Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

The professor...........
  2. Nemo

I just worry that Marty will still be there to coach him..........
  3. Nemo

Already thinking about next season and how the Eagles and Lions will pan out.

Eagles may have some competition right in their own division.
    The Cowboys showed glimmer of greatness, but never took that step this past season.
    The G-Men are still in the playoffs, as they try to prove they're worthy contenders.
    The eagles have talent, but have...or will they iron out other issues, or will they be haunted again.

First prediction for the NFC East...........All three of these teams may make the Playoffs.........

Giants........11-5
    Eagles........10-6
    Cowboys....10-6

Lions look to get Leshoure back and a healthy Jahvid Best.
    Packers should lose a bevy of coaches to other teams..........
    Bears now on a downward spiral as a new GM may hire a new coach..........

Lions for the first time in a long time..........won all the games they were supposed to win.
    In 2012, they become more competitive against other great teams.
    Packers reel a little bit........due to unexpected loss against the 49ers.
    Bears still unable to fine elite WR for their hard luck QB........Defense just gets older.

First Prediction for the NFC Central.........1 or 2 teams make the playoffs.

Lions...............12-4
    Packers...........10-6
    Bears................8-8
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

My guesses. ^^^^

Eagles record contingent upon healthy Vick and coaching changes. if things go right, they gonna be goooood.

Agree. Cowboys are going to do well. But no depth, IMO, so hopefully they continue to mess up. I think a coaching change is in order, too.

Giants just got hot. Yeah, they've advanced. But the 15-1 Packers have not. the playoffs are a joke. It only determines who is the best team in a given couple of weeks.

Lions. I would say 12 wins, but injuries always seem to get them.With healthy running backs and rest of team, they will be scary.

Packers. Same as kitties. Hopefully, Lions win tiebreaker.

Bears. .500 seems about right.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Forget Best, he'll last 3 games. [loss of id]
  6. Nemo

7. Darth Tater

Two guys from Boise State, one guy from Meechigan, and Kirk Cousins listed among the Five (5) guys with rising stock (Praying the Eagles take Cousins...I keep seeing hints but it is probably just a smoke screen).

Tony Pauline, NFL Draft analyst for SportsIllustrated.com, reports from the Senior Bowl exclusively for PhiladelphiaEagles.com ...
    Mobile, Alabama - Practice for the North

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...ce-Notes/1408121d-fb5e-461d-969a-be1ab116706e

Of the two guys with dropping stock, he rips Kellen Moore (Boise State quarterback)...3rd stringer at best. :toilet: (Nothing personal against Moore, seems like a decent kid who did very well, but all time leading college passer...give me a break...WHATEVER! :biggrin: Big fish in a small pond.
  8. Nemo

Martin from Michigan will go in an earlier round, so you could get LUCKY and get both Martin and Cousins..........................
  9. Darth Tater

The last guy we got from Michigan...the guy we moved up a few spots for in the 1st round...isn't too good. (Brandon Graham)
  10. Nemo

He had a stellar college career, but has truly been so-so with the Eagles. Eagles moved up a signifigant number of picks to nab him. He's been a let-down IMHO as far as his pro career is concerned. This shouldn't stop the Eagles from taking another Wolverine, if he fits the bill...............
  11. Darth Tater

In fairness to him, he suffered a major injury two seasons ago. But it seems like I've heard whispers of work ethic issues?

They already have around 3 Wolverines. That's 3 too many, if you ask me.
  12. Nemo

Not good............at UM, he was praised for his non stop motor.......
  13. Darth Tater

@nemo

I know how you feel about reading Dave Spadaro (from our brief discussion recently in the Lion's thread). Not too long ago I felt the same way, although now I hold a better opinion of him. (Not "good", but "better"). I'll give him a 3.5 out of 10.

Anyhow,

Here is more of the Brandon Graham stuff ("hints") that I read less than an hour ago.

• Brandon Graham[​IMG] understands. He gets it. And I think he is doing something about it. The soon-to-be third-year defensive end is in the weight room already and he is saying and doing all the right things to blossom in 2012. Graham knows that he will be forever compared to New York's Jason Pierre-Paul, a Pro Bowl end who is a dominating player. Graham has plenty of motivation to be the best he can be and it is good to see him in the weight room.
    Spadaro is a company man and the Eagle's mouthpiece. He says what they want him to say, even if they want him to chastise the team or individuals He never says anything too negative about players and staff CURRENTLY on the team at the time he says the stuff, but with him you have to read between the lines. If you are somewhat familiar with Spadaro and know what he's been saying all along about Graham, then you know that he is saying, "Graham did NOT get "it" earlier, and was NOT hitting the weight room.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-I-Think/7abfbb93-a3cc-45b0-aeb7-5f75c8056778

At any rate, I hope Graahm really does turn out to be the very good player he is supposed to be. The eagles invested a lot in him.
  14. Darth Tater

Where does my sudden love for Cousins originate?

Don't ask, but I have been looking for articles that say there is hope that the Eagles might draft him, some articles that talk about how well he did at the Senior Bowl and how his overall stock is rising.

I'm starting to wonder if one of their two 2nd round choices (14th & 19th) are even going to be high enough should they decide to use one of them if they even WANT to draft him.

The Eagles are great at stock piling picks. They always seem to have significantly more than other teams. This year they have ten (10). But they waste a whole bunch of them so what good are they?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/01/quarterback_kirk_cousins_among.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Could-Eagles-be-thinking-QB-in-draft.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-round-philadelphia-eagles-predictions/page/5

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012QB.php

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...elphia-eagles-full-7-round-predictions/page/8

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_QB

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2012/01/mel_kiper_on_kirk_cousins_nfl.html

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2011/4/30/2146477/eagles-2012-draft-picks

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...expect-at-least-3-senior-bowl-players-drafted

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ior-bowl-prospects-eagles-could-target/page/5
  15. Nemo

If Cousins went to New England........they would be grooming him to replace Brady.
    He'd spend 4 years as Brady's backup, then take over the reigns...............

The Philly quagmire is not a good spot for him. Bad environment for a rookie.
    Looks like Marty Mornhinweg is coming back....Cousins should stay away then.......
  16. Darth Tater

Yeah, too all you mentioned. But I'm still hoping it happens. He would handle it, I think. He's a tough kid. They would be like me (although he has no clue nor would he care what I felt). They would be all on him, but eventually come around...4 years later. :MusicBigGrin:

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Dallas or New England drafted him. :deathstar1: One of the articles says 6 teams talked to him. They weren't mentioned (nor was Philly...or Detroit), but that doesn't mean a thing.

Philly does the unexpected. Every time. All I know for sure is that they won't take a kicker.
  17. Darth Tater

Nike reveals new team cleats and gloves. The cleats almost look like race cars to me. The Eagles and Lions stuff looks pretty cool. I like the silver on the Eagle's cleats. I can't wait until the new jerseys are unveiled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

19. Darth Tater

20. Nemo

Link led me to an Eagle's fan page instead of the odds page.........

Anyways....Lions are tied for 10th with five other teams at 20 to 1 odds. Considering that we probably were the 10th best team in the playoffs this year, that's a downgrade. others at 20 to 1 include Atlanta, San Francisco, the Jets, and Dallas.......

I figure since the Eagles didn't make any coaching changes........the odds are closer to 30 to 1.........:)