Piston Front Line without Tayshaun

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lazyberbs, Oct 16, 2005.

1. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

If Taysh and Joe are . . .

. . . just arguing over the sixth year and are in agreement with the first five, I can see giving him the other year. At his age and stage of his development, he is gong to do nothing over the next six years but get better. Locking him up for six years at $8 or 10m per seems good to me.

What do you guys think?:confused:

2. max

max All-Star

Yes

8-10 is probably what they will settle with. You know Tay does not want to throw away money next year by comming back for his rookie salary. I expect this to come right down to the final hour.

I do believe there is a max of 5 years on all contracts.

Also I am pretty sure if Tay does not re-sign this summer then next summer the Pistons can match any qualifying offers. I know some news guys are saying he would be unrestricted but looking at any salary info shows his final contract year as Qualifying offer which was standard for all 1st round picks.

So if he risks it he can not only lose out on 6-8 mil next season but also what if the big buck offer never comes? These FA deals go in cycles. Just because 2 SF's got huge offers this summer does not mean the same thing will happen again next summer. At least we know that the 2 teams that gave them out ( Milw - Simmons ) and ( ATL-Johnson ) will not be making any huge offers for an SF next summer.

So I can see this settling on October 31 for Dumars original offer of around 45mil over 5 years. Which is a pretty good deal for Prince.

3. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

the contract

I couldn't agree more with the above quote from Micro... I plainly stated on a previous thread about what he's worth in this forum that I thought he wasn't worth $50 million. Needless to say a lot of folks didn't agree with me, but I still maintain my stance. The deal is more than fair and actually slightly overpaying him in my opinion. However I'm sure Joe is doing that just to compensate for what other lesser clubs needing help may offer him and to show we appreciate him.

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

People started to dig up old threads so I joined in. So try to imagine the Pistons without Tay these playoffs?:yuck::sick::puke:.

5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

:fear:Without Tayshaun, they wouldn't have won the championship this year.

6. max

max All-Star

I was wondering WTF.. until I saw the date.

Tay is looking like a pretty good deal right now.

7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Keep in mind that Caron Butler is playing for the same amount of money, and Ron Artest for less.

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

and that tay is far better than butler and a far better teammate than artest (whose salary is marginally lower)

9. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

:faint2: A better teammate than Artest is debateable (although I don't think Artest is a bad teammate, most other Pistons fans seem not to like Artest very much, and the man is a lunatic), but do you seriously believe this? Butler is a better shooter, a better scorer off the dribble, a better post scorer, about as good a passer, and a beast on the boards - and has been a better defender over the last two seasons. That's not to mention that he's abused Tayshaun every time they've played. Wow. Tayshaun is proving to be the single most overrated Piston since Isiah Thomas.

10. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

You defend Artest and in the same paragraph call Isiah (the player) overrated? Blasphemy! Artest fought with fans and and then betrayed the teammates that stuck up for him. Isiah fought with everybody, including teammates, but he drove his teams to win titles instead of tearing them apart.

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

heh wow.

okay i'm calling it now. tayshaun is the best player to ever, and that will ever, wear a pistons uniform.

:eyebrows:

12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I can't really see Tay asking for a month off during the season so that he can promote his new album. (For that matter, I can't see Tay having the name of said album shaved into his hair either.) How does that help his teammates again? :confused: Unless he was planning on donating the proceeds from the record sales to the team so they could sign a missing piece?

I also can't really see Tay flying off the deep end, storming the crowd and taking no prisoners. How exactly does that help his teammates? I suppose not having to put up with Ron Asstests antics for the rest of the season would help them in a backwards kind of way, but I don't really think that was his plan.

Hmmm.... tough call, but I think I'll take Tay as a teammate over Ronnie any day.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In retrospect, this thread turned out to be a bit premature...

14. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Dude I don't know who u are but I have no respect for what u have to say here on out. Zeke is one of the best, most revered players of all time. If this guy is overrated than u my friend are incapable of making any sound judgements on any thing on LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Exp, you're responding to a 4-year-old post. :pound:

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

With righteous indignation no less. I blame the thread bumper!

:call-police:

17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

that hasn't been on the site as far as logged in since

Last Activity: 11-03-2008 10:42 PM

18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

The old thread bumping trick.

19. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I like reading these old posts, don't you wonder what happened to some of those guys that used to be on here. And I like old posts talkin' about my man SHEEEED. Those were the fun days.....

20. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks for bumping this CJ! I hate being the last post in an old thread. Makes me feel like I killed it.:messer:

Ah crap. I hope I didn't do it again!.....