Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

The Montana kid is pretty solid........
    interesting.........he's not division 1A.....
    Eagles have done their homework........

He can handle strong NFL WRs...........
    He's very physically strong for a CB...........

[​IMG]
  2. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As a Montana kid he should fit right in with the NFL. Maybe on the Bengals??

Shades of Penn State!!
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

4.61 , 40
    he's a Lion though
  4. Nemo

He did the 4.61 running backwards.........imitating a post pattern coverage with safety over the top.
  5. Nemo

6. Nemo

Time for a draft prediction for the Eagles..........1st round.

Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox

The Eagles don't have a big need for a defensive interior lineman, but this guy is able to run stop, and can be developed into an all around top notch player.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I can't wait for the draft!!! :pop2: I'm counting the hours.

I will guess they draft Alabama Safety Mark Barron. He appears to be quite a bit better than the next safety and the young guys on their team are question marks.

They love drafting guys for the defensive line first, but if they want Fletcher Cox they are going to need to trade up for him.

I will be floored if the Eagles neglect to draft a quarterback. There is no way they are going into the season with Trent Edwards (ten time loser) and Mike Kafka (come on...they played Vince Young over Kafka).(They could trade down in the 1st round and get Kirk Cousins.).:pray2: (fat chance).:smow: I'm highly biased but it looks like he would be the best fit for him. Google his name with the Eagles and a lot of writers think so too. On the other hand...other teams may work better for HIM.

There continue to be a lot of people linking the Eagles to Cousins with one of their two 2nd round picks . But he also could go to Denver or Buffalo, Kansas City, or very possibly Seattle. So there is a good chance he is gone unless they move up to the top of the round. I doubt he drops to the 3rd round.

A lot of people connect them with Brandon Weedon. He could be ready to jump in and back up fragile daredevil Mike Vick, but why draft a 28 year old guy. They did that with the fireman (Danny Watkins) on the offensive line in the 1st round last year and we see how THAT worked out...not great. Not terrible but they wouldn't do it again.

Russel Tannehill (over rated and only 19 starts in college).Would also probably need to move ahead of Miami to get him.

So please no Tannehill or Weedon.

Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley (small school ho hum)...not thrilled. Kellen Moore (Boise State)...long shot and I hate all the whining from him and his father about every scout in the NFL overlooking him due to his size and blah blah blah. His arm sucks. However, I could see him succeeding under Belichik and Brady. And hell, the odds are that he won't even get drafted (or if he does, it will be in the last round). So if the Eagles miss out on Cousins, what the hell. Use their last pick or sign him AFTER the draft. No use wasting a good pick on someone else. May as well roll the dice.
  8. Nemo

I definitely see a DB in the draft plans of Philly. Just don't know when they'll take him. A QB may happen later in the draft...third round or later. Kellen Moore would be a great prospect for the Eagles. He's a complementary QB to Vick, and he'll fall through the rounds. I remember Brady fell cause he had the worst
    workout of anybody. He was slated for like the 3rd, but fell cause these pro scouts don't know talent when they see it. Fletcher probably will be there when the Eagles pick..........they'll be tempted.
  9. Darth Tater

Asante Samuel has that huge contract but Detroit can get him for absolutely nothing (Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder). he would have cost them a couple of 2nd rounders last year. The deal fell through "for reasons other than compensation", but wouldn't he be a nice fit? It sure may be better than using a 1st rounder to fill a glaring defecit (e.g. the Eagles traded for a middle linebacker so they can spend their first round draft choice on a different position).

It seems like several teams would like to pick up Samuel but for some reason he isn't being traded. Maybe the Eagles are asking too much for him. Maybe the Lions will deal for him on draft day.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

On Samuels, neither party has any leverage. That's why Falcons got him for $18M /3 and a 7th
    As good as he is Eagles needed cap room.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

12. Darth Tater

These two guys on CBS think Cousins will go to the Eagles with pick 51 (Their 2nd choice in the 2nd round). I think he will be gone earlier and they need to use #46 (their 1st choice in the 2nd round) and also move up just a leeeetle bit (pick 36) so they can choose before the Browns and the Bills.

2012 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

This guy thinks like the CBS guys do on Cousins.

2012 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com

Philadelphia Eagles 2012 NFL Draft: The Best Fits at Every Position | Bleacher Report

I agree with this, but they need to grab him earlier than he thinks they should.

In the right situation, Cousins could be the second best quarterback to come out of this class. He needs a little time to get comfortable in his offense and the speed of the game, but he has all the tools to be a really good quarterback in the NFL.
    The Eagles don't need a franchise quarterback, as they have Michael Vick. A few more shots to the head and that could change. Vick has a very fragile frame and takes way too many unnecessary shots to last well into his 30s and still be a Pro Bowl caliber quarterback. By 2014 or 2015, the Eagles will have a new starting quarterback.
    Cousins is the only quarterback in this class worth developing. Brandon Weeden has the ability to be really good as well, but he has to start right away. He can't ride the bench for two or three years. He would be 31 or 32 by then. The other prospects at quarterback have far too many flaws to succeed at the next level.

MLIVE says:

Kirk Cousins on The Huge Show: Philadelphia Eagles 'very affirming' during draft process | MLive.com

They agree with CBS

The list goes on and on.

Eagles 2012 Draft Prospect: Michigan State Quarterback Kirk Cousins

*********************************************************************************

IF they draft Cousins I will be wearing a Cousins jersey this fall.

Thing is, I don't really think it will happen....
  13. Nemo

You're counting on your team to make the right decision.
    How often does that happen with the Eagles?
    They may wait til next season and go for Denard Robinson..........:)

[​IMG]
  14. Darth Tater

Is he crying because he still can't figure out how to tie his shoelaces? Or is it because he lost to MSU again? Or perhaps he just received the news that Rich Rodriguez is returning?
    LA Dre likes this.
  15. Nemo

He's prayin the Eagles draft him..........:)
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Eagles must have really love the big defensive lineman they drafted. They gave up their #15, their 4th round pick, and their 6th round pick to move up 3 spots to #12.
  17. Nemo

Got it right.......They didn't have to move up for him IMHO...........
  18. Darth Tater

They are stupid.

They did the same thing with the bum from Defensive End bum, Brandon Grahm, fro U of M and he has sucked. What a waste. This one should be good, at least. Reid always drafts defensive line guys.

Hopefully, the Lions draft smarterer than the Eagles.
  19. Darth Tater

Now that I've thought about this, I think it was a good move after all. I like the pick and Cox could have gone a few picks earlier. The Eagles have a ton of extra draft picks, so they may as well use a 4th and 6th rounder to get a guy of this caliber. They don't really have any gaping holes to fill so, again, they can afford to play with some picks to make areas even stronger.

I wouldn't doubt that they do the same in the 2nd round. Don't be surprised to see them move up in the 2nd to nab a quarterback. If they so, it will be Cousins. If not they will grab him with #46. If he isn't there then Osweiller and Foles will be there. Maybe a 3rd or 4th for them. But maybe none. Why even bother at that point? May as well just get Ryan Lindley late or Kellen Moore for free. To be honest, if they don't get Cousins I hope they do grab Moore. Maybe use a 5th rounder. May as well swing for the fences at that point. Plus it would be fun to see what happens. I don't think they can afford to wait until next year for a backup. We all know Vick is going down sooner or later and maybe he isn't what many people thought he was. I think they are more desperate there than people think.

If there is a safety who looks good that will be the other position they grab in the 2nd round.
  20. Darth Tater

I just watched the tape of the Eagles live broadcast of the first round from yesterday. The broadcast team, the Eagles brass, coaches, and fickle were just "thrilled" and "stunned" that the Eagles were able to obtain DT Fletcher Cox and at such a low price. They couldn't believe he dropped to them because they thought they would need to move up to 4th through 6th to do it or at least 7th.(they only needed to move from 15th to 12th).

Looks like a fantastic pick. He was the guy they really wanted for weeks. He should be starting right away. Tony Paulino of Sports Illustrated thought it was a terrific move.

I'm excited to see what happens tonight. Do they draft a quarterback tonight? Will Cousins be there for them.

Do they maybe wait a couple rounds and draft Osweiller? Foles? Lindley? Wilson? Moore?

What do you think about this, Susie 914? I give them an "A" so far.

2012 NFL Draft Grades: Full Round 1 Results Report Card | Bleacher Report