PF.com Basketball Keeper League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by webz, Oct 2, 2009.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My son ranked all 10 teams. He had you as the 9th best team. :pound::stirthepot::pound::stirthepot::pound:

2. BillLaimbeer

You expected him to keep Granger over Darko? Perhaps you didn't notice that ESPN added the AOTG statistic....

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was one of the worst teams last season, and nearly beat you for the title.

Junior probably doesn't understand the scoring or strategy in our league. And I'm not about to tell anyone, because half way through last season, I developed my own system, and I think it is good enough to win for awhile. :)

4. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Granger was an absolute freebie for Winless. Despite that, there were still plenty of other very good players not franchised.

It was interesting to see some teams opting to keep youth despite the fact they still would not likely be in the top 3 players on their team this season.

5. roscoe36

You mean like me keeping Horford? :)

6. webz

Haha, well maybe he is one that comes to mind. But I think he will be a dependable player for a long time to come. Can he become a top 30 player this season or next? It's not inconceivable.

He puts up pretty similar numbers to David Lee (who you opted not to keep), but Lee doesn't block shots. Jamison was probably your only other option, but that turned out pretty well for you considering his injury. If you've got a strategy, all to the good!

7. roscoe36

I let Jamison go because with Arenas coming back, he would get less touches. And I let Lee go because at the time, his contract situation was iffy. I had no real issue with redrafting him, because he was a solid part of my team last year.

I also let Jamison go because I don't think it is worthwhile to franchise 30+ year old guys if you can help it.

I've put a lot of thought into my fantasy strategy for Keeper. I really like this league. ESPN is a little clunky in some ways, better in others. But this is great fun where I don't have to treat each season as disconnected from the last, in draft position or roster.

8. webz

Solid reasoning. I forgot about the contract situation with Lee. I was struggling a bit to select my keepers. Yao threw a spanner in that works. I also didn't think B.Davis would decline so quickly. Therefore, I didn't draft a lot of youth last season, but I made sure I got some this year. I would consider keeping a young prospect if I thought he could become a top 30 player the year after next.

If we had the initial draft again I would probably do things differently.

This league is pretty cool though. I agree that I prefer Yahoo's design, but ESPN seems to put more effort into new features.

I didn't get any proposals for new rules or teams over the off-season, but I'm always open to ideas (general announcement).

9. BillLaimbeer

The League Champion discussed the scoring and strategy with Junior. :pound::pound::pound:

10. roscoe36

You were the League Champion last season. This season, you're just microwaved puppy chow.

11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I still remember how hjard I had to laugh in the later rounds, when suddenly Darko's name appeared - crossed out, meaning someone selected him as a kepper :pound:
    This forum and its love for certain players is something really special; I wished Rodney White and others were still in the league

12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i couldn't make the draft and i was so late with everything i never got to set up an auto-draft either. i think my team is okay but could've been better.

13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I struggled with franchising KG. I know he is getting old and slowing down, but he still fills up a stat sheet and keeping Hawes or Marc Gasol over him just didn't seem like a good idea because those guy's are not going to be top 30 players this year.

I thought that Granger would be franchised at the last minute. He was a scoring machine last season. I saw that Darko was kept over Granger.
    Oh well. I am very happy to get that gift. Every league has to have a Clippers mangement team. :MusicBigGrin:

14. webz

Yep, and another reason why the consolation bracket worked. You won the consolation bracket last season and were rewarded with the number 1 pick. I'm sure we'd all be a little more dirty had someone gotten Granger through tanking. :gun1:

15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Hopefully my whole team won't go on injured reserve like last year. Lossing KG, Redd, Gerald Wallace, and Kaman was just too much.

16. webz

Horford off to a great start. Roscoe the genius! :hoops:

17. roscoe36

I gotta say, I am a genius. :rofl:

18. roscoe36

Not looking too smart dropping Bargs though. :(

19. roscoe36

Picking up David Lee (again) in the draft was a super good move.

I've picked up Danilo and Ben in FA so far, and both have been solid. A couple more moves, and I feel like a top playoff berth is in the cards!

20. BillLaimbeer

Picking up Antawn Jamison and Kevin Love have really shored up my team. Both guys are injured right now, but they will be back shortly with Jamison stepping right into my starting lineup. With weekly lineup changes, you can afford to have a couple of injured guys on the roster.

Rascoe, did I tell you that I also picked up Brandon Jennings? He went from 19% owned to 53% owned in one week.