Away Philadelphia 76ers Friday, January 10, 2014

Discussion in 'January 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@ Philadelphia 76ers

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 7:00 PM Eastern

Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This is the game we will all remember as the turning point of the season. Pistons win on the road a highly competitive game with the score close beginning to end, thanks to their sound effort in the 4th quarter.

This will be the first win in the longest winning streak of the 2013-14 season. Pistons by 3.

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

This will be the game that robs us of our pick.

Pistons by 14.

roscoe36, linwood and Walter like this.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Philly will hit their season high for points in a quarter.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have my usual good feeling about this game. Pistons by a bunch.

6. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Must Win

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice positive optimistic vibes here....

Should I take the wife out on our movie date or watch this one live? I do not go back and review the DVR on Piston losses....

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I stopped dvring games. I just catch the replays later in the night if I'm bored.

9. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

I'm with you LA Dre. Thinking movie date night with the lady has a better chance at a happy ending than the pistons game.

The Panda likes this.
  10. LA Dre

Depending on where I am, I can watch the game on my smart phone, but then I got a notice that I was approaching my limit on my data charges, via the mobile network, so had to cut that out and just check the scores.

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Movie night for sure. They need to win more than 1 win to get this stench off of them.

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

But Dre, isn't every night movie night with y'all?

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  13. LA Dre

Yeah.... I saw "Her" last night....:lame:.I will give my review later this weekend.

14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

3pt Piston lead going into the HUGE 4th quarter. We're going to destroy Philly in the next 12 minutes!

linwood likes this.
  15. LA Dre

Pistons get their first win of the year, or their first since the Brandon Jennings haircut. Also first time the Pistons had hit the century mark since before the haircut. .... :whoo:

The big third quarter and the 3 pt lead carried over (now 14-5 when leading after 3) as BJ came in and tossed in 3 threes to get the team going and Will Bynum ...our new second half closer played the last 19 and half minutes of the game and controlled the tempo to finish with 16 pts and 3 assists. Give credit to Singler too and for first time in awhile Mo who knew when to sub this time. A couple of us winced when he brought in Bynum to replace KCP 4 minutes into the third. The small worked!!!! May have been Mo's best move in weeks.

Jennings who was held to 1pt and 1 assist in the first half finished with 19 and 6. All of the bigs got double-doubles and both Singler and Bynum finished 2 boards each of having five players turn the the trick. They were both 16-3-8....

The Pistons still missed 10 FT, but hit 9 of their last 10 in crunch time to seal the deal

Although they gave up 104 points, the defense really stepped up to hold the we-ain't-tanking sixers to 41 in the second half....including 14 blocks.

Even the league's worst 3 pt shooting team woke up to 37% shooting with 11/30 shooting.

We are back in 8th spot for at least 30 more minutes....just need the Wade-less Heat to comeback and beat the Nets in the Nick-Name game on ESPN.

I figured when I saw AI in the house we had this one....:rockon:
    And I saw it live instead of taking out the old ball and chain.:ballchain:

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I saw some improvement in the coaching in this one. When Bynum came in, Pope stayed in, giving Bynum an actual shooting guard in the game. This was repeated both halves, to good effect. Also, the first front line guy to sit, when Singler came in, was Monroe, which makes at least a bit more sense than him trying to replace Drummond with Singler when we were already having problems on D.

Neither Bynum nor Singler are any good at D, but in this game, they both had very good stat lines, plus they actually did also rest other players while in. (Bynums, as has been played, was not actually resting anyone since he was always playing along side a 2nd point guard, so really not doing anything.) To be more specific, Singler gave up around 20 very easy points to Philly in this one, but hey, if he is in or out of the game, Philly can score points. At least he was scoring and making some other plays too on the offensive end. Still do not like him in the game, as I believe we can find somewhere a guy who can be useful on both ends of the floor. To any who do not know what I am talking about on Singler's poor D, basically, Philly was scoring at the hoop, right over Singler, who was standing there helpless, and that repeated over and over. (plus a few other things here and there concering rebounds missed and not keeping up with players.)

The rest seemed to do Jennings good, because he did every good thing he did in the 2nd half. Note, our best run was by our starters, going on a 12-0 run early 3rd to tie the game before any bench player came in. (Which begs the question did we really need our bench players that much vs. just getting our starters playing together better.)

Outside of some minutes for Billups in the first half, we pretty much just played a 7 man rotation. Stuckey got in for just a few minutes, and by the way, I do not trust this coach that much and fully expect that as soon as Stuckey is healthy we will never see Pope again in the 2nd unit as the shooting guard.

Pope did some nice scoring in this one and as always played solid D.

All three front line players got double doubles and both Bynum and Singler were near double double territory themselves. Smith had the most impressive line of them all though with lots of blocks and assists too. AND 4 steals to boot. In all, we outrebounded Philly by 20 and that overcame a ton of ills. 25 O boards.

Well, we beat a struggling team. Tomorrow night, with Phoenix, we will face one that is not struggling. But one that we match up well with, and should be able to overpower inside. I predict tonight was the start of a win streak.

The Panda likes this.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Thanks Lee, I hadn't realized that Pope got his minutes at Stuckey's expense. He played great tonight.

Billups played well also.

Last 2 out of 3 games Bynum has been good. (He seems like Bob Cousy next to Jennings.)

Breaking up the Big 3 seemed to work even though I don't like it. They looked good when they played Pope and Singler together.

Once in awhile the pieces come together.

18. roscoe36

He was plus 14.

Bynum was +20. I am sure it is just a coincidence.

19. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Those stats mean nothing Roscoe. I bet you havent watched the game multiple times so you didnt notice the negatiove impact of Singler's defence. (thought i beat Lee to it in answering this silly remark.....)

20. roscoe36

I like how for Singler and Bynum, +/- is not correlated with performance, but with other players like Pope, it is.

The Panda and Pwn Toney like this.