Pippen Fired

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 12, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Just heard on Game Time Live (WDFN 1130 AM) with Andrew Siciliano that Pippen has been "bounced" from ABC.

**UPDATE**

http://www.nypost.com/sports/65928.htm

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Go figure. Him and Marc Jackson together was kind of lame anyway. ABC just used Pip for the escape goat. One of them had to go.......:laugh:
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Pippen was God awful. He was stiff as a board and just looked like he was reading something off a card while looking into the camera. Plus he kind of looks like a Llama.
  4. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

He also is (or was) a coke head. A few friends of mine saw him at a club a few years back tootin' on some blow.
  5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

All true. But no one could provide as nauseating an experience to listen to a ball game as Bill Walton. He is so derogatory to the players. I think that he is angry that he isn't a player anymore and so he puts them down. What I mean is that he still feels competitive with them on a basketball level. I have to put all games, including IX/LAC Game 3 which is on right now, on Mute. But I have the words running across the top of the screen, so I put a blanket over that so that I don't have to start yelling at the TV when he says inane and ridiculous things. How can he still have a job doing this? And I don't care if he was a great
    basketball player, because if he was, I wouldn't have had to listen to him talk. And talk. And talk. He thinks he's more important than the game.

Also, he has this smarmy creepy effeminate vibe. Not an alpha male by any stretch.

I can handle the rest of them. I don't like Steven Smith's sing-songy yelling into the camera much, but I figure with him "ya gotta have a gimmick."

I like Doug Collins.
  6. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

Good. The man is too biased for TV. I have never seen anyone praise the Bulls more when they were sucking up the joint then him. Now if ESPN could get rid of Kerr.
  7. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Kerr actually writes some pretty pro-Pistons stuff at Yahoo.

As much as I hated him as a player, I think he's an alright analyst(?).
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If guys like Charles Barkley and George Forman can do it, ANYONE can.
  9. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Wait a minute, wasn't Scottie Pippen recently affiliated with an NBA team as an assistant coach? Was it the Lakers? Whatever happened with that? Anyone know?
  10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Pippin endorsement of LeBron as King over MJ

It seems like Scottie Pippen's new job since getting fired is to go on sports stations and talk about LeBron being better than Michael Jordan at this age. I've seen at last five Scottie Pippen interviews on TNT, Sportcenter, Inside the NBA. Maybe he is the only ex-teammate of Michael Jordan's who is willing to do that. Or maybe he figures he can parlay talking about LeBron into his next gig. LeBron is going to be around for a while, seems to have long coattails, why not?:ohwell:
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Re: Pippin endorsement of LeBron as King over MJ

He didn't really get fired, as mentioned in the article that Roscoe posted to start of this thread. ABC decided to drop him from their broadcasts, but he's still sometimes in the studio for ESPN, like last night. ABC/ESPN are part of the same company, so I guess it's more like a demotion.
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The absolut worst is Paul Silas, man if you guys have heard him.....lawd ha'mercy on your ears...I see why Lebron got him fired, everytime he says something my response is What tha'....?!?!?????