PF Piston Pieces 9/15/09

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 15, 2009.

1. G-man

G-man Starter

26 Year Old Non-Athlete Calls Out Ben Wallace
    Steve Harnden Bleacher Report

"In a surprising development, a 26 year old Graphic and Web Designer from Lombard, Illinois has called out Ben Wallace, who recently rejoined the Detroit Pistons.

"I've always said I could score on Ben Wallace in a game of 1-on-1," said Steve Harnden. "However, this was during his heyday and when I was 21. Now that I'm 26, and in my prime, and his talent is dwindling, I actually believe it."

Wallace has seen his minutes and production drop significantly since signing a free agent deal with the Chicago Bulls before the 2006-07 NBA season."

26 Year Old Non-Athlete Calls Out Ben Wallace | Bleacher Report

It's The Economy, Stupid! Or Why Iverson Didn't Prosper in Detroit
    Eric Lee Smith Three Shades Of Blue

"Therefore, the first option hinges entirely on Detroit mimicking Iverson’s far more positive experiences in Philadelphia in Denver. In each place, he had a dominant shot-blocker behind him, which is utterly crucial because Iverson’s defense is at its best when he’s gambling for steals. More bluntly, having a shot-blocker turns Iverson from a subpar defender into a disruptive force.

In Philadelphia, Iverson had Theo Ratliff and then Dikembe Mutombo. In Denver, he had Marcus Camby. In Detroit, there was no such player. Had there been one, the team probably wouldn’t have bothered trading Billups, so Iverson couldn’t have possibly found a good place in Detroit."

It's The Economy, Stupid! Or Why Iverson Didn't Prosper in Detroit | 3 Shades of Blue

Iversons Sour Grapes
    Matt Watson Detroit Bad Boys

"Curry continued to bend over backwards to appease Iverson (often at the expense of long-time Pistons) the rest of the season, trying ridiculous lineups that featured tooth-pick thin Tayshaun Prince at power forward and Rip Hamilton at the three — and when that didn’t work, shoving Hamilton, the team’s leading scorer from the day he arrived in 2002, to the bench. When was eventually moved to the bench, the team never called him out when he had a hissy fit and sat out the rest of the season, never questioned the severity of his “back injury,” even as he ignored the advice of the team’s own medical staff, renowned as one of the best in the league.

And Iverson is the one who felt cheated? How about the rest of the team, who watched the front office position Iverson into the spotlight while showing little regard for those who came before? How about the fans who bought into the hype early in the season, picking up ticket packages with the expectation they’d see a Hall of Fame talent put everything on the line in pursuit of a championship?"

Iverson’s sour grapes | Detroit Bad Boys

Gordon Seals His Deal In GB Future
    Sammy Nanneh for gbbasketball

"Ben Gordon of the Detroit Pistons says he is now sure he will represent Great Britain in future, despite missing this month’s European Championships in Poland. His withdrawal from EuroBasket was a major blow, but to some degree understandable following a multi-million dollar move from Chicago to the Detroit Pistons.

“I’m definitely on board to play for Great Britain, this summer to me was about getting situated and moving from Chicago to Detroit,” said Gordon.

“I didn’t want to make a commitment as far as when I was going to play until I felt I was totally committed to that cause. “I wanted to have everything in order in my life before going overseas and representing the country”

“If you look at our roster, you see that could potentially have two NBA All-Stars and another NBA player in myself Pops Mensah-Bonsu ”

Gordon seals his deal in GB future | gbbasketball.net
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Those lineups couldn't be that ridiculous because they seemed to have gone out of their way to try it again.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The top 10 rebounders of the last decade - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I wouldn't count on Rip finishing his career as a Piston.

But the time to spend that chip is not now. Not until Joe knows what he has with Kwambo and Wilcox, Villanueva, Daye etc. This is not a season we can expect a run from, so there is no urgency to negotiate from a position of weakness.
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

yeah, JD wants to see how things develope before jumping to guns. there are plenty of time til trade teadline...

i'm positive. Everyone has a chance in this team but nothing is granted. Therefore it is reasonable to expect sense of competition. Maybe Tay has no pressure but after this season he will play his contract year..
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

No...that was just a vain attempt at hoping for some magic that would make them seem not so ridiculous.

you know the old adage, screw up once, it's a mistake. intentionally do it twice more and it's a personal styling.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's like when a golfer whiffs, but then tacks on another practice swing to make the first one look intentional.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or you trip on the sidewalk and pretend you were actually just starting to jog.:MusicBigGrin: