Pacers Shopping Ronnie

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Abe Froemen, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I was watching the Cavs vs. Nets on espn and heard Stephen A Smith say the pacers are thinking about shopping around ronnie. He is unhappy with his offensive role on the team and i guess barkley said the same thing about it the other night on tnt supposedly thier are talks with the queens i mean kings because peja is un happy as well here is a link to the article.
    http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/13958095p-14792412c.html

Also on NBA.COM if you look in the editors picks part Peter Vecsey also talks about it he thinks that reggie told barkley about it and that there is some truth to it

I think it would be geat for the kings someone who can play d horrible for the pacers an offensive minded chucker to take touches away from oneil i hope it happens:thumb: :wink:
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wow

It would be great for the Pistons, but bad for Pistons fans. Before Rons suspension, the Pacers/Pistons matchups were absolutely THE BEST in basketball. Sorry, but Wade and Shaq just don't offer the drama of Ron and Jermaine. That was some awesome basketball.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I vote for more boring games if it means no Ronnie!!!!
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

lol that would rock for us if they traded artest for peja
  5. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Artest has asked to be traded!!!

Check this out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2255420

Apparently, Ron Artest feels the Pacers will be better off without him, and that in a perfect world, he would be traded to the Knicks!

I'm not sure what to make of this....
  6. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

as much as I don't like him....this is the best thing that could happen for Pistons, because he is so good on both ends of the floor. NY would be great......rotfl think of him and Brown together. Don't know what kind of team SM would be, but maybe crawford.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Odd. He is crazier than I thought if he thinks Larry Brown is gonna give him the green light to shoot whenever he pleases. :wacko::der:

Interesting the way he protects Carlisle. I think he just wants the hell out of Indy, for whatever reason.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Artest said he wants to play in an offense where he is allowed to shoot more, adding, "If it were a perfect world, I would be going to New York"

Apperently, New York is the perfect place for a guy who needs the ball and freedom to shoot. Just ask Marbury. Or Crawford. Or Houston....
    "I'm so demanding of the ball. It's not my fault". Artest told the Star. Every time someone is on me, it's a mismatch. It messes up the offense. I like Coach [Carlisle] as a person, but I don't like playing for coach. I like my team, though."

Whoa. Bet this surprised Indy. After holding out for his season long suspension. Well, good luck Ron, wherever you may go.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This guy is a grade A nutjob.
  10. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Here's the source article:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051210/SPORTS04/512100493

Artest is quoted as saying the following:

How he can reconcile this with his desire to "maximize his potential" is something I don't understand. :confused: He's not making any sense! :doh:
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

he's just looking for attention...no one cares about him when he's not doin shizz to make headlines. he makese no sense, wanting the ball constantly but then saying he'd be happy off the bench. lol
  12. Z-man

Z-man Second Round Draft Pick

Artest Trade Request

He wants a trade to NY (this goes beyond anger management -- this calls his sanity into play). A chance for Zeke to do us another favor (would this team be playing as well right now, and be having as much fun under Larry?)! So nice of him to distract and derail the Pacers for a second straight year.

It's also interesting to see that Artest feels stifled by Rick's offensive philosophy. Sure, and Coach Brown will be glad to give him all sorts of freedom to shoot whenever and wherever!
  13. max

max All-Star

Ny

I think money is involved here. NY would be a great place for Artest to increase his publicity and plug his record company. What better way to do it than call your coach out and say your team would be better off without you?

Honestly though. Its good news to me. I love reading bad news about the Pacers. Whatever NY can offer its not going to make up for losing Artest. Bird should have moved him when he had the chance. The warning signs were there. Bird brought this on himself.

Here is a link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2255420
  14. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

ANything for ROn Ron

I'd love to see Artest get traded.

It would make the Pacers a wee bit weaker. He is their second best player after all,, and anything to have the Pacers weaker would bode well for our championship chances.

TO NY? He is asking for a trade to NY? He is crazy, really.

How about they trade him to the Heat? Think of all the chemistry problems they'd have there!

:nod:
  15. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

16. max

max All-Star

Artest Also cites Cleveland

"If I go to the West Coast, I would come back to New York after my contract is up," Artest said. "I would go to Cleveland. I wouldn't mind coming off the bench behind LeBron James. There's a lot of players I wouldn't mind coming off the bench behind. If it was a perfect world, I would be going to New York."

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051211/SPORTS04/512110449
  17. max

max All-Star

Trades

Interesting how this plays out.

If its NY I would be looking at Eddie Curry. If Clev then throw in someone like Anthony Johnson and go for Larry Hughes.
  18. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

what makes it sad

Larry Bird sticking up for his ass after the brawl they were in S.I. this year bird saying "look Ronnie made a horrible mistake going into the stands but he tucks his shirttail in and comes to battle everyday. That makes me proud."
    And Ronnie saying “its time i stopped acting like a knucklehead and paid the team back i owe them a championship"
    Or how about a quote from Rick "he would come off the bench tomorrow if i asked him to"
    Ronnie wants to turn his back on the city that stood behind him because he thinks it will make them better if he leaves sure i buy that. so why does this moron think the Knicks is where he should go cuz he is from there think about how that would make good ol lb feel he might have to leave the Knicks and coach somebody else cuz the nut job that scarred him and the game he loves would be on his team.
    Artest is a nutjob who only cares about himself i hope that Gms all over wipe the drool off their chin and realize who they would be trading for a cancer that would ruin their team then again if they are dumb enough...
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

What if he came off the bench behind Tayshaun? In an effort to "help Indy" he agrees to void his contract and we trade straight up for Mo Evans?

With a bench unit of Dice, Aretest, Delfino, and Arroyo, (and Sheed or Ben for leadership) there is no one in the league who could even come close.

Plus, the reduced minutes would allow the Tru Warrier to focus on his music career. Maybe he could start hanging out with Eminem and 50.

:boink:

(there wasn't a smiley face stirring a pot, so this was the best I could do)
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star

linwood

As much as RA has great bball talent and I wouldn't mind him playing here, his off-court is overwhelming. The Pistons are one of the few organizations that could possibly straighten him out because of their team focus and cohesion...and Joe Dumars. (Can you imagine Sheed & Ben sitting him down and telling him the facts of life with the Pistons?) I don't think JD would even consider experimenting with him.

This guy contradicts himself with every word out of his mouth and has lost all touch with reality.