Pacers Shopping Ronnie

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Abe Froemen, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the guy that threw the cup? no. but artest is a professional and he should have never gone into the stands. as for the other drunks that jumped in? good for them. when the players went into the stands they relinquished their right to protection and deserved to get their asses beat down. i have NO problem with our fans sticking up for each other, and i'd be more mad if they just stood by and watched.

he'd be booed every time his name was called and every time he touched the ball, i guarantee it.
  2. G-man

G-man Starter

Warthog..

C'mon, the guy that threw the beer needed his azz punked. So did the chubby guys on the hardwood who wanted to 'duke it up'...

Now Gramma getting steamrolled was pretty rude. And that cat who was looking around like a living "where's Elmo" right before he got nailed by Artest was a hard thing to watch..

Absolutely, his behavior was outside the arc. But that was yesterday, we're talkin about tomorrow..
  3. G-man

G-man Starter

Brother Warthog

Me thinks, you give the fans too much credit.. They'll roll like donuts off the hood of a police cruiser if Joe tosses anything their way.

I like your upright demeanor and tough luv stance though...:laugh:
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i don't have a problem with the guys who went on the floor getting knocked around, just as i don't have a problem with the players getting knocked around who went in the stands. it goes both ways.

if you've been to any number of games at the palace, you would know that artest would never be accepted and would be booed constantly. i can't understand why people are even bringing his name up as a possibility to play for detroit, it's got to be one of the most ridiculous things i've heard in awhile.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

warthog

What about the guys that came out on the floor (JO got one of them)? And the butthead that threw the chair?

I don't condone anything the Pacers did, but true 'fans' should be professional too. The kooks that jumped in are the same guys that have given Detroit a bad rap over the years.
  6. G-man

G-man Starter

Games at the Palace?

A couple hundred. Had a boatload of corporate and personal seats until two years ago. Still have access to the corporate.

And I've watched the fans twist and bend in the wind like little willow branches. It's a ride and Joey D's at the helm. Wherever he steers it, they'll go along..It's the nature of a bandwagon..

My simple-mined philosphy is this; I'd rather have an underpaid emotional baller that brings it, than an overpaid baller that doesn't.
  7. G-man

G-man Starter

Det..

"guys that have given Detroit a bad rap"

Well, Artest does give up some pretty bad "rap". So he'd fall into that category.. :nod:
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Until he put up his first 30 point game, or knocked a Dwayne Wade layup into the upper deck. Then everyone would love him. I guarantee it.
  9. AllNet

AllNet Second Round Draft Pick

It's a shame that Ronnie won't be in a Pacer uniform when the Pacers come to town in Feb. I'mn guessing Indy will sort out a trade before then. Whatever happens I doubt they will get fair value. Teams rarely do when It comes to guys who want to leave.

Maybe Peja is headed to Indy, which IMO makes them a worse team. Mainly defensively.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

If acquired, maybe he could become Kwayme's spokesperson leading up to the Super Bowl? He could write a Detroit 'bad-rap' theme song and perform before the game :P to give satiric credence to the persona the national media has portrayed to the world about Detroit.
  11. G-man

G-man Starter

Detteam, hear ya on the National Blabber%%%%%s...

That joke would be on them..

I think we should roll with the punches, burn all the talking heads cars up in the parking lot at half time. Do it while smiling and say we had to free the "bad spirits" from their luxury imports. Had to salvage our motown mojo for all the Michigan autoworkers losing their livelyhoods. A ceremonial pyre, a real smoking barnburner....:eyebrows:

Or maybe not...
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

I like it! A ceremonial exorcism...and Ronnie could light the match!
  13. max

max All-Star

Artest

If Artest does not want to come here then he is only going to cause problems ( refusing to report etc.. ). Besides there are a lot of desperate teams out there that would give a lot more for him than Dumars would be willing to offer. Namely both Clev and NY. NY needs any kind of help and Clev just cannot win big games on the road. Artest knew what he was doing when he named those 2 teams.

Just for the sake of argument the fans here would accept Ron. When you are 14-2 is it worth the chemistry risk? It would cut into Tay and Rips time. Its not going to happen though.
  14. detteam

detteam All-Star

Tay needs a little more bench time.

And yes, the fans would accept RA...afterall they've put up with Darko for 2+ years and he has shown little on-court intensity.
  15. max

max All-Star

re

After the huge contract Tay just got? Is Tay really that much less than Artest? Artest cited the desire for more scoring opportunities. Detroit is not the place for that. I would not want to break up the great chemistry Prince, Rip and Tay have.

Its not going to happen.

Would Clev offer Hughes for Artest and change? Thats the most likely scenerio.
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

He also offered up coming off the bench...go figure.

Nah...it won't happen, but it's entertaining to consider the possibility considering our bench NEEDS some kind of change.
  18. G-man

G-man Starter

The Kravitz Piece

Old Kravitz needs someone to help get his tighty whities down out'a his continetal cheek divide.

Emotions are running pretty high over Ron being Ron. The pot boileth over for the Indy sports hacks since Reggie has left. The problem in Indy is Bird..and Walsh..

Running Artest out for nothing (speaking soley of trade value) as this guy is suggesting means he's totally devoid of rational thought. Probably out'a go back to reporting on sack races and tractor pulls..
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Detteam

I agree, it ain't gonna happen. I personally wouldn't let it happen now, because I wouldn't want us to lose Abe.

But just for kicks, can you imagine how dominant we would be with Artest and McDice coming off the bench?
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

That's totally unfair. Everyone knows sack racing season has been over for months.