Our media ignorance

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Oct 2, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

It's a shame that we can't get any reports out of our local media...
    McCoskey is a freekin' joke....and Sharpe/Foster just makes up crap that doesn't come true.

I wonder if they know that most of the players are in town... just maybe they'd have time to do an exclusive?

The articles we do get we could pick up on the AP wire.

Must be those successful Lions and Tigers taking up all the ink these days... you know ... why bother with the back-2-back finals team with a large following.... there's tons of stories that could be had if they knew what to ask.

If we ever get a dedicated writer that actually knows how to talk to management and player we won't know how to act.

I'm ready to ban the Det News... they are now off the favorites.... not worthy of the extra clicks.... not like we'd actually learn something from their Pistons coverage. :confused:
  2. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

The Detroit News

The only reason I look at the news is to see what kind of pics they have from the games. I use to buy the paper take it to work to read it on break then I just got fed up with myself for wasting the 50 cents.

The problem is that they don’t have anyone really competing for stories so they just don’t bother. If for example another beat guy kept getting exclusives and had a following just maybe they would try harder. I know that some of the people in this forum could do a better job, get decent interviews, get more in depth coverage and write articles that make sense (the thing I hate is they talk about stuff in the fourth quarter and then back track bounce around and talk about a play in the first half why? is that better sports writing?

Sharp Rosenberg Parker McCoskey Foster all should look for new jobs, and Albom should just stick with writing crappy books. At least if we had some decent writers we would be asking a lot less questions, we would know what’s what

I guess they are just to busy shoveling all that BS to take the time to know what the FANS want to know.
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Someone heard you, Merc

He must have heard you. He's got something today.
  4. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Coskey

He must be a pf.com member. :nod: Somewhere around here. Haha
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Don't laugh! I would love to have a local beat writer around here. IRREGARDLESS of what people think of Chris, he still has insider access and that is what we crave.

Chris, if you are here. Contact me. ;)
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I stopped using the paper when I learned about Pistons Media central, its on the nba.com pistons website that has all of the Pistons articles on it, and it's not only detnews.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Dude, this forum is the best place for pistons info IMHO. These guys don't have inside info but they seem a heck of a lot more knowledgable than those outside sources and they give you up to the minute reports. Plus they really tell you what's on their mind...and you get both sides of every issue. People aren't shy in here, lol. :thumb:
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

well I don't look at that site anymore since I learned about this site, but I sometimes just check there if somehow you guys don't catch anything, if thats possible.