1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Clearly the JISO, so the best way to quickly improve the team is defensive cohesion.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My sources say the Eagles will most likely use their franchise tag on DeSean Jackson. They will not let him venture into the open market.

4. Darth Tater

5. Darth Tater

Notice the "Late Round Sleepers" below for the Eagles.

I hear those of you that say that the birds will NOT draft a quarterback, but there are several reasons I DO think they WILL draft a quarterback.

All year you heard whispers from the organization that Kafka will NOT be their man. Reid didn't show confidence in him last season when Vick was hurt. Instead, they played a worthless Vince Young. Young will be history and they will replace him with a veteran. David Garrard? That Buffalo guy Trent (Edwards?) something. They need a #3 to take Kafkas spot and be their QB of the future.

The organization always does the unexpected in drafts. They have gone very quiet on the subject of quarterbacks, and all the whispers have stopped. That is the one position other than kickers that the Eagles home page says nothing about. Is it true? I doubt it. They NEVER address it. BINGO. They will draft a quarterback...in the 2nd roud i think.

Who?

Weedon is 28. If the future is NOW, maybe. I hope they think longer term.

Osweiller? Big guy. Within reach. Maybe.

Foles? Several people think so.

Tannehill?

Boise state's Kellen Moore?? Winningest college QB ever. Oh, Lord. No. Please.

Cousins? Yep. I really think so. I can see him standing there next to Reid on the sideline. He's a good boy, but Reid could use a change of pace. Probably just wishful thinking. The mouth piece has kind of made some subtle remarks. Compliments.Almost offhandedly about Cousins a couple times. Please let it be so.

Predictions. Bold or maybe not so bold:

1. Eagles draft a quarterback. (Slightly bold)

2. Early...say 2nd round. (even bolder)

3. That quarterback is Cousins...OK...that one is maybe out there. (Extremely bold)

4. Irregardless, (In italics for the dictionary police) Cousins goes in the 2nd round but not later than the 3rd. (2nd round is rather bold, I would say).

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/36451/nfc-east-combine-primer

Philadelphia Eagles

[​IMG]Biggest need: The Eagles need linebackers — at least two of them. The issue is whether there is value at that position in the first round. If Boston College's Luke Kuechly is still there at No. 15, it would make a ton of sense for the Eagles to take him. But Andy Reid's draft history doesn't indicate that he likes taking linebackers that high. In spite of their disappointing 2011 season, the Eagles don't look, on paper, like a team with a lot of obvious needs. If they don't take a linebacker at 15, I'd expect them to either move down or pick a big defensive tackle such as Fletcher Cox, Devon Still or Dontari Poe. And if DeSean Jackson is traded or leaves via free agency, they could target a wide receiver such as Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright.

Interview targets: All of those names above, but I'm going to throw the two cornerbacks in here as well — Kirkpatrick and Jenkins. The Eagles obviously love to stock up on cornerbacks, and if they trade Asante Samuel for salary/overcrowding reasons, it's not crazy to imagine them deciding one of those corners has too much value to pass up. As for their troubled pasts... hey, this is Andy Reid we're talking about here.

Later-round sleepers: Michael Vick's not going to be around forever, so don't be surprised to see the Eagles spend an early-round or mid-round pick on a quarterback such as Osweiler or Nick Foles. But those guys aren't really sleepers, because you've heard of them. Nebraska's Lavonte David is a well-regarded, if undersized, linebacker prospect. At wide receiver, remember the name Tim Benford from Tennessee Tech.

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Eagle's biggest need is to draft some new coaches.

Darth Tater likes this.
  7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I can not WAIT for Kellen Moore to be the Eagles newest QB.

Darth Tater likes this.
  8. Nemo

He'd be a good choice, but Darth does have predjudice against players from mid-major status.
    I believe coach Marty Morninhwig calls Darth for advice.

Darth Tater likes this.
  9. Darth Tater

1. I'm sorry. Kellen Moore is a very good quarterback. But he had all day to throw the ball against greatly inferior defenses. Boise State is definitely a very good team. They beat up on scrubs all year. I would have liked to have seen them play Michigan State's schedule and see how high they are rated.

2012 wish list.

A. Beat Boise State.
    B. Beat Michigan.

I'm not confident they can do either.

2. Nice shot. Direct hit on Marty. :6shoot:

10. Darth Tater

C.J., you know...sometimes...I just wanna...:starwars:

11. Darth Tater

Maybe you're right. I don't know what to think any more. This could mean a lot of things.

"We're going to find out. The Eagles have their threesome at quarterback, the trio they will look to develop and improve individually and as a group in 2012. Will they add a fourth arm for training camp? Maybe. Will they use a high draft pick on a quarterback? Doubt that one, unless somebody they love falls into their laps. Another veteran in free agency? Highly unlikely."

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...r-Eagles/1a9c694d-76e6-4ce0-9eb7-dff236792dd4

12. Nemo

Trent Edwards is not a good pick up for the Eagles.
    I wonder what they were thinking with this one.
    They'll make him #2.........which is a good description of his career so far.

13. Darth Tater

Well, he was a hot shot out of college. They said he had lousy offensive lines on the Bills and college and he got beat up a lot.

I said earlier they were going after him. I was wondering the same aout the pick up. He's been out of football a year. Toughness questionable. But this is why I think they will draft a quarterback. I'm hoping it's Foles in my head and Cousins in my heart.

Anyhow, maybe they finally figured it out a little? It shows the don't trust Kafka.

14. Darth Tater

Probably nothing. But you never know.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Former Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III announced something that was a little bit more surprising than the fact that he was wearing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle socks. Griffin told the reporters in the media lounge at the Scouting Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium on Friday that he met with the Eagles on Thursday night.
    The Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback is in contention to be the No. 1 overall pick, which is held by the Colts. If Griffin is not selected No. 1, he is expected to be picked No. 2 with teams possibly moving up to obtain that pick. The St. Louis Rams, who have a franchise quarterback in Sam Bradford, hold the No. 2 spot.

The Eagles have the No. 15 overall pick and already have a franchise quarterback of their own in Michael Vick[​IMG]. General manager Howie Roseman spoke excitedly on Thursday about the chance to have Vick for a full offseason as the starting quarterback, something he has yet to have with the Eagles. Roseman also explained that the Eagles want to operate in the draft as if they are a franchise team, building from scratch. If the Eagles believe Griffin is one of the elite players in the draft, it only makes sense that the team does its homework.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-Combine/88a3389c-f407-49a5-bff9-edbd88533b0f

15. Darth Tater

16. Nemo

I plan on saving that draft chart for next season's fantasy football. I'll just place all of the good defenses in the middle of the first round. :)

I'm kinda wondering why you talk about the QB situation in Philly so much?
    I know I never thought Vick was the QB of the future, but I thought you really liked him.
    The Eagles do have a plethera of good players and have only a few needs.
    Trading up to get the QB of the future is possible....given their situation.

I wonder how the experts rank Vick as compared to Stafford.
    Both have been injured a lot....and both have a tremendous upside.

I would be interested to see a Head coaches' point value chart.
    Wonder where Philly or Detroit head coaches would rank?
    Wonder where Marty Mornhinweg would rank?
    Sorry about not joining the baseball league. Just seemed like nobody was interested in the weekly draft..............

17. Darth Tater

Did you mean weekly lineups or draft? If you meant lineups, then, Lame said if it means more people sign up we will do it. I'm just as happy with weekly as daily.

I think experts may like Stafford better than Vick. Vick's won nothing eitherand had more opportunity to do so.

I still like Vick for sure. I don't think getting a new reserve young quarterback will affect his standing. Unless things go South.

I think Schwartz and Reid would rank pretty high. Reid never won the Super Bowl but he puts together solid teams and has a lot of wins. However, that may be because he used to have better assistant coaches. I think he lets his friendshiops get in the way of his business decisions (switching Castillo to tdefensive coordinator. I'm prettty sure Bowles will be running the show behind the scenes. Why didn't they just give him the position and demote or can Castillo)?

Schwartzie is just starting out in the NFL and other than his little temper outburst he is putting together a damned good team.

Morninwheg sucks, IMHO. I think Reid was dumb to hire him.

18. Darth Tater

19. Nemo

1. I don't see the Eagles making a move to draft Cousins, as that would make the most sense.

2. The link said that they'd have to trade Cornerback Samuel, WR Jackson, their 1st round pick and at least one of 2 of their 2nd round picks for the guy. All that for a guy that Nemo projects lower career wise than Cousins. I'm guessin the Eagles take this route.

20. Darth Tater

You just have to ruin EVERYTHING for me, don't you...:pout:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...irk-cousins-and-the-middle-round-quarterbacks

Lookie here, you misguided Bangka Snakehead, (sorry that it was necessary to resort to this name calling, Rascoe, but he brings out the worst in people)...

Sooner or later these dorks are going to do SOMETHING right. It's the law of averages.

By the way, it sounds like they may go after your boy, Tulloch.

You know what nemo?