Pacers Shopping Ronnie

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Abe Froemen, Dec 9, 2005.

1. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

And he also said that he needs the ball at his hands all the time where he can shoot more. How can he do that when Lebron is doing all that and plays 40+ minutes a game??? ARTEST IS REALLY NUTS!!!:doh: :frusty:

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Artest to NY would be a good move for the Knicks. Brown can keep Ron in line and he has a lot of respect for Zeke.

It would also make the Knicks a much better team. Like him or not, Ron is one of the top 5 defenders in the league.

And he's from the NY area...

Still, you gotta love the Pacers imploding in the locker room. I guess Donnie Walsh knew how bad Reggie's retirement would hit this team when he tried desperately to persuade Reg to come back.

3. G-man

G-man Starter

Wave, "Artest to NY would be a good move for the Knicks. Brown can keep Ron in line and he has a lot of respect for Zeke. It would also make the Knicks a much better team. Like him or not, Ron is one of the top 5 defenders in the league. And he's from the NY area..."

At 6.5M, he's bargain basement deal for someone. The Pacers would logically have to package him with another player to get back someone that brings as much to their stat sheets as Artest does. Realistically trading for someone in $10.M range. This guy is only pulling a little more than a 1+M more than Dorko, err..Darko..

4. G-man

G-man Starter

Just talkin....

Mo Evans is tradeable after the 15th.

A trade that includes McDyess and Evans for Artest meets the CBA guidelines. Hmmmmm

Thoughts?

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Darko and Mo for Ron? Hire Mahorn as Ron's personal "motivation" coach and you've got yourself a deal!

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Artest in the D?

Would the fans embrace him? I doubt Indy would make that deal anyway. It would be a significant steal for us, talent-wise.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

that's a joke right? you guys aren't serious about wanting ron here, and you aren't serious about the ridiculous darko/evans trade offer right?

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Did someone mention Darko & Evans for Ron? I would do THAT trade in a minute...regardless of how big a nutjob he is. :nod:

9. roscoe36

Thoughts, McNice is not going to be traded this year. I can't see Joe doing it. While he can make the tough deals, he also has his locker room credibility to think of and McNice is good pals with everyone there, particularly CB.

I could see the Knicks sending an expiring deal for Artest and pieces.

That's the thing about Artest. He's on an affordable deal, but his character questions almost negate the value of his contract. I think the low dollar value does make him an interesting proposition for a team looking to take a risk.

Philly (Korver, Nailon, Salmons...)
    Houston (Bowen and Barry, not sure about #s)
    NY (expiring deal or Richardson)
    Orlando (Turkoglu)

Indy needs a SF back. They can't roll with Granger if they hope to compete for a title. He was considered the most "ready" rookie in the draft, but all the same replacing Ron's "D" with a significant contribution on either side of the ball is a necessity. Jackson is a lot less effective as a 3.

10. G-man

G-man Starter

Artest in a Pistons uniform?

I have no problem with Artest in Detroit.

It was Stephen Jackson that played the biggest role in inciting the malice at the Palace. Plus a couple of those guys in the stands needed their azzes kicked..:)

He'd be a great 6th man off our bench, which is why I used McDyess with Evans to make the numbers work. BUT-the Darko/Evans for Artest does work financially as well. I don't believe Bird would take the DMC over McDyess if he's serious about winning it all this year. I think McDyess is a far smarter and safer bet for a team that needs adult floor leadership.

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

what i'm saying is, indy's trying to compete for a title and they wouldn't hand us their best player any more than we'd hand them sheed or tayshaun or whatever for like, jeff foster and al harrison lol. i'm surprised people are even bringing up such a lopsided trade (darko and evans are no ron, c'mon), and i'm surprised people would even want that screwball here. and mcdyess instead of darko? losing a big and giving indy another big isn't the best idea.

the ONLY way i'd trade for ron is if we'd give up somethin like darko in return and then we either traded ron again or made him ride the bench the rest of the year, with the sole accomplishment of that trade being that indy gets weaker.

how can you say it was stephen jackson and not artest that played the biggest role? wow. how could you guys NOT have a problem with him on your team?

12. G-man

G-man Starter

Indys title hopes..

What do think Artests comments about wanting to be traded just did to their title aspirations? I can hear air 'whooshing' out'a their balloon right now..

(Ooops, that was me, I shouldn't had the pizza last night...) :)

13. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm with Warthog.

NO WAY would I want Artest here. I don't care how talented he is - and he's very talented. The guy is a nut job. Grade A certified Mad Cow Beef.
    Even before the Malice @ the Palace, there's no way I'd want him. After what happened, not a chance in H. E. double hockey sticks.

Bill D. would never approve it.
    Joe D. would never do it.
    The majority of fans would never embrace it.

And for that matter, I can't see Ron Ron playing for us either.

14. roscoe36

It doesn't matter how lopsided the deal is. If he's a distraction, tearing apart your locker room and not buying into the offense, you HAVE to move him somewhere.

The only other course of action is to suspend him and then his value plummets from lack of playing time.

I don't think Donnie Walsh has the gonads to make this move, but it would be the smartest one. It's time for the Pacers to cut bait with Ronnie. Addition by subtraction works.

15. G-man

G-man Starter

Whitenoise..

Jammer, your reasoning is exactly why there's probably a bunch Indy fans wishing we would take him. Cause of the locker room distraction. But after hearing the guy speak about 200 times, I don't think he's the sharpest knife in the butcher block.

(Ya just have to keep leaving shiny objects on the floor in the lockerroom to keep him distracted.)

He is a bonafide baller...I think the fans would end up loving the guys game...

16. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm not so sure on any of those points.

I think BillD will defer to Joe on ALL player decisions.
    If given the proper talent swap, Joe MIGHT consider it (never say 'never').
    I think fans would defer to Joe also...I'm sure the fans would adopt him here, especially considering he would no longer be with the Pacers.

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah i'd adopt a guy who went in and visually assaulted my fellow fans attending the game...not on your life.

18. roscoe36

Well, if we somehow ended up with Ron, it would solve the problem with nick-naming this team.

We could be the Detroit Nutbars. :laugh:

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Don't forget the a-hole that instigated and the other drunks that jumped in. Do you really want those guys included in the fan base?

20. G-man

G-man Starter

And the crowd goes wild....

Can you imagine what the crowd would do the first time he and Big Ben chest up in the same uniforms? Rahhhhhhhhh

He and WallaceX2 closing the door on D would be wild. Plus it would end the constant talk about the brawl. A full circle event.

Hey we are just talkin...right.....right?.......hmmmm