Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I had to check that quarterback stat of 40 years. I think it was a typo and you meant 4?

I saw at least one review that gave the Lions an A+.

I'm not sure that this guy wasn't the Eagles 4th choice of the four players. They may have preferred the other guys to protect their quarterback but maybe Johnson will work out the best.

Shocking that the Bills took Manuel #16. he was thought to be the fifth best quarterback and a round two guy. think the Eagles maybe wanted him in round 2. I don't think they will draft Geno Smith today even if he remains there. Probably a good decision.

I'm not too exited about The prospect of Vick at quarterback. He is slow to make decisions and cannot hold onto the ball. That is exactly what Kelly does NOT want.

The Eagles have the third pick today. The Lions go 4th. So you can look at it like two very late first-round picks. They both should get great players. I think the Eagles make go for a safety. They sure need one. Maybe a cornerback like Cyprien? The Lions go OT? CB?
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Checking out Gino Smith, dude threw 42 TD passes against 7 picks and 25 went to Stedmen. [in 1 year, with 71% completion]
    4th rounder for a QB, why bother, no one wants him.
  3. Darth Tater

I'm guessing the Eagles wanted Manuel, but he went way early at #16. The Bills shocked everyone there. Had he dropped to the 3rd round I think the Eagles pounce.

Kelly drafted guys he felt were versatile. That way he keeps the other team guessing. This could be a lot of fun. I think maybe Shurmur was picked as his OC for puppet duty. I think Kelly will call the shots.

Matt Barkley was a steal in the 4th. They jumped up a couple of picks to grab him first there. I guess they knew there would be a run on quarterbacks in the 4th round since only a couple had been taken earlier. I don't know what they plan to do at quarterback. They have five. My guess is that Foles or Barkley go and also either Kinney or the Oregon guy, Dixon. So two of those plus Vock. Then again Vick makes slow decisions and fumbles so he could be one of the two cut. I can't imagine more than three make it.

Those draft gurus were all over the board. The Eagles received good grades from "A" to "B-" but the Lions got anywhere from "A" to "F", which shows you how worthless those things are. I guess we need to wait three years to see. The Lions picked up a big guy to clear out space for Bush. Ansah was a gutsy call. Gold or bust?

I can't wait!!!
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  4. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Kelly picks were mostly guys who exploited his Oregon team.
    Still...they don't seem to fit the mold of his hyper offense.
    Looks to me like the team has lost more quality than they've picked up........
  5. Nemo

I'm concerned about their draft choices because they have been Lion-esque in their drafting skills recently.
    They had 24 picks during the 2010-2011 draft periods. Only 2 of those players are current starters......and one...is the Kicker.

The guy in charge of those drafts, Howie Roseman is still there...and absolved of any wrongdoing.
    gotta hope things turn out better.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So does that mean we're now ready to grade the 2010 draft picks? That would be an interesting exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Darth Tater

@nemo, I like to think the buffoons on the previous coaching staff made those draft picks. I'm not sure what quality players or coaches that you said we lost that you were referring to? We dumped some garbage, IMO.

@C.J. Yes that would be interesting to do with the Lions. You've already pointed out how poorly the Eagles did.
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think the National critics are scared to death of what the Lions are building. 1st round picks all along the Dline much like the Gmens front 4 that won 2 SBs. Could we be seeing the making of a MotorCity Steel Curtain ?!
  9. Nemo

No...I don't think so.......

the D-line stats aren't leaning that way yet.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Let's get a year of Ziggy under our belts.
  11. Nemo

I think there's a crème for that.... :)
    Darth Tater likes this.
  12. Darth Tater

The Super Bowl has been around for half a century. Hell the Saints finally made it and they were a lot worse off than the Lions for most of those years. Your guys doesn't even need a coach offering bounties on the other teams heads. Suh is self motivated.

This could be the half century where you get there.

Can you even imagine what it would be like if the Lions got to the Super Bowl. How good it would feel. How proud and excited the entire city will be? They can't keep missing it. They just can't. One day everything will work out. They almost got there the year Mike Utley was paralyzed. They ran into a really good Redskins team in the NFC playoffs. I don't think anyone else could have stopped them from winning it all.
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  13. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That Kool-aid tastes great, Tater.
    Nemo likes this.
  14. Nemo

15. Nemo

16. Darth Tater

So much is going on with the Eagles now. They are a big question mark with Chip Kelly. There is a lot of optimism. Michael Vick and DeShawn Jackson are kind of being jerks Trying to rush the coach to pick a quarterback right now. Vick must be getting nervous.

Their best player on the team, Jason Peters, Got arrested for drag racing and eluding the police afterward.

Their stud running back LaShawn McCoy Is getting sued For allegedly beating up a lady.

Bryce Brown the backup running back was involved in some dog fighting thing of all things. At the least he was breeding
    his dog there.

I turned these guys into the lions.

I love my eagles but sometimes I think I should have stayed with the Lions...

I'm really excited for the season to start. The Eagles start off with Monday night game. Robert Griffin the third may be the quarterback for the Redskins But if he is not able to make it then-Kirk Cousins will be the quarterback. I REALLY hope that doesn't happen though.

I think Chip Kelly will be a winner in the NFL I just hope it is with these knucklehead. They need to buy into the program and support him.
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd welcome you back Darth.
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Drath, get back on the bandwagon. THIS is the Lions' year.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  19. Darth Tater

I always wish the Lions well. Of course if they do well I will look stupid and feel stupid. Once I took the plunge it was final but If it were today I would not change. But what's done is done And I do love the Eaglea still. We have an Eagles family portrait over the fireplace, And I have all kinds of Eagles paraphernalia. So it's too late to switch back. I am having too much fun with the Eagles anyhow.

I always root for the Lions unless they play the Eagles. But if the Lions go all the way to the Super Bowl There will be a lot of cognitive dissonance going on. Lol
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That guys dog was stolen buy a dog fighting group. He got his dog back though right.