Piston Offense is sometimes offensive!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Has anybody else noticed the Pistons offense seems disoriented most of the time? Even on a made hoop it almost seems like it just happened, not a play ran for someone.

Sheed and CB shooting ill advised 3`s, Tay holding the ball 18-20 feet from the hoop for about 5 seconds before he starts a move to the hoop only to pass it to Sheed or CB for that you know what......

Rip is being very agressive thus far this season, going to the hoop, and shooting high % shots.

Are the players following Flip`s playbook? Or, are they just freelancing?

I would love to see Sheed playing in the post, at least on 75% of his shot attempts, and if J-Max could somehow crack the rotation, he and Sheed could wreak havoc inside the paint.

Is it just me, or does anybody else see things that can be corrected with our offense? If so, what??
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Offense boring.
    Defense boring.

We need AI.
  3. Dlev59

He would surely jumpstart the O.........
  4. max

max All-Star

I have noticed that they are doing a lot of freelancing this year. Even on defense, thats been part of Mohameds problem from what I heard. The other starters decide to change the play and Mohamed is still running the old one. The other guys are at the point now where they can change on the fly and the other starters pick up on it - except for Mohamed.

Offensivly I have heard that Flip's game plan is not being run in some of those awfull losses. Who's fault is that? If there are no consequences for not sticking to the game plan then I don't know.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I noticed this starting in the playoffs against Cleveland. I yelled at the TV "where are the plays?:swear2:" over and over. Seems like it was one pass and shoot the rest of the series.

If this is part of the "freeing up the offense plan", then I call :bs:.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I remember Chauncey saying part of the game plan VS. Dallas was to run plays. I was like WTF?! aren't you already suppose to be doing the that?

I think he said run a play every single time.

But yea they look like they just do whatever they feel like.
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

AI could turn a lot of breaks...how often do you see CB do that?
  8. Dlev59

CB has got to be one of the worst PG`s of all time when it comes to making sound decisions on a fast break.

He is absoloutely terrible finishing on the break, or making a good pass, it usually ends up a TO or............a bad shot.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Chauncey finishes on breaks, but he's slow. A slow guy doesn't do good on FAST breaks.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If you need a break, you probably need a

[​IMG]
  11. Dlev59

I agree, CB is slow on the fast break, however, I am willing to bet most of his TO come on the break.

I would like to see him attack the basket on the break as opposed to pulling up with a jumper or forcing a bad pass.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

CB is not usually involved in a break...if he gets the steal, he either can't find the pass, pulls up to shoot a quick 3 with no one in bounding position, or backs off into the halfcourt O...he rarely pushes the ball in transition...he knows his speed limitations.

I always liked Lindsey pushing the break. Ben used to initiate some breaks and finished a number of them when defense used to dominate Piston play. Now...the only breaks you see are between Rip & Tay...fun to watch...but they don't happen enough.

In the new NBA 'offensive' era, the Pistons are slooooow...one of the reasons I'd like to see more of Amir...a guy that can run the floor.