Piston Trade Watch

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Jan 14, 2010.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Amare ...sigh.
  2. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

I'd rather have David Lee as PF, he's cheaper and has the same production, if not better than Amare.

Rip+Tay for Allen, Boston would be foolish to turn this offer down, then you have the money to sign Lee in the offseason or even Amare for that matter.
  3. BallDon'tLie

I'm with you on this Ryder.
    Amare gets his numbers off of feeds from his little Canadian point guard.
    Lee gets his digits from boards, loose balls, etc.

The Pistons are much better at generating loose balls and offensive rebounds than they are at generating assists.

Lee is younger, fits the system better and is half the price.
    Do the Pistons have any players that the Knicks would even want though?
  4. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Well his contract expires at the end of the season, there is no way Pistons get him via trade, only way is to unload Tay/Rip/Max for cap space. That's why I suggested a Rip+Tay for Ray Allen's 18 mil $ expiring contract. I really think Boston would accept it.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If they traded for Stoudamire and let him walk they should have the $$ to sign Lee, no?
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That's why it's important to actually get Amare via trade. If he works out GREAT!!! If he doesn't we now have the necessary money to go hard after David Lee. Ray Allen and Amare are both expiring contracts.

Now I'll be the first to admit that I am skeptical of a Nash-less Amare, but we need help badly upfront, even minus Nash Amare can still shoot, drive, catch, finish and hit FT's better than any big on our roster right now. I don't think he's worth the 17-20M he'll want in an extension but hey right now everything is speculation, be nice to see it come to fruition.
  7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That brings up a good point - is Joe interested in Amare (long-term) or in the cap space?
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I think it's similiar to the AI situation, if he brings some serious game and fills a void he's a long term solution, if not, he's cap space; it's seems like a great chance to (a)Shed Tayshaun for something and (b)Get a good look at how well one of this summers top Free Agents would fit in with this team.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Steve Nash!!!! Are you forgetting he'll be teaming with one Rodney Stuckey here in Detroit?
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am surprised Kgreg slipped up on this one. He has repeatedly insisted that Stuckey is thee purest and most natural quintessential point guard.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

I keep having to double check during the games to make sure I'm not watching Hoosiers.
  12. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As far as David Lee is concerned I've heard the same arguments about his game as I've heard about Amares. "Inflated stats due to system, cant play with his back to the basket...blah blah" Honestly, either one! We cant be picky.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If you listen closely during a Pistons game, you can hear Coach Kuester saying, "Four passes before every shot!".

Remember when Kuester benched Austin Daye earlier in the season because he broke the "four pass rule" and the Pistons had to play the final few minutes with just four players?
  14. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I think we may be on to something here. Anyone know if Jimmy Chitwood is available? We could always use another SG.
  15. BallDon'tLie

We already run the "picket fence" for Rip so it's hard to tell most of the time.
  16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stoudemire did average 20 points the year prior to Nash rejoining the Suns (04). So, while Nash certainly gets him easier shots, I definitely don't think he completely relies on Nash for his scores (ala Shawn Marion). Amare is a gifted athlete (albeit not what he was in 2005) and he has that 15 foot jump shot that he didn't have in 2004. He doesn't operate in the post much, but he can face up and beat most bigs off the dribble.

Stoudemire is a fine offensive player, without a doubt, but his lack of basketball IQ and inability to defend the paint certainly don't make him someone worth breaking open the bank for, especially since it's far from as given that we would be able to resign him. I definitely wouldn't give up our draft pick this year and I would be hesitant to give up Daye/Jerebko either. Maybe one, but not both.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

:pound::pound:Y'all are killing me!!!!! 'Quintessential Point Guard'......ROTFLMBO!!!!!:pound: That is my new name for Rodney Stuckey, The Quintessential One
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Bosh, Boozer, Amare, Lee blah blah blah...
    :deadhorse

Everybody on this forum at a minimum will be quite pleased if we sign any one of those guys, and any one of those guys will make this a better team.

There will still be a few people who will continue to mourn the loss of Amir and making the case over and over again how Amir is a better player than Amavid Boszer once you run Amir's stats through some quantum equations and fourier transforms.
  19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great post. I never thought I would hear about Fourier transforms ever again since graduating. :)
  20. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with everything you said about Stoudemire. I'd be very heistant locking him up at the max for a number of years. Sure, he hasn't had any problems with his knees recently, but I'd still be slightly nervous. And his career almost ended last season with the eye injury. We don't want another Elton Brand.

As for giving up Daye/Jerebko, I'd have no hesitation packaging them up. Are they really part of the nucleus, or just solid role players that can be found anywhere? I'm leaning towards the latter.