1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

You guys can have Tulloch...........
    We'll also give you Suh.......for your CB............
    I'm tired of having money grubbing pigs on the Lions...........

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Are you kidding me, you crazy Aulonocara Maulana?

Suh is worth ten times what Samuel is worth. Samuel can't tackle. Suh is a monster. We couldn't even get Suh for a 1st and 2nd rounder. Even IF we threw in Samuel.

3. Nemo

You're a mean person Darth........calling me names all the time.

You're so cold that I bet your wife has to shoo away the penguins before she gets into bed with you.

See, unlike you...............I'm like the peanuts at the local bar.............always complimentary..............

4. Nemo

Interesting...........the Eagles did use the Franchise tag on Jackson. After Making 600,000 per season and being rejected last season for a bump in pay, the Eagles feel that this is the answer. He'll probably say the right things, but I'm sensing thorn in the side type of season for him.

Interesting to note that the NYGiants are going to shuffle around some assistant coaches to allow them to be more effective. Nice to see that even a super bowl winner can make changes to help the team.

Here's hoping that Marty can pull a rabbit out of his hat with the offense this season.
    May the 100 million dollar man stay healthy this season............

5. Darth Tater

Jackson can do things with his freakish speed that nobody else in the NFL can do. He really opens up the field for others on the team. The problem is that he is a one dimensional player. Last year he only played hard for a couple of games. That's it. After his concussion, two years ago, some of his teammates were referring to him as a "candy ass" and he was notorious for his "alligator arms". He was suspended for the Arizona game the night before the game due to missing a team meeting and the team lost a game they probably otherwise would have won and eventually missed the playoffs last season. He was grossly underpaid but handled it immaturely. Just because he is signed does not mean that he will be an Eagle next year. he is very entertaining and as of now he is important to the team. It would have been foolish to just let him walk. Yes, it could be very interesting to see how all of this plays out.

The Giants weren't that great last year. Things fell right for them and they got hot at the right time. Do you remember that they are the team people were hoping the Lions would meet in the first round.

Vick remaining healthy? Morninwheg pulling a rabbit out of his hat? Even if the first one somehow happened, I have very little confidence in Marty. Morninwheg running the offense and Castillo calling the defense? What a joke. Reid and his buddies deserve whatever happens to his team next year. very discouraging to think about.

6. Nemo

You have the same memory of Jackson as I do. Good to see that you don't look at him with rose colored glasses. With the tag.....he'll get over 9 mil per season. His contract numbers will be huge.

Philly ought to sign Vincent Jackson from San Diego. the Chargers aren't gonna put the franchise tag on him, and he can be had for 4 million per season. His career yards per catch is 18.........which makes QBs drool. At 6'5".........he's big and fast, also under 30 years old. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots pick him up. He'd go well with Cousins on their roster. Kinda like Stafford and Megatron............

7. Darth Tater

Are Eagles Set With Offense?

Who Is The QB Of The Future?
    I can tell you with authority that the Eagles truly like Mike Kafka[​IMG] and believe he can be a starting quarterback here. But he hasn't done it in a game, so there has to be some reservation. Trent Edwards[​IMG] has had his ups and downs in the NFL and is not guaranteed a roster spot or playing time here.
    Will the Eagles, if they satisfy all of their needs in free agency, use a high draft pick on a quarterback in April and take somebody like, say, Michigan State's Kirk Cousins? It's something to think about as the Eagles look to the future -- several years away, we hope -- without Michael Vick[​IMG].

Well, now we know two things with certainty:

1.The Eagles don't like Mike Kafka very much but want to sucker some other team like they did to Arizona with Kevin Kolb.

2. Kirk Cousins will NOT be drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles.

8. Nemo

This is good cause I want Cousins to go to a contender.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Eagles management is reportedly in discussions with Denver about Tebow.

10. Nemo

Tebow could be a fullback blocking to help protect Vick.

11. Darth Tater

He already had his turn when he did that in college. He played for Michigan State. Not Michigan. remember? :stirthepot:

BTW...I can hardly wait. There is a movie coming out April 13th. The life story of Lamey, neMO, and Jammerly. :stooges: I forgot the name of it.

It is odd the way Spuds threw Cousins name out there.

This guy is paid by the company and he does and says what the company desires him to do and say. I doubt this was mere speculation on his part. He also threw Cousins name out there before a couple months ago too when he ran off some potential Eagles quarterbacks names (supposedly off the top of his head). Cousins name was last. Almost like an offhanded throw in the way he said it.

He has worked for the team for a pretty long time. H appears to know a lot more than he lets on about a whole lot of things.

Do they want him throwing Cousins name out there? If so...why? Are they really thinking of drafting a quarterback? Very tough one to call but I am guessing they would like too, at least.

Osweiller or Foley? Maybe. I thought Cousins was in there until reading I read the article above.

Weedon who will be getting senior citizen discounts at Denny's before Vick is through? Nope.

Luck wayyyy gone at #1.

Griffin III lonnnnnggg gone too (even though nemo thinks he could go as late as 21st...:der:. :rofl: I wonder why the Redskins just mortgaged their future in order to move up to the 2nd overall spot? Who could they possibly want to draft so much?) Tannehill will also be gone before they draft.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Tate you're over thinking the whole thing because...well I'm not gonna over think why you're over thinking.

linwood likes this.
  13. Darth Tater

Yeah, probably true. Not the first time that's been pointed out to me on stuff...

14. Nemo

Really..............:)

15. Darth Tater

Kirk Cousins to the Eagles on their 2nd pick of the 2nd round? :cheeky-smiley-012:

[​IMG] 51. Philadelphia Eagles: Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State [​IMG]
    It's very possible that the Eagles will spend a Day 2 selection on a quarterback despite the recent addition of Trent Edwards. Go to my 2012 NFL Free Agents Recap page for more.

Pick change; previously Brock Osweiler, QB

Seattle moves up for Cousins?

WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill

With that in mind, if Tannehill is off the board at No. 12 for the Seahawks, as Mayock projects, it wouldn't surprise me if Pete Carroll moves back a bit and takes either Brandon Weeden or Kirk Cousins later in the first round. Carroll really likes Cousins, and he may worry that the Michigan State product may not be there in Round 2. That may sound a bit crazy right now, but who would have thought that Ponder would be the 12th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft?

Nope. The Eagles MAY shock everyone and pick Cousins at #15! Wellllllll, it is more realistic than nemo saying Griffin could go as late as #21...:biggrin:

The Eagles won't be needing Tulloch, by the way...

Texans Stunned To Lose Ryans

Great move

When the Eagles acquired two-time Pro Bowl linebacker DeMeco Ryans[​IMG], they were not only getting a player who has been dominant as a 4-3 middle linebacker, but they were also getting a leader.
    Ryans earned the nickname "Cap" because of his longtime stature as one of the team captains. Ryans was named the team's Ed Block Courage Award recipient in 2011 for his comeback after an Achilles injury ended his 2010 season. The news Tuesday evening caught plenty of people off-guard, especially those who used to call Ryans a teammate. Texans defensive ends Antonio Smith and J.J. Watt were in the NFL Network studios to talk about the success Houston had last season. But while they were there, they learned of the Ryans trade.
    "DeMeco by far and away (is) the most respected guy on the defense, our leader. He’s a guy that everybody turns to especially when things are going tough," Watt said. "It’s tough to see him go, but at the end of the day what can we do? He’s obviously going to go play great football for the Eagles."
    Smith bluntly said that he was "not in agreeance with" the move.
    “It’s a big surprise to me. I don’t know what is going on at this moment but DeMeco is a great player, a leader. He’s going to be an asset to each and every team he plays for," he said. "Our defense is going to miss him. That’s all I can say about it."

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

told you guys gotta walk. Texans couldn't even keep Mario.

17. Darth Tater

Listening to presser. Intelligent. Class guy. Leadership. Awesome talent.

I can't believe Houston let him go for so cheap. Seriously.

The fans and team are giddy...but we know what happened last year.

Great move.

18. Nemo

Doesn't matter who they sign. The destiny of the team is already set, based on their inept coaching staff.
    Look for a 9-7 season.........maybe 10-6...if Darth starts prayin now.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

His contract was too big. And it couldn't be reworked.

20. Darth Tater

You have a point there...

21. Darth Tater

This kind of stuff is never good:

Sam Farmer: This week shows why the NFL is king - latimes.com

•Two NFL insiders, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the topic, said that Philadelphia Coach Andy Reid was ready to walk away from the Eagles if he didn't get more personnel control, and now he has it. We've seen a flurry of decisive moves by the Eagles in recent weeks, including finally cutting a blockbuster deal with receiver DeSean Jackson; extending two good soldiers, defensive end Trent Cole and right tackle Todd Herremans, outbidding the Ravens to keep guard Evan Mathis; and trading for Pro Bowl linebacker DeMeco Ryans

Something else about the Eagles: Reid wanted to jump in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, despite the signing of Michael Vick to a six-year, $100-million contract last season. Talks never got too serious, the insiders say, because Manning didn't like the idea of playing against his brother Eli, quarterback of the New York Giants, at least twice a season.

Eagle denied it really quickly (big surprise) on the team website a half hour ago. In fact, as I was typing this, I received one of those mass texts on breaking team news that I am signed up for

Eagles Issue Statement On Report

The Eagles have issued a statement in response to a story in the Los Angeles Times suggesting that head coach Andy Reid wanted to pursue acquiring quarterback Peyton Manning and that Reid threatened to "walk away" from the team if he was not given more control over personnel.
    The statement reads ...
    "We look into everything, as all teams do," said Reid. "And I have the highest regard for Peyton Manning. But as I said publicly last month, that wasn't the direction we were heading in. Michael (Vick) is our guy.
    "As far as the personnel control, I have had had final say on personnel matters for quite some time here and that's never been an issue or a point of contention.
    "Our front office works very well together and that's one of our strengths."

Not good. Where there is smoke...

Reid is always so full of :bs: . Unfortunately, the statement nemo made earlier about the Eagles and their coaching...:gaah: