Paul Headlines 2005-06 NBA T-Mobile All-Rookie Team

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 4, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Paul Headlines 2005-06 NBA T-Mobile All-Rookie Team

NEW YORK, May 4 – Chris Paul of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets headlines a talented group of rookies named to the T-Mobile NBA All-Rookie Team, the NBA announced today.

Paul, the only unanimous First Team selection, is joined by Toronto’s Charlie Villanueva (56 points), Milwaukee’s Andrew Bogut (55 points), Utah’s Deron Williams (46 points) and New York’s Channing Frye (45 points).

Paul became the fifth rookie to win the T-Mobile Rookie of the Month award for every month of his rookie season, joining Cleveland’s LeBron James, Denver’s Carmelo Anthony and San Antonio's Tim Duncan and David Robinson. Paul, who led all rookies with 21 double-doubles, averaged rookie highs of 16.1 points and 7.8 assists while also recording 5.1 rebounds and 2.24 steals.

2. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Personally, I think Felton should have made First Team and Williams Second Team (not First Team). But....others (who actually had a vote in this) thought differently.:fingerscr

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He didn't set the world on fire during the Pistons series, but I was starting to like Bogut, despite the panty hose (and tutu) - 8.6 points and 6.2 rebounds in 34 minutes a game. He's pretty clueless about how to play defense without fouling (4.2 per game), but 3.4 assists isn't bad for a rookie center.

I actually think he would play better if the Bucks dumped Magloire back onto the heap where he belongs and play Gadzuric alongside Bogut. A better three and that wouldn't be a bad young front line.

4. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Chris Paul was in a class by himself (from what I saw) in last years Vegas summer league. His performance this year doesn't suprise me a bit.