Penn State

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by detteam, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I don't know if a lot of people are aware that this story came out because of a young 24 year old reporter who asked and followed up on questions that the national media apparently was afraid to pursue. She smelled something fishing when she was covering something unrelated. There were whispers and she became suspicious and even though some people were uncooperative she investigated it for a couple of years.

Her name is Sue Ganim and she already won a Pulitzer Prize for this. A brave kid. Much more courage than any of these fools involved with Penn State at the time.

I guess they have around 85 kids on scholarship at Penn State. I wonder how many will leave? 20%? That would be very significant.

How could they be so insensitive? How could they be so cowardly? How could they be so stupid?
    linwood and Nemo like this.
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Those "core values" that we hold dear is why the NCAA president did what he did. People at Penn State (too damn many of them) let the love of the game, which we all have, cloud their judgement............and for that.........they'll pay now...........and in the afterlife. When reincarnated, Sandusky will come back as a tree....The dogs will use him, and then the wood will be used for a toilet seat............
  3. Nemo

Thanks Drath....Darth...and Darth Tiger. :)
  4. Nemo

I hope Michigan doesn't recruit these guys..............The brand sells itself.......................M - Go Blue.................
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

6. Darth Tater

O

Or worse yet...he COULD be reincarnated as Jammertime.
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Umm not what he was referring too... Mich offered him this spring, and he changed his commitment after this all came down... Anybody with any talent that would follow thru and go to that school next year has to have an unkillable love for PSU. 4 years of playing for "nothing"... thats going to be a hard sell for them to use on recruits. They had a really strong class started, can't see them holding it at all now.

As for the kids already on scholarship there, it has to be a tough decision as to whether to stay or go... I could see some of the incoming Freshmen who have yet to play there leaving but each class before that it would have to be harder and harder to leave a school you hold dear to your heart. My understanding is they have 10 days to decide and change, will be interesting how many do move on.
    Nemo likes this.
  8. Nemo

Good work Round............Bill is the Darth Tater of yanking chains.................
  9. Darth Tater

Nemo is the Laimbeer of...wait...what is it Laimbeer does around here? He must serve SOME purpose. oh, yeah...

Nemo is the poor man's version of Laimbeer taking sniper shots.

I'm thinking Michigan State maybe needs a quarterback. I mean...assuming the Penn State guy wants to play for a REAL winner. Or then again...he may stay with the doomed program or go to a brand name team. Maybe Maxwell will do ok. Penn State will not be dominant, of course, but I think team will rally around this and will be somebody you shouldn't fall asleep on. Remember the old Northwestern team. They lost for several years in a row. I think Penn State won't be like that. They will get about 4 wins i am guessing. A couple of those from outside the Big Ten.

2012 Penn State Football Schedule - PSU Nittany Lions

Ohio U., Temple.. Maybe Navy. Maybe Indiana?
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

My understanding is that the kids can keep their scholarships even if they decide not to play football. For the second stringers and practice squad guys, it makes sense to stay. PSU is still an excellent University, even if their Athletic Department is morally bankrupt.
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm on a Michigan State forum. Someone there suggested the B1G get rid of Penn State and bring in Notre Dame. I couldn't help reminding him that Brian Kelly and his coaches sent Declan Sullivan up on an aerial lift in severe winds to tape practice...resulting in his death. Lucky no one else got killed when the lift blew over. Gusts that day reportedly went as high as 53mph. The lift industry recommends no more than 28.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Appalacian State should try to get on Penn State's schedule in the next 5 years.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  13. max

max All-Star

Especially when you see pictures of Sandusky and hear him talk - they were defending that?

So far only 2 former administrators will be charged with purgery for lying to a grand jury. Seems like there should be some kind of accessory to molestation charges and a lot more should be implicated.

On the University level the NCAA sanctions may seem like punishing the students but they kind of have to punish the the Program itself. Otherwise when something happens at some other school or any where they can just fire whoever did it and not claim responsibility.
  14. Darth Tater

Notre Dame wants nothing to do with the Big Ten other than playing a couple of Michigan teams most years. If they wanted in they would already be in.
  15. Nemo

16. Darth Tater

17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Ok...... I really have to stop reading that website of pennstates.... BlueWhiteIllustrated.com - Message Boards

I know I'm a Mich homer, but you can't tell the difference between a troll and a homer there...
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That is a fascinating read. There are some real sick folks who follow college sports.
  19. Nemo

I 've heard of Dr. Jykell changing into Mr. Hyde.................from goodness to evil.............

Maybe Rascoe changes into Microwave and runs that board just for his amusement. :)
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star