Our Orlando pick

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Aug 29, 2006.

1. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

MoTown, I agree, it is impossible to separate the Magic from Darko. Inasmuch as we should EXPECT Jameer and Dwight to improve and maybe Grant to get back to some form of early Grant Hill, the main thing that will make the most difference as to whether or not the Magic improve to any form of contending status would be the improvement of DMC to his place as one of the building blocks of the Magic. That 'building block' description is not my description, but that of the Magic brass and press.

Of course, we are not contending that DMC will be the only reason. There are JJ, Ariza and Hedo who are important, but I think that many of those either for or against Darko will agree with that statement. The non-believers will be betting that he does not and they do not, but they can agree that the two are interrelated.

As to the helping of "first NBA points", Darko did get assists on the ones mentioned. Ben, if he threw the ball to any rookie, it was probably a failed shot attempt :stirthepot: . Just joshin' with you. I was a Ben fan, too. Remember, I wanted him to stay long enough to come off the bench behind Darko.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Here is the list Jay:
    Tim Duncan
    Dwight Howard
    Rasheed Wallace
    Ben Wallace
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Amare Stoudemire
    Yao Ming
    Shaq
    Nenad Krstic
    Chris Bosh
    Jermaine Oneal
    Marcus Camby
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Carlos Boozer
    Zach Randolph
    Pau Gasol
    Zydrunas Ilgauskas
    Elton Brand
    Chris Kaman
    Emeka Okafor
    Antawn Jamison
    Andrew Bogut
    David West
    Memo
  3. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:pound: :rofl:
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

And those are the obvious ones.

I'll add...

Andris Biedrins
    Troy Murphy
    Brad Miller
    Boris Diaw
    Zach Randolph
    Charlie Vlinanueva
    David Lee
    Al Harrington
    Zaza Pachulia
    Al Harrington

to that list.
  5. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Uh, Orlando is an extremely DEEP team, they have a ton of depth.

Grant Hill has missed two games this year, BOTH GAMES were BLOWOUT WINS for the Magic. They are very deep. Their worst depth is at the PF/C spot however and if they lose Dwight Howard they are in a bit of trouble, BUT I think that Battie and Darko would fill in until Dwight could come back and they would do a pretty good job. They wouldn't be as great as they have been early on but they would still be a good basketball team.
  6. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

so basically no he hasn't. deferring is different than creating shots for other players. darko makes his teammates better thats a sign of a star. bens man probably double teamed a lot of players to hinder them from making thier first points.
  7. bball jay

i'll give you 13. but for the rest.

more of a small forward:
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Antawn Jamison
    Boris Diaw
    Charlie Vlinanueva
    Al Harrington

better but got locked up head to head:
    Emeka Okafor
    Jermaine Oneal
    Kevin Garnett

bad team good stats:
    David West

more experienced but being better is debatable:
    Ben Wallace
    Nenad Krstic
    Zydrunas Ilgauskas
    Marcus Camby
    Andrew Bogut
    Chris Kaman
    David Lee
    Zaza Pachulia
    Andris Biedrins
    Troy Murphy
    Brad Miller

darko is a top 10 big man defender in this league. i think this list was offensively biased. most of these players are just waiting to get owned by darko. head to head darko has matched up well with big man stars. i think people put too much emphasis on stats too. darko is playing 20 minutes and he's like the 3rd to 4th option on the team. he's also being forced to play out of comfort zone by his coach.
  8. MotownPride

Not saying that...I'm simply saying thats something you would track if you are grasping for straws to show relevence.
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

How does Orlando talk become Darko speak? Howard & Hill monopolize most stats and Darko gets fictitious credit for taking down most NBA premier big men after less than 15 games?

Am I missing something important here?
  10. MotownPride

I'd say you captured it all in a nutshell. Welcome to Darko bizzaro world!
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

Mo...there's something about bballjay that hypnotically makes you want to believe him...then you wake up in a cold sweat thanking the Almighty that Darko is no longer a Piston.
  12. bball jay

you are missing the games. you are only looking at the stats. it's not fictional darko did own several premier big men. they just simply couldn't score on him. if you want a stat look at darko's blocks. he plays 20 minutes a game and is in the top 10 of the league. when darko comes in the paint is shut down.that's a big plus for a team to bring in 1 guy and the paint gets shut down.

just like when you talk miami you have to talk shaq & wade, kobe and the lakers, lebron and cleveland.

darko is part of a 3 headed monster that will terrorize the east for years to come. darko, d. howard and jameer. it's not just me saying it it's the magic brass that is including darko in the plans for the future. darko gets most of the talk here because he's forever connected to the pistons. whether he plays good or not will most effect whether we get a good pick or not. the others that can effect us is dependent on injury because they are known commodity. .
  13. bball jay

yes. the combo of dale davis and nazr really looks promising to carry us deep into the playoffs for years to come. watching nazr foul people without making a play on the ball makes me sweat.

you don't have to believe me now. darko will own our big men in the coming weeks. you can see it first hand the impact that he has on the game.
  14. MotownPride

He's awesome. Big man that blocks shots, doesn't rebound well (5.4 a game), shoots a mediocre field goal pct for a big and shoots horribly from the line (50%). Absolutely awesome! Did I mention he's a good shot blocker? Is there a Hall of Fame for shotblocking?
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darko's current season stats (averages):
    0 games started
    21 mins
    7.7 points
    5.4 rebs
    1.1 ast
    1.6 TO
    .7 steals
    2.1 blocks
    3 fouls

Nazr's current season stats (averages):
    14 games started
    20 mins
    6.9 points
    5.9 rebs
    .1 ast
    1.1 TO
    .8 steals
    1.2 blocks
    3.5 fouls
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think you are supposed to look at the stats, and then forget what you see.

Or maybe you are supposed to forget to look at the stats and just wing it.

:rofl:
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You are hardly doing justice by only mentioning Darko's excellent defensive work in the interior. The fact is, Darko constantly flies out at people on the perimeter and is very successful at altering those shots too.

Also, to back you up a bit, someone below puts up Mohammed's vs. Darko's numbers this season. Here is a telling stat though. How many games has the coach let Mohammed finish? None I believe. And how many 4th quarters has Mohammed been in this year. Very few. This last game, Mohammed was done 4 minutes into the 2nd half, and that is getting to be the usual. Meanwhile, we are, as you mention, seeing Darko own one big after another and therefore staying out there more and more in the 4th quarter, playing entire 4th quarters as of late. O'Neal in particular looked like a midget trying to either defend or score on Darko.
  18. detteam

detteam All-Star

My eyes are beginning to glaze over again and I'm getting very, very sleepy...something must be affecting me. :sleep:
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Amazing. This kid really CAN do it all.
  20. max

max All-Star

Good thing they are only playing Darko 20 MPG. Nice of them to give the rest of the league a break.