Pistons 10/11 MidSeason Grades

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Detroit Pistons Mid-Season Grades - Detroit Bad Boys

My take on it:

Rip: D
    Tay: C (While he's having a great year, he's negating a lot of it by poor defense and his buffoonery antics)
    BBen: C-
    Stuckey: B+
    TMac: B+ (he doesn't get an A because of inconsistency in both production and defense)
    Gordon: D
    CV: B
    JMax: D
    Daye: D
    Bynum: D
    Wilcox: B-
    Monroe: A-
    Summers: Incomplete
    Kuester: D
    Dumars: C (the TMac signing and drafting balances out his lack of doing anything else while the ownership is still up in the air - besides he's doing a great job stimulating the popcorn industry, creating jobs)

2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I agree with most of your sentiments, but I can't give CV a B. He's a C for me.

3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Good job! I think I would have given almost identical grades except maybe a C for CV like Stuckey and a C-/D+ to JD.

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Your grades are more in line, but the record indicates the overall average should be a "D"
    based on an average team at .500 getting an average of a "C"

5. Mogilny

I judged them after what was expected from them before the season started. If the grades are absolute guys like Monroe would be pretty far from an A- since that would put him among players like Griffin, Duncan etc.

6. Nemo

Makes sense...you predicted 30-34 wins and their on course for close to that.

I just can't give em credit since the team was so strong just a few years ago.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

A: Crickets
    B+: Monroe, Prince, Automation
    B: Stuckey, Villanueva, Hooper
    C: Gordon, Bynum, Wilcox, Kuester, Daye, Kander
    D: Rip, Ben Wallace, Maxiell
    E: Joe Dumars

8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

My take on it:

Rip: E or incomplete: lost starter's spot. even aliens do not want him in spite of my request.
    Tay: B+ does what he does best, can't ask from him more actually. He already has more than enough duties
    BBen: C- I still hope that he can come from the bench
    Stuckey: C+ finally Q recqognized that PG spot is not for him
    TMac: A- I'm takin into consideration his injury and this gamble from dumars has payed off
    Gordon: E or D: listen to me: 12 mil for subbing and sucking? I do not care how many SG were in front of him - he is paid 12 million to BEAT them. By far the biggest dissapointment for me.
    CV: C at least he tries and sometimes with good results
    JMax: E or incomplete: cant beat one old man and one rookie.ugh.
    Daye: B- he is learning rough business of NBA. Man, it is hard.Inconsistent minutes are not his fault.
    Bynum: C finally plays as you can expect from subbing PG. "C" takes into account his sucking period.
    Wilcox: B- a surprise actually. definitely worth of resigning for same sum
    Monroe: A+ a regular starter? And not sucking? are you kidding me??
    Summers: Incomplete
    Kuester: C+ can't envy his position. Had to sit several former starters in the name of stability and wins.
    Dumars: I do not grade him before trade deadline.

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

McGrady? Mrs D? Illitch? Gores?

10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

For clarification: my grades reflect my own expectiations.

11. Nemo

Maybe style points for Gores, but if I say that you may just figure that I watch ice skating during the olympics.

Mrs. D is like that student in school who sits at their desk and does nothing.

Illitch always gets an "A": for effort.

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

and my midseason grade for pistonsforum.com: A+

13. Nemo

I don't know about an "A+" for the PF. After all, I didn't get last month's newsletter nor did I get my 5,000th post merit badge. I'll go with a "B+"

14. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Roscoe...does not like inflating numbers...for Roscoe ONLY rock solid currency counts....

what is the real value of your post count? got it?

15. Mogilny

I thought we were supposed to get one for each post. I'm still waiting for my 699 merit badges.

16. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Oh my gosh!!!

"midseason grades FOR pistons" has turned to midseason grades for my self thread!!!

thats the most selfish thread hijacking!! Roscoeeeee!!!
    :call-police:

17. Nemo

Everybody knows that Rascoe is Quality over quantity when it comes to posts...
    However, I must point out that he is the all time post totals leader....:)

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Oh yeah, forgot about them.

McGrady: A. This also was taken into consideration when I graded JD.
    Mrs. D: D. Here's a question- can she name all the players on the team? Can I?
    Illitch: B: I can respect his pull out. This isn't his sport and he doesn't put up with any funny business on the accounting front.
    Gores: A. Smart. Lying at a 45 degree angle in the weeds waiting for the organization to get desperate. He's going to buy the Pistons for less money than the Silverdome went for by the time he's done with this staring contest.

19. Nemo

20. Brap

Brap Starter

Rip: F - he's played terribly on both ends of the court and he's been a team cancer. Yes, a real cancer. I hope to god we trade him NOW.
    Tay: A- he gets an A- only because he's played well and he's going to be a nice guy to trade at the deadline. He's gone next season - no way will he resign here. He's also been a mini cancer.
    BBen: C- Ben is a trooper, but he's pretty much done.
    Stuckey: B- It kills me to say this, but I no longer have a 100% belief that he's a core guy for our future. His move off the PG spot suggests that at best he's a pretty good player - but he isn't a franchise guy unless he can play the point. He doesn't shoot well enough and doesn't play like a star game in game out. Very possible the Pistons won't go overboard to resign him next season. On the other hand, we need to give him time to adapt to playing SG 90% of the time. Second half of season will be fascinating to watch his development - as long as TMAC doesn't get hurt.
    TMac: A- We'd be NUTS if we don't trade him. We're rebuilding. Get a nice asset for him. He's super tradeable right now. every contending team wants him - I'm sure of that.
    Gordon: D - I just am shocked at how lousy he's been. slightly better than Rip so far. I totally expect that he'll get going in the second half of the season, but won't be shocked if he doesn't because of his playing behind Stuckey, and because guys like Daye are coming on.
    CV: B - CV might be the VJ off the bench guy we've wanted since, well, since VJ. Either he or Gordon should fill that role in the future. But we only need/want one of them to do so. The other should be traded.
    JMax: F - This guy has no game.
    Daye: B - he's developing really nicely. He and Monroe and JJ are the 3 guys on the team I'm certain are core guys on this team in the future. He's going to be a 20 point scorer in this league - no question about that. But this kid can really play the game. If he doesn't play every game then the coach should be fired.
    Bynum: C- huge disappointment, but starting to finally play better. I'm not sure how he fits into our team now or in the future. Seriously, I'm not 100% sure than ANY guard on our team right now is part of our future. Weird. I thought we'd be very strong at that position coming into the season.
    Wilcox: B- Not a bad player. Proves how bad we need to have a legit POWER forward playing PF. PF is got to be the key position to upgrade in the offseason and in the draft.
    Monroe: A I love this kid's game, his attitude - everything. You have to watch him game in game out to appreciate his talent and potential. I project him 3 seasons from now, with great strength and experience upgrade. We have our center for the next decade. Need to surround him with a guy like JJ, who will compliment his mobility beautifully, and with a no-fly zone defensive monster type of PF. In a few seasons, he's going to be in the all-star conversation every season as a borderline all-star type.
    Summers: Incomplete. Getting more and more obvious that he's never going to get his chance here barring a ton of injuries. That's a shame. He's got great athleticism and I think he can really score and can match up defensively with a lot of guys. But, from a numbers perspective, I can't say it's wrong that he's molting here.
    White: Incomplete. I haven't given up hope for this kid. If he could play the point, he's a great shooter and his presence on the team could be a great compliment to Stuckey. Two super athletic guards who can match up athletically with anyone. His ascendance would make it possible to trade Gordon and McGrady and Bynum, and allow us to find a true point to round out a really nice 3 guard rotation. That's all super-speculative, but White has the super athleticism to demand that we see what we've got with this kid.
    JJ: Incomplete. I think he'll be a great guy to synergize with Daye and Monroe. He has such great mobility and Daye and Monroe are willing and talented passers on offense - both of whom can feed JJ cutting hard and smart to the basket. JJ is also a wonderful mobile asset to pair with Monroe's great feet and hands on D, and will compliment Monroe as a rebounder. Get a monster PF to play D and rebound and JJ, Monroe, Daye and the Monster will make up a loverly front court rotation in the future.
    Kuester: D
    Dumars: no grade. He's been a great GM. Built a championship team out of less than nothing. McGrady is going to prove a super signing. Monroe, JJ, Daye all great draft picks, and Stuckey could still prove to be a top player. White - who knows? But his next five year legacy depends on how he gets value from McGrady, Rip, Tay - how he balances our roster - who he drafts in 2011 and then in 2012. There is absolutely no way to know or predict until 2013 or 2104 whether we'll get back to championship caliber status.

Future: I love Monroe, Daye and JJ. After that, I really don't know how the future will play out.