Pistons 1st Round Game 2 - Sixers Wed Apr 23 7:30PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 21, 2008.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I think that coming off screens has not abandoned for rip: just they have figured out that it is easier to get points from cuts and penetrations. Against of philly it works, against of orlando - highly likely, against of boston - no way.

2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Exactly, except that the 2-chest curl play has been abandoned, which is something I've been whining about for years.

Even if it hasn't been - when you get into a habit of doing things the easy way, you shouldn't be surprised when you fail at the hard necessities under pressure. Ask the Phoenix Suns.

3. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

The 2-chest curl play worked like a charm for years. I too have noticed Flip has abandoned it. Its not like the defenses finally learned to stop it recently.

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

:p_welldone::captain:pistons win.....wings vs avs.....tigers sweep 34-10 vs rangers...and I'm done being on call....nice day....so far.

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This really bothers me. I wish we would run it at least a few times a game. Also it led to the play where if Rip was doubled he passes to Sheed for the little mid-range shot. That was a money play.

And glad to hear Amir got a loud ovation. Now if only the crowd could dictate who plays sometimes . . .

6. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Tay really provided a spark yesterday. Question is why can't he be consistently agressive and drive to the basket every game? Some games he is so timid you forget he is there. CB has not shown up in this series so far. Philly was not strong protecting the paint, even in Game 1, the Pistons need to continue attacking the rim and looking for the high % shots.

7. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Was it live or was it Memorex. Yeah we really attacked the paint and put real effort into D’ing up and stuff………………………….. BUT, did anyone else sense early on that the Sixers subconsciously hit the floor with somewhat of an attitude of mission accomplished. They lacked the same fire and aggressiveness shown in game one. Grabbing game one greatly changed the stakes for them and I’m really interested in seeing how the neophyte Sixer squad handles their new perception of playoff success.

8. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

What I noticed from Tay last night was he did not shy away from the contact. Usually when he drives to the rim he takes a path that avoids contact. Last night he realized early that he could try and initiate the contact and the 6ers would get out of his way to avoid the foul. The first few times he was surprised to be so wide open coming down the lane.

He has the length to that consistently but he is afraid of the contact. He usually plays soft. That is the biggest difference in his game from when he first broke the starting line up and was a defensive stopper.

Don't get me wrong. Tay used to be my favorite player but I think he spends too much time making that pouty face of his and not enogh time being strong to the hole and dunking over people (like he used to).