Away Philadelphia 76ers Saturday, March 29, 2014

Discussion in 'March 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If we lose this one, it's probably time for Joe to consider firing Loyer.

2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

This is going to be a good one.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Brandon Jennings decided he didn't want to be part of the embarrassment if the Pistons lose and got thrown out of the game.... Pistons down 11 points in the first....to a bunch of D leaguers

4. LA Dre

Pistons are down 19 at the half to a team that has been beaten every which way but loose 26 straight times..... and the Pistons aren't tanking, they are just Bad.

Sixers 70- Pistons 51...........

5. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I can barely watch.......

6. LA Dre

For those not watching ....good for you......Pistons down 30 at the end of 3...98-68....

7. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

8. LA Dre

twelve days ago I predicted something out of the ordinary would happen....and it did, the Susan Lucci streak is finally over and the Sixers win this one almost wire to wire and at the half there was never any doubt in my mind that the Pistons would ever catch up. They lose by 25 ......

The only thing worst than the Pistons defense was Greg Kelsers' scraggly voice.

Blame it on Brando Jennings selfishness of getting thrown out. After he left, the Pistons took awhile get situated and it never happen. D league stars I never heard of like Elliott Williams, Hollis Thompson and Henry Sims combined for 43 points....while Bynum, Stuckey and SMith were a combined 7-30 shooting.

Next loss...Monday to the league worst Bucs..

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    brofmfa and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Kyle Singler was minus 21 in his 25 minutes.

If Kyle was not in the game, our horrible bench was, featuring Bynum handing the ball over to the other team repeatedly, Stuckey trying valiently but being hopelessly out of position at shooting guard, Pope scoring well but being hopelessly out of position defensively as the small forward, JJ hustling well but being a very poor excuse as a totally out of position power forward.

Monroe had a 20 - 10 game, but he was often surrounded by mediocrity in the form of either of Singler or Pope at small forward, neither of which can play the position, and JJ playing out of position at power forward.

The coach did empty the bench quicker in GT. Never the slightest attempt at fixing anything while the game was fixable. Never any sign at all that the coach wanted us to win the game. And I can tell you already, next game, nothing will change. Anything that possibly could produce a win will be avoided for sure, probably on orders from the owner. Who should sell the team to someone who believes, not just talks about, winning.

Silly for Jennings to get tossed. Smith seemed to want to follow suit.

In this game, even with Jennings getting tossed, we had the players to easily beat Philly. We just had to follow simple little rules, like playing people in their positions that they excel at.

Hey, we need Jennings to bring the ball up. If he gets tossed, either go to Stuckey, or Siva. Bynum by no means should be on the team And how much should Stuckey play shooting guard: NEVER. Not under any circumstances.

Pope could have started at shooting guard, like he did most of the season. Back when we had at least a chance to win a game.

JJ did not play any small forward in this game. He should have been the only backup at that position in this game.

Mitchell would be the ideal guy for this game to bring in as a backup to Drummond or Monroe when they sit.

And Philly would not have been able to compete with us.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Can't believe we not only lost, but were dominated by guys on 10-day contacts razzle dazzling all night long.

Btw, the best thing about Josh Smith is his ability to single handedly stop another team's fast break. They just underestimate his length and hops every time. Some of the fast break sequences were comical.

Smart of the coach to keep villanueva off the court at this point.

11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Gotta be the season's low point.

Nemo likes this.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Feels rock bottom ish.

13. LA Dre

Kinda figured the way they played last night that they would probably lay an egg tonight. If they can't beat a bunch of no names like the sixers, they would probably have a hard time beating an all star line up of the current Spartans and Wolverines.

At this point, I am thinking that Mo would have squeezed at least 5 more W's out of this group than Loyer has.

Nemo likes this.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Cheeks' firing and the decision to roll with the assistants is where the tanking actually happened. If you want to make the playoffs, you probably get a coach.

Nemo likes this.
  15. LA Dre

Wonder what the mood was on the plane ride home.......who was blaming whom....and if anybody really cared that they had gotten beaten by a team that hadn't won a game in two months..

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Season?

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Things I heard the Philly announcers say:

The Sixers scored their season high for first quarter points.

The Sixers had their largest lead of their losing streak. (It was only 17 at that point.

The Sixers scored their season high for the half. (71 pts)

Philly set their season high for a game.

I'd never heard of 3/4 of the guys the 76'ers played.

I couldn't believe how bad Philly was the first 2 minutes of the game. 3 minutes later I realized the Pistons were just as bad.

Tony Mitchell was plus for the game. I don't know how much more proof Loyer needs before he stops playing Singler.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Whatever happened to Jorts anyway? I thought he was surprisingly decent. Was he Cheeks' guy only?

It stinks when your assistant head coach doesn't have the self confidence to unleash the deep bench. He's waiting way too long. Arguably, we should be testing the heck out of these guys during meaningful parts of games so that we know what we have.

But with Jorts, he should be in the rotation since he plays smart and has legit range.

19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I don't follow the Pistons or anything NBA related. But I DO follow the Eagles ( and Phillies a bit) and in doing so I listen to the Philadelphia sports station quite frequently. So I can't help but listen to news of the Sixers and how terrible they are.

The station has been adding up the consecutive losses and I got the distinct feeling they wanted the team to break the record for all time losses for a professional sports team. For the last couple of weeks I constantly heard that I IF the Sixers were going to win a game it would be against the Pistons. And today it actually happened. The reports of the game kept coming through. Ten point lead. Twenty. Thirty. The sports casters were bummed.

Disgraceful. I hope they improve for you guys but it looks like they won't even get a high draft choice next season. Sad. I became a huge fan back in the Vitale days. I think they won about 19 games that year. But I don't remember anything quite like this. At least the Sixers are TRYING to win.

20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'd like to say the 76ers just got taught a lesson in tanking but it looked more like we outsucked them. I was laughing like a madman during the first half when guy after guy I never heard of scored at will.

I'm still ecstatic over the loss though. If we put on a show like this against the Bucks we are in great shape.

linwood likes this.