1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Folgers got it done with out star like numbers. Good sign. With Vick out of the picture you're cruising.

2. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It's been a fun season so far. Much better than I thought too. Nick is playing really well and I try not to think about that game like 3 weeks ago when he couldn't throw it in the ocean. If he keeps on this way, I'll be happy happy. Defense is surprising me too, didn't think we would show up there at all. Just think if we didn't have the injury to Maclin. We'd be even more better. ( I love saying 'more better', a hispanic guy I work with says it all the time, and it cracks me up. Altho it is a little concerning that they are letting these teams come back on them in the fourth and making it closer that it needs to be, I get nervous.

3. Susie914

And we won again today too, great!!! Pistons won, Eagles won, what more could a girl ask for?

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Folger's game is crystallizing before our eyes.

linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Did TFD just make a joke? :dancingparty:

Darth Tater and roscoe36 like this.
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

7. Susie914

And we are continuing to roll on even in a blizzard! Good game and I admit I was a little nervous about the Lions and at the start of the game I thought ut oh, this is not good. But we persevered and got the win, thank goodness. Now if the Pistons can win against the Heat for the second time, omg that would be SWEET!

8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Good win. As soon as the Lions showed ineffectiveness, you went for the throat.

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The Eagles could really help the Lions ( how in the hell did they lose their stranglehold on the division to two teams without their quarterback???) by beating the Bears on Sunday but the birds NEVER beat the Bears and besides the game is meaningless to "us" unless Dallas loses because otherwise it comes down to a showdown in Dallas the final week of the season.

Well, I felt stupid but I stuck with the Eagles through the bad times and was rewarded. Hopefully the Eagles make the playoffs.

Funny. I called the Eagles main radio station and stirred up of all sorts of crap. They were talking about it for three days. LMAO. I'm "the guy from Idaho". They were saying I could not be a fan of the Eagles because I had no right to leave the Lions. I will say this. The Lions fans on the whole are much more civilized than the Eagles fans. I'm saying that based on most of the radio calls and the way they treat people from out of town. When I was at the Lions game rooting for the Eagles there were a lot of Eagles fans tailgating with Lions fans and also sitting with them and laughing as the game. I don't think every single legal fan is like that. I'm Sure there are a lot of exceptions. I don't believe that Lions fans are any less passionate about their team. But based on my observations and what I hear I will say that I am proud to be a fan of the Eagles. But not proud to be an Eagles fan. And, I know there are a lot of exceptions. As a whole I'm not impressed. Kudos to the Lions.

As I explained on the radio station, I did not abandon the Lions. The Ford family abandoned its fans half a century ago. I can tell that the Eagles owner, Jeffrey Lurie wants to win at all costs. Chip Kelly is awesome.

I still root for the Lions to do well. But the passion and loyalty is gone.

E.A.G.L.E.S...EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

10. Susie914

Eagles fans will always be thought of as classless aholes because of one drunken Santa Clause, that is our reputation and will be forevermore. Other fans in other stadiums do stupid idoit stuff and it is never as bad as Philly fans. We will always be number one in that regard. I too do not root for my home team, the Redskins, but I have never thought of it as abandoment, it was never that, only I felt no passion for the Redskins, they turned me off, but was attracted to the Eagles, they were it for me. And I am proud to be a Eagles fan, always will be. Don't let some radio asswipes get you down...

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm sure I must've told you Eagle fan is ruthless. And now it's backed up by the radio guys.
    That'll teach you to try and walk both sides of the street.

12. Darth Tater

The Santa Claus incident was blown out of proportion. There was more to the story. The team was 2-10 in 1968. They came to the stadium on a day with bad weather carrying signs protesting the poor management of the team. The "real Santa"... The intended one never showed up and they found some kid off the street and put him in a Santa uniform. So the fans, not knowing that the intended one never showed, food and threw snowballs because they thought it was management telling them screw you and it was a slap in the face.

No, I am not talking about that. I've listened to that radio station four weeks and most of those callers are Yahoos. Then there was the incident of those seven guys jumping the Detroit Lions fans. I know that was only a few people, but people were calling into the radio station saying that the Detroit guy provoked it and deserved it for wearing an opposing jersey. Those are idiots. The radio host disputed that but none of the colors did. Not anyone.

Thee. I hope you are enjoying your lions this year. I think the Bears game against the Eagles will determine if the lines go to the playoffs. I think the Lions will win their last two games and Green Bay will lose in Chicago. Fortunately, I do not think Philadelphia will beat the Bears. For one thing it probably will not matter. At least not much to them.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Philly needs to win out like most of the flakey teams. Just beat the bloody Bears.

14. Darth Tater

As usual, you're incorrect. If Philly, whom leads Dallas by one game beats Dallas, whom holds the tiebreaker, philly gets in the playoffs. They don't need the Bears game unless Dallas loses to the Redskins.

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You mean Dallas wins at Wash ? Cuz will scalp them.

16. Darth Tater

N

No. I meant what I said. Dallas LOSES at Washington.

Lookie here: as of Saturday night

Philly 8-6

Cowpies 7-7

Philly holds one game lead but Dallas holds tiebreaker!

So if both teams win

Philly 9-6

Dallas 8-7

So it means nothing because the teams play each other the following week. If Dallas beats Philly in this scenario both teams are then

Philly 9-7

Dallas 9-7

But Dallas goes to the playoffs by virtue of the tiebreaker.

If both teams lose this week it is the same thing. But

Philly 8-7

Dallas 7-8

Philly must still beat Dallas next week because if Dallas wins they are both 8-8 in this scenario and Dallas wins the tiebreaker.

If Dallas wins and Philly loses

Then Philly 8-7

Dallas 8-7

Philly still must beat Dallas because the they go into it tied and the team with the better record , which would be 9-7 after the game as opposed to 8-8 for the loser.

***HOWEVER***

If DALLAS LOSES Sunday they will be 7-8 . And if PHILLY beats the Bears then Philly would be 9-6 and hold a two game lead on Dallas 7-8 in this scenario therefore making the final game in Dallas meaningless because Dallas can only gain one game on Phill and so Philly goes to the playoffs.

So the only way the game matters is if Dallas loses. Then Philly would need a win in order to clinch early. If Dallas wins no matter what they can't knock Philly out this week even if Philly loses to the bears.

Review:

Both teams win or lose tomorrow or if Dallas wins & Philly loses, the division is decided the last game of the season. The 4th and only scenario where Philly can win the division is if Dallas loses and Philly beats the Bears.

Now we are on the same page, Yes?

Good. Next week we work on percentages!! :dizzy::party::lol::goodstuff:

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

fine don't win out and let that piece of garbage Dallas team in the POs.i

18. Darth Tater

OMG Thee. It's my own fault for taking the time to type that out for you and you STILL missing the point. You have to stay after class and clean blackboards. :jail:

But unfortunately for you, Calvin Johnson may not be available today so if the Lions lose, it's all academic.

Even though you don't understand the implications, the possible good news is that the Skins are currently ahead of the Cowboys by 6 points in the 3rd quarter. If they can beat them ( but a long way to go) then the game tonight DOES matter to Philly so if both they and the Lions win it would be great for both of our teams.

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

what a bunch of minutiae.

linwood and BillLaimbeer like this.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

solid win by Folger's Crystals