Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Woody, the Philadelphia Eagles were established in 1933. figure that is about the time you were born. With approximately 79 years of experience I figure you must know what you are talking about old-timer.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

who will be in deeper dodo with this loss, Boys or Beagles? Jerry J at least says responsibility is partly his as GM/owner.
  3. Darth Tater

The Eagles don't want to tackle. Don't want to block. They don't even seem to mind the public humiliation too much. They are the butt of jokes on radio stations sand on television. They've given up and won't play for each other or their coaches. They Are 3-5. teams like that usually win a game or two for the hell of it. my God they have become the LIONS!!

Go with the Cowboys.

The Eagles go 5-11. One of their wins will come against the Redskins. The other wont be in this one. Do Reid and Vick make it through the season? I doubt it. Will Howie Roseman make it? Yeah he will.General Managers always are Teflon men. But the other two guys are goners after the season if not before.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Another loss for the Eagles. That's now 5 in a row. I certainly didn't watch the game but the numbers
    aren't embarrassing. 22 first downs to 14. 4 more minutes in TOP. 2 turnovers to zero for Dallas though...
    and a 1 of 10 success rate on first downs didn't help.

I'll predict that Reid goes to San Diego....and Philly signs Jon Gruden...........

Interesting note........Ernie Sims gave Vick a concussion. Formerly of the Lions and Eagles.
    possible karma.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The seagulls self-destructed down the stretch. Foles looked very shaky in place of Vick. Season is over for Philly now. Perhaps Foles will get a look for the next few games with Vick banged up. I wonder if Reid will survive the entire season.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

you hosed this team
    like you did Tron for 9 weeks
  7. Darth Tater

Guilty as charged, Your Honor. Man they SUCK. I'm sticking with them. I cursed the Lions for 50 years. The Eagles will get my next 50 (assuming I get to live as long as Woody...but I would take the under on that bet if I were you, lol)

:' (
    Woody and brofmfa like this.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

the really bad news is the vikes are already better than the lion
  9. Nemo

10. Darth Tater

Oh man,

I've been waiting for a GREAT article like that. I stressed for months that they would trade Mcnabb (go back and see). He was my favorite player. Evthough I got aboard the Philly train right before its crash, I whined when it happened.rhere were one or two people here who assured me that they would be better without him. Then there was that short mirage period (with Vick)after they dumped McNabb where I finally ate crow and admitted to myself that although he was great that he was washed up and it was time to change.

Maybe he really was washed up. Reid had him since he was a newbie coach and fought like hell to keep him but finally lost the battle (or just gave in) when the new General Manager, Howie Roseman took over. I still believe he pushed out the previous guy.

I don't understand how the General Manager is avoiding criticism. We shall see how he does with a new coach. Maybe Reid still had too much pull in personnel moves? I hope so because otherwise dark days are ahead.

ButI digress. Donovan Mcnabb was the fall guy all these years but in truth he was the man largely responsible for their success. (Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson) who died right before their decline also played a huge role. The article pretty much said it all about Mcnabb.

People said he brought drama to the locker room. I don't know. I wasn't there, but even if he did, whatever it was he brought to the team is whAt made them go so far and achieve excellence.without him they are one big joke and I think it will take some time to fix the mess because they are a joke right now. The players aren't very good, but as the article point out, they didn't give HIM much of a supporting cast either.

The owner is known as a good guy. He probably should fire everyone. I hope his General Manager really is blameless or the dark days will go on and on.

Great article. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
  11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

1991 Buick LeSabre

[​IMG]
  12. Darth Tater

29,407 views at last count and Not one single person had their arms twisted to stop by and have a look see. But thanks for your contribution. For the record, if Buick LeSabrs are your interest, I owned a 1999 model and it was my favorite car ever. :-)

Speaking of favorites, it is tough to be an Eagles fan these days. Especially if they are a Michigan State fan too. Sigh. And I was counting the days until the football seasons would start this year.

Well, Nick Foles starts this Sunday..hopefully the team rallies around this kid. He was a Michigan State starter but transferred to Arizona after one year. So he should be familiar with playing before maybe the worst offensive line in the league. You gotta build through the draft... Unless you are the Miami Heat. Goodbye Andy Reid. The only way I'm jumping ship is if they keep Marty Morninwheg and make him coach.

John Gruden? No. He is good at criticizing but I don't think he's the man for the job. But the owner, Jeff Lurie is good at pickin head coaches. Andy Reid was successful for many years. Ray Rhodes too! There is always hope. No matter how bad things get and no matter how many failures, there is always hope.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
    Man never Is, but always To be blest:
    The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
    Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

Alexander Pope-an Essay on man.

(Only a handful of people on this forum will appreciate and understand that poem... Certainly fewer than "a helluva lot" ...say ,perhaps, fewer than 29, 407). :)
    Woody likes this.
  13. Nemo

Hope springs eternal that is my way...
    Man never Is, but what can I say
    The soul, uneasy and hungry for wins
    Rests and expatiates my upcoming sins.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  14. Darth Tater

Hope springs eternal, Darth is the best
    Nemo never is, when put to the test
    The soul, uneasy, how can one sleep
    Rests and expatriates my upcoming sweep.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

With Favre still playing well though old, Pack drafted Rogers instead of enhancing the teams other needs.
    Do the Eagles have that kind of sack ?
  16. Darth Tater

I didn't understand your last line?
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It'll come to you. [balls, skill,scrotum, football intel]
  18. Darth Tater

Ohh. Lol.

Answer: NO! I guess I didn't know what you meant since my team lacks the...proper... err...credentials.
    Nemo likes this.
  19. Darth Tater

This is a really tough time to be an Eagles fan. There are so many players on the team that haven't been putting forth a full effort or are simply overrated. I listen to a couple of Philadelphia radio stations and Everyone is really excited about the potential of Nick Foles and his improvement each game. But they aren't going overboard. They know that it is the only silver lining they have right now after coming off an eight game losing streak.

I'm sure it's a foregone conclusion that Andy Reid will go after the year. I think they need somebody who will crack the whip so to speak. We've seen terrible teams, come out of it and show excellence the next year.

You guys were right about the lack of cohesiveness hurting them, the poor coaching, the horrible offense of line, and the record that It would result and I'm having a terrible record the last couple years. I hope they turn it around soon. I think they have a really good owner. Football just isn't as much fun when your team is terrible. But Lions fans are well aware of that.

Speaking of the Lions They are having a very disappointing year too. I thought the Eagles and Lions might meet in the NFC championship game this year. Lol! I guess I was slightly off on that prediction.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Reid wouldn't give up on Vick. The turnovers were self-evident.