Pistons 1st Round Game 2 - Sixers Wed Apr 23 7:30PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Re: 1st Round Game 2 - Sixers Wed Apr 23 7:30PM

Two days off in between games isn't all that bad. I can recall at least one playoffs when the league decided to avoid any games being played at the same time, i.e. no more than 2 per evening during the week, so some first round series had up to FOUR days off in between games. That was ridiculous, so they scaled it back afterwards. The current system seems pretty sensible to me; I don't think we'll have two days off in between games any more times during this series.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The losing team after each game should have the option of choosing the next game time, on either of the three following nights.
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Hey remember when AA kept Lebron in front of him? Remember when he did that with AI? Good Times.

I love having a great defender sit on the bench. Flip is so smart!

Seriously though, I agree with the whole wait thing being way too long. I need to know one way or another. Are thing going to change? Or are we going to go down 2-0 to the 7th seed?

edited to add;

Check out this article. These quotes side by side are extremely telling, probably not intentional, but are just perfect examples of the contrast b/w (good) coaches

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

When you consider the 6ers started out like 5 and 20 and ended up 40 and 42 with 3 wins over Boston, you know they can land the right hand on any given nite. I seriously hope the 6ers are still in the "cureing" stage and we can tough out a 7 game win !!!
    8.9 DR - that's assuming we have a 10 man rot.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

We should try zone (as much as i detest it). Philly is an absolutely awful 3 point shooting team.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hey, that's a pretty good idea.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So far five game 2's and the team that has won game 1 has prevalied in game 2.
    Can you imagine the frenzy around here if the Pistons don't win game 2??

All hell will break loose:hanged2:

Hunter was OK for about 4 mins in game 1. Put him back in a suit and dress Dixon. I am not saying that he, AA or AJ will win the game for them, but at least give them a blow if the matchup presents itself...and please make some type of sub in 3rd about 4 minute mark even it means pulling 2 starters to have them sit on bench for Curry and Porter coaching.

The defense was decent Sunday, it was the offense that wasn't clicking 100 points and 25 assists should win any game for the Pistons.....that is the goal!!!! oh yeah and a victory!!!!!!!!
  8. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Sorry for the confusion, i meant the first game in the first round. I read this somewhere.

9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well i'll be there again, keeping the maxiell jersey. they messed up last game by giving away a ton of chauncey billups t-shirts...and in only one location. i think there were still a couple thousand people still waiting for their shirt as the game was starting and it caused the stands to be more empty.

sidenote, the crowd that did show up for game 1 was excited...more jerseys and shirts than i've seen all year (regular season people show up to games to 'be seen' more often than to see a basketball game).
  10. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Ended up with two tickets myself in Section 211. Not great seats but my face will be in the place feelin' the heat from the torches.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Ain't this the kicker? After all the hullaballoo about the Zoo Crew and the development of the bench, what is DET's small lineup? How bout their big lineup? What do they do if they need more scoring? Isn't the answer to all of the above some combo of Sheed, Dyess, Tay, Rip, CB & Max?

A lot of people have remarked how Hunter and Stuckey hadn't played together all season yet there they were in the 4th quarter figuring it out. It brought back memories of G6 in the ECF seeing Hunter and Murray out there together. 82 games and 6 months isn't enough time to figure out what combos work together. That is barely enough time for Flip to figure out what the subs can't do.

Coach after coach the last few days said some variation of, 'It's a long game.', in between the 1st and 2nd quarter. I have a hunch one will buck that trend down 6 points or so.

See, what happened Sunday wasn't an aberration or a fluke. It was the manifestation of a seasons worth of work and repetition. The Piston offense sputtered because for 3 years it has passed the ball without a purpose and relied on people who can't go one on one to go one on one against the shot clock. They should spend their season making sure that their offense is crisp & efficient and honing their defensive principles regardless of who is the game, not shortening the bench to beat SA because they lost in Dallas the night before. Is that negative? How many times are they going to go trap someone who is in a completely non-threatening position only to create lay-ups for the other team?

DET will win tonight. If I had to guess, they'll be up 10 or so points with a minute or so left when they'll start fouling 3 point shooters, turning the ball over needlessly and giving up 3's when they should give them 2. This, unfortunately, is now the Piston way. (Damn I need this game to start!)
  12. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

That is a long post for you, Ernie. You must really be feelin' it. Leave work early, grab a six pack and kick back on the couch and relax til game time. Things will be O.K. in 5 hours.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just realized that we are the only higher ranked team to lose a game so far.
  14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That's technically true, although Houston has dropped two games at home to Utah, which has the higher seed only by virtue of having won their division (home court always goes to the team with the better record).
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yup, and all the teams in the East PO's are up 2-0. (BOS/ATL didn't happen yet, but that's irrelevant to the outcome).
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This 5 game series is going to wear us out and will put us at a big disadvantage in the next round.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Actually it might if the starters continue to play 40 min :).

Seriously though, i believe mental fatigue of a long series is worse, and i see this going at least 6. Don't know who's going to be on the winning side yet.
  18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Well, I "reviewed tape" of Game 1 and took extensive notes. What phrases come up more often than anything else? 1st quarter: rip horrible shot, dyess horrible shot, rip nice shot can't hit, rip horrible shot select, Sheed playing great. 2nd quarter: great quarter for us, still a lot of jumpshooting without ball movement, Sheed playing great 3rd quarter: rip horrible shot, rip horrible shot, dyess horrible shot, tay horrible shot, Sheed looking fine 4th quarter: horrible Rip shot, and another stinky Rip shot, Sheed beautiful shot, Chauncey misses 3 free throws, Rip horrible way short jumpshot, and finally a clutch made Rip jumpshot.

I guess the shots just weren't falling.

So we need to attack the basket. Rip iso's alone won't work. I love Rip, but I could not believe how many shots he took that were "missed" before they left his hands.Rip iso's cannot be our offense. Please Flip, Sheed, someone...make them move the ball until they get a nice shot at least. Where are our easy baskets?

GO PISTONS! ATTACK! FORCE THE ISSUE!
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat is open!

* removed link*
  20. max

max All-Star

Here is the box score

NBA.com: 76ers at Pistons Game Info

Great game. Defense was there, execution was there, focus was there, rebounding was there, bench chipped in.

I would call McDyess the player of the game. Played like he was before the injury with 16 points and 12 boards ( 6 offensive ).