PF Fantasy 2006 Exit Interviews

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Re: Novice League Banter

While its still relatively fresh in our minds, I'd like to ask what GM's thought worked out really well and what might be improved on next time. General comments please. We don't need to give the commish any more grief.
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Next year maybe we could have a live draft.
  3. max

max All-Star

We tried to coordinate a live draft but it found in too difficult to agree on a time.

My only suggestion is for members to aknowledge that you do not agree to a trade proposal by sending a reply. Otherwise the proposer is left hanging.
  4. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I agree, live draft. The people who can't be there to draft live can still pre-rank their players and the system auto-drafts for them based on their rankings, just like it does when you don't do a live draft. It's not like they have no control at all. We'd just have to set the date and time like a week in advance, if that's possible, and say "Here it is. Make sure you rank the players you want."

My fantasy Hockey draft started 30 minutes sooner than it was supposed to, and I logged in to discover I had already drafted Datsyuk and Zetterberg, luckily. Only because I was messing around with the ranking system the night before.

Also, I don't think we need to all agree on a trade if 2 guys agree to do it. And I, personally, don't need e-mail notice of every trade that goes on, it filled my inbox up with stuff I didn't need.

Now, I know I finished, what dead last? But I still paid attention and kept my lines up to date, so don't discount my input.
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I cant believe all you auto-draft haters. I mean how else are you going to get a team that sports 5 centers and 1 shooting guard? :P

I am sort of against live draft but I think next time around we should try it.
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If we make it on a weekend many people could manage to do there drafts. Maybe not on a sunday, but on a saturday or late friday when people are home we could do the draft, and yet again if they can't they can always fall back on prerankings.
  7. max

max All-Star

For all the time we spend on the net you would think we could find a date and time.

Lets try a little harder next time? Otherwise like Slippy said we will get stuck with mutliple positions

Super - I only meant when someone sends you a trade proposal. You have to take action anyway to decline the trade. Just type in "no" before clicking Decline.

At least I did not get notified on trade declines unless the guy type in some text - anyone else? I mean it leaves you hanging. I want to know if a trade proposal I made was declined so I can move on.
  8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

We did a live draft in the advanced league and it was a blast. I think it will be even more enjoyable next year since we have all grown to love/hate eachother around here. :)
  9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed Mo. That was my first ever live draft and I loved it! Since then I've been involved in 3 others. I think I'm addicted.
  10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I feel your pain about guys leaving a trade hanging. Especially when your thinking of several other potential moves which all depend on if the 1st trade offer is accepted or declined.

If you're in a big time pinch to get an answer, you can go to your team page and if the trade offer doesn't appear at the top of the page, it means its been declined without comment.
  11. max

max All-Star

Jamm - I do not believe I had a singly player from my initial draft still on the team at the end. There were a lot of deals going on in our league. Partly due to getting double and trippled up at some position in the computer draft and also becuase it was something new and fun. It was fun negotiating trades.

Pastor Flourney - If your still out here. Remember that sequence we had during the Lebran/Allen-AI/Okur deal? That one went back and forth for a few days. All kinds of counter proposals.