Our Orlando pick

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Aug 29, 2006.

1. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

What's wrong with being well rounded??But we should see a decent pick from them and our own.Deep draft so they say and Joe better have a stellar offseason.Otherwise the Sheed move was a fluke cuz he hasn't impressed since.Especially when Darko and Aroyoyo become perennial allstars lol that draft pick better be the next Shaq or Yao.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Want to be on my fantasy team?

Try not to injure yourself watching the game tonight though. My IR list is full.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My elbows are razorblades. You don't want me practicing with your superstars. I was the original Mad Dog before Mark Madsen became a pro.
  4. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko has put together a few dominant 4th quarter performances. stats aside darko is playing real good.

grant hill is as great as ever.

d. howard is a beast.

orlando is leading the east. last year was not a fluke
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have to admit, Orlando has played much better than I thought. Remember, thought, the season is still very young.
  6. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

What thought do you want us to remember?:pound: :pound:

Just playing with you Bill. You are one of my favorite posters on here!
  7. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

go darko your the man
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Interesting that Battie is still in the starting lineup (0 pts tonight)... Darko had 7 pts in 31 min... not exactly making a case this game.

The Magic are now 10-4 and can no longer be ignored.
    Too bad they had to start playing ball when we have their pick... I don't see this team remaining healthy... on every defensive possesion they are stretching beyond what they can do... most of these guys have not played major minutes before.
  9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Sounds like you would be an excellent Nintendo Wii player.
    :nerd2:
  10. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Howard is arguably the bset PF in the league, including Boozer. They are young and it seems to me that they are only going to get better, though they probably won't have a higher winning percentage at year end than they have now.
  11. bball jay

it was a blowout early. darko only took 7 shots.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Go to 82games.com. Its clear that Darko is outplaying Battie totally. Tonight, due to foul trouble Darko got a lot of minutes, but Darko has recently been kept in for whole 4th quarters every game. (Ever since Hill made the mistake of taking him out in the Memphis game and watching a floodgate of scoring open for Memphis.)

Tonight, forget the stats. Orlando continually ran their offense thru Darko and Darko made good decisions all night. And defense does not show up in the boxscore. With Darko on the floor, challenging virtually every shot Atlanta tried to put up, Atlanta scored just one bucket for the last 8 minutes of the 2nd quarter. (just 2 points, no free throw attempts even) Yes, and Darko was flying out to bother that one too. Darko was only credited for 2 blocks in this one, but man if they had a stat for shot alterations. Darko had them drawing rain trying to shoot over him. And back to that decision making by Darko. Atlanta could not score, and a game that had Atlanta just 7 points behind at one point in the 2nd quarter ended up with Orlando leading 57-29, with Orlando just being one point away from having Atlanta doubled up. Game over.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Unfortunantly it looks like the Orlando pick won't bring much to the Pistons. Of course things can change very quickly.
  14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I don't understand your logic. Perhaps you are just speaking randomnly again. Are you saying that typically in blowouts where a player is in the game for the majority of the minutes, its likely they won't score much?

:crazy:
  15. bball jay

i mean darko wasn't trying to score because the game was already decided. he has never been the type to try to run up his stats in garbage time. darko was busy being unselfish trying to get jj reddick his first nba points.
  16. MotownPride

He didn't have strong assist totals either. I'm gonna toss this one up as bologna. If you get to rain on my Ben Wallace parade, don't be afraid to get wet yourself. lol.
  17. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I saw the game last night, Darko was NOT LOOKING FOR HIS OWN SHOTS, he was just swinging the ball around. The guards WERE NOT PASSING THE BALL TOO MUCH, ATL was doubling all post players and they were passing it back out of the post. Darko swung the ball out to open shooters several times but they missed quite a few of them. Just look at the RATIO of shots between the Magic bigs (Howard, Battie, Darko) vs the Magic's guards (Nelson, Arroyo, Turkoglu, Dooling), the bigs were giving up the ball.

Darko was moving the ball, but not much comes out of that statistically. He did get the assist for JJ Redick's first NBA basket and then got him the ball for JJ's second NBA attempt. Remember Darko's assist on Amir's first bucket? Darko didn't look to "pad his numbers" at the end of the game, he was just moving the ball around and waiting for the clock to run out.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

19. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

if i ever run for public office i'm hiring jay for spin purposes
  20. MotownPride

Hmm..I guess this makes sense since he's already established himself as a force in this league (sarcasm!)...may as well give the guys trying to make a name for themselves a shot.

Un...huh..

Save it. This is a sexy way of calling Darko passive which is no revelation.