Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Thanks nemo, here is the correct link.

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_futures_odds.shtml

I think the Eagles have a great shot, but no need to give them any official respect until/unless they earn it.

Coaching needs to be better. Payers need to play and quit looking at themselves in the mirror and whining it should have been them winning it all this year.
  2. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Agreed......they've got the talent, but I think Andy Reid is past his prime. He looks tired and worn of the yearly grind. He should take a year off. Marty M. may have been considered for head coaching positions, but I think the Offense had just as many quirks as the defense this past season. He's likely not be the answer. The defensive guru did finish the season with respectable #s on defense, but allowed too many comebacks....and playing well when it's too late is all too familiar.........here....we call it garbage time.

I like the NFC east for next season. The worst team over there could finish as high as 8-8. I'm gonna make an early prediction for the finish over there....

Dallas 12 - 4
    Eagles 10 - 6
    Giants 9 - 7
    Skins 8 - 8
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Isn't it about time for BDL and BillLaimbeer to wreck this thread again? We need some drama between the losses.
    Nemo likes this.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Here's another picture of a pheasant...

[​IMG]
    linwood likes this.
  5. Nemo

Hopefully.........somebody explains this to me. Doesn't look like an eagle, giant, or lion..........:)

no words in this copy of your post.........
    Cool.........you snuck in the words.........I'd have done the same thing. :)
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Here's a picture of a soap dish...

[​IMG]
  7. Darth Tater

Oh Lord...Not again...:smash::frusty::burp:
  8. Nemo

Nah........they wouldn't strike til the pre-season anyways.
    ...or when Rascoe is having noodles out at his favorite spot.
  9. Darth Tater

I'm going to set much of the background for my question in this thread, but I will ask it in the Lions thread. I figure more people will see it that way, although THIS thread DOES seem to get it's fair share of views. Maybe it is because people like that this thread contains pictures of pin up girls...or soap dishes. Who knows? To each his own.

Anyhow, Vick is the #1. But he is fragile and not as ancient as Woody but no spring chicken either. The Eagles bosses are very ticked that he doesn't learn to slide. Too expensive and valuable to sit on the bench banged up.

The #2 is veteran Vince Young. Vince Young will be gone. It's no secret. Bad start with the Dream Team comment the minute he was signed (although something like that would have developed anyhow). He had his chances to start this year for an injured Vick and he sucked. The Eagles don't

The #3 is Mike Kafka. He is in his 2nd season. I'm not sure why they even drafted him. He is a good kid. Smart (Northwestern). But he wasn't even the quarterback for a lot of his college years. They like him but everyone knows he isn't the "quarterback of the future". They've all but said as much. Plus when Vick went down they played Young. Not Kafka. he played a portion of one game and looked pretty good but then sucked in the next game. Game over.

The #1 Vick will remain here as the #1. No brainer.

The Eagles have already worked out Bills ex-quarterback Trent Edwards. He will be the #2 veteran presence as Vick insurance. But he was out of football last season for a reason. He is a backup for next year.

That leaves the #3. This is where they draft a kid in 2012. Who?

They draft 15th.

So they don't get Andrew Luck from the Colts(likely number one overall pick).

They don't get Griffin either (although they have a slight CHANCE to move up to the #3 with a trade, but it will cost them a BIG).

So who do they draft as their quarterback of the future?

Enter the Detroit Lions (continued in the Lions Thread if you're curious). Go on...if you read this far...you know you wanna...:biggrin:
  10. Nemo

They could snag Griffin if they trade up a few at the right time...

I think Griffin will go later than people think....
  11. Darth Tater

How late is later? I don't see him dropping past #6 (Washington).
  12. Nemo

Maybe as late as 21st..........
  13. Darth Tater

No way, you nutty smelt eater!!! Not even close. You are totally off your rocker!!!!!!!!! I would switch my team back to the Lions before that happens. I would join you on the Coalition team before that happens!!! Rascoe would wear a negligee before that hap...Well, anyhow. it ain't gonna happen!
  14. Nemo

All I'm doing is predicting here......I'm actually pretty good at that.
    I predicted the Eagles at 9-7 last season. Laimbeer had them at 12-4. You started at 11-5.

Anyways.......If you were to open a bakery. You'd name it the Pie Curious
  15. Darth Tater

You actually were pretty close on the 2011 Spartans football team too. Not sure which one of us were closer on the Wolverines.

But irregardless, ( I always hate using that word because I always think somebody is going to have an English grammar hissy fit over it, and somebody really did not long ago when somebody else here used the non-word "irregardless") we are talking draft here and I don't know that you can predict that any better than anyone else here. In fact, it is now clear that you definitely CANNOT! :cheeky-smiley-012:

Wiggles is expected to return from his sabatical in a couple of weeks and he will end any doubt about this matter.

Bottom line is, like I said in the first place. YOU ARE TOTALLY OFF YOUR ROCKER!!! You are an odd fish. (Oh, and notice the last four words of the definition). :MusicBigGrin:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/odd fish

Noun 1.
    odd fish - someone regarded as eccentric or crazy and standing out from a group.
  16. Nemo

Our best current player, GM was drafted by Joe Dumars recently.

I made that correct prediction? months before the draft........go back and check.......
  17. Nemo

18. Darth Tater

It doesn't matter what Samuel wants. Philadelphia will NOT keep 3 stud corner backs. It did not work out and they were all confused and unhappy. One needs to go. It will be Samuel due to his contract and age.

Yeah, the Lions probably don't want him. I'm pretty sure Philadelphia won't need to trade with them anyhow.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They need to release him outright. True they may have too much invested in DBs but with slot WRs all the rage they should find a way to keep him.
  20. Darth Tater

It's just causing confusion and distractions. But there IS a possibility the Rogers-Cromartie is gone instead or that all three (3) could stay. But they've been down that road before (last season) and it spelled disaster. The smart money says they move one.