Away Phoenix Suns Friday, March 21, 2014

Discussion in 'March 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

I have. It was during the sandbagging era.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder if Andre could give Josh Smith some free throw shooting lessons? Pistons seemed to have a lot of energy particularly in the first half. I think, if Ernie went he would have probably stayed awake until the second half. Stuckey was hitting everything for a while and then he faded in crunch time. His scuffle with Dragic and the double technical was briefly interesting. Ernie probably would have at least opened one eye if he was there.

I know a lot of folks have written off KCP but I see enough flashes of good play...I think he will be a player next year.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I got a little woozy in the 2nd Q (my achilles heel) and late in the 4th, but I managed to stay awake for the entire game!

I agree with you on KCP. I don't think he's been placed in a situation with the square peg/round hole roster to succeed. It seems reasonable that the weaker aspects of his game like ball handling/creating off the dribble can improve as he learns the L.

How many games have the Pistons won the starting PG matchup this year? I'd guess it is somewhere in the 15-18 range.

This game was a textbook example of tanking. The players were absolutely trying, but Loyer just makes odd substitutions to point the nose of the plane down. Drummond was rolling in the 2nd half and he got taken out with 4:30 to go and never would have returned if Monroe didn't foul out.

I only wish I could differ the above paragraph from 75% of the other games this season where the same thing has happened.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Were you able to feel this guy out for his opinion on Drummond and if he thought he should come off the bench for 20 minutes a night or did he think they should trade him?

Where did you stay out here?

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ernie
    He liked Drummond starting, thought Stuckey should start. ..liked Bynum???...hated the defense of Singler and Monroe and thought that the Siva pick was a waste. ..but wants to see him play. He wondered why the Piston bigs didn't know how to dunk or why they didn't practice free throw shooting during warm ups......he was all over place..but at least I had a piston fan next to me to cheer with....of course his 2 sons were cheering for the Suns. ..

I stayed at some dive La Quinta in Tempe near the airport as all of decent hotels were booked...
    chillin at airport now waiting for my flight back to Cali....I will catch you next season

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  6. LA Dre

Read this morning that Josh became only third NBA player in the last 10 years to miss all 8 of his free throws in a game. One of the other players was Drummond who missed all 8 of his in a game last month. ..and you wonder why the Pistons are the only team in the league shooting below 70%. Free throw shooting has probably cost them 5 to 6 games this season and a probable playoff position.

linwood likes this.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Coach coached to lose. Nothing else to say about this one.

8. max

max All-Star

Thats when I had full season tickets. Ive been to 3 games this year.

Did not see this one, had something to do and missed it. Knew they would lose.

9. LA Dre

Surprisingly they were in it until the last 4 minutes.....but a couple TO's and missed buckets by Stuckey and the close game got away from them.

They were down 1 at the end of three and even went ahead by a couple points in the 4th, but since they came into the game 1-32 when trailing after three, we figured they would find away to tank give it away.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Last pistons coach with a winning record for us was?

11. LA Dre

Flipper

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I went to one preseason game this year. First game I attended in five years. Before that, for about 7 years, I attended 20 games a year plus one round in each playoff series. I know full well they are going to lose too, but I still watch.

13. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Highest winning percentage of all time for Piston coaches with 3 or more seasons.