1. 10 years of friendship, arguing, and fanatical Pistons fandom! Read about it here
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Preseason live streaming: No preseason games will be televised but Pistons.com will provide live streams of the four home games. All eight games will be broadcast by radio flagship Detroit Sports 105.1. Preseason opener is Tuesday here against the Indiana Pacers.

Pistons 2005/6 Recap Part 1: The Regular Season

Discussion in 'Pistons and Basketball Articles' started by dba, Jun 15, 2006.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sep 1, 2005
    Say he gets 3 boards and 1 steal one game. Then next game he can take 4 shots.
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Sep 22, 2005
    One thing I noticed was that over the season, the pistons fg% was .455 and allowed shooting % of .452.

compared to last year, we were .444 vs .430... that's a .014 margin. If you look at the top playoff teams and the Spurs, they have margins that are similar. I think ours was the worst by being near equal.

looking at the other stats, the rebounding numbers come out relatively equal. last year, we had a favorable rebounding edge close to +4.

The biggest difference was taking care of the ball with a +100 steals and a -200 TO difference. That probably accounts for the +107 shot attempts.

I suppose it won't tell us anything we didn't already know but its sort of an eye opener when you look under the win-loss record carpet.