Pistons @ 76ers Friday February 3rd 2006

Discussion in 'February 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Pistons At 76ers ~ February 3rd, 2006

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8:00 PM EASTERN
    RADIO: WDFN 1130 AM (NO STREAMING)
    TV: FSN DETROIT / ESPN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PREDICT THE SCORE!

Your comments?

~~​
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

My favorite teams play on my B-day.
  3. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Back at it again on Friday night. This game has a lot of ifs and of course this is a big game for Philly as Detroit is always everybodies big game.

I think if Iverson can play he will definitely ply in this game because he knows for all purpose this team stands no chance without him on the floor for the Pistons.

This game will have a big game tone because this is a potential first round match up again and the Pistons need to leave no doubt that these guys don't stand a chance with them in the playoffs. If Iverson do not play look for Detroit to win by double digits, but if Iverson plays it may be a closer game. My perdiction Pistons win 104-91
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

99-87 Pistons!

AI may not play, so I expect the Pistons to play down to Philly a bit.
  5. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Is A.I playing?

My opinion is no point rushing back as they will still find it difficult to beat the Pistons. If he plays, they might lose within' 10-15 pts. Better save the energy and take more time to heal the injury.

Hopefully, Flip will give the bench more minutes, meaningful minutes, with the starters. Flip had used Arroyo, Rip, Mo, Dice and Ben at some stretch and this line up seems good. In addition, he also used Billups, Mo, Delfino, Sheed and Dice too. This line up too has been interesting. If you notice, both the line ups has Dice and Mo in it and I would love to see Flip use the line up of Billups, Delfino, Tay, Sheed and Darko. Give Darko some minutes with the starters and see how he goes from there. No harm experimenting that line up for a few minutes. A few minutes in the 2nd quarter will not lose us a game.

Pistons will win this and should be 39-6.
  6. max

max All-Star

Wow, I had not realized the Sixers were avg 101 PPG!
    Appear not to have much defense letting in over that. With AI out or playing sore I cannot see this one getting close.
    Pistons 108 Sixers 88
  7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

If AI doesn't play this game will be alot more competitive than you might think. The Sixers do a much better job distributing the ball around in his absence. In the time that AI has been out more starters have been in double figures than they traditionally have been in the past. That coupled by the imminent decrease in effort you will see from our team based on the competition...leaves me to believe that we will win this one, 100-90.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

the pistons have not done great offensively the last couple of games. 93-84 pistons.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: Pistons At 76ers ~ February 3rd, 2006

Happy Birthday!
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

thanks.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Doh! The nationally televised games never work out for my schedule. The little lady will never go for a Pistons game on Friday night! :doh:
  12. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

DVR. This will solve all of your problems in life.
  14. roscoe36

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

This was a tough one for me to stay interested in. We got out to a good lead early, but then struggled all night. Not enough that I was ever worried about the outcome though. The Pistons could obviously decide to turn it on when they needed to.

Rip and Sheed were hitting their shots. Sheed stepped in a bit inside that three point line, and no problem. He also canned some shorter ones off glass, that had virtually no possibility of missing. Very professional.

Rip just had the inside game and the shots off the curl going to perfection. Thirty points. Good time to do that while the coaches out there are deciding who to vote onto the all-star team.

Tay hit a triple early, and ended up with a pretty nice scoring game. I guess his highlight was the dunk off the nice pass from Billups on a fast break.

Ben did not look all that impressive, but by some complete accident their bigs did not do all that great. Dalembert had nothing thru most of the game for while Webber was throwing up some crazy stuff.

Billups was pretty darn quiet. Double digit assists. No shots taken in the 1st quarter.

Evans played quite a bit, hit one triple out of about two taken. Evans also had that last 2nd hook in the lane. He also managed an assist off his movement with the ball, coming from the right and kicking off to the left corner. That is something pretty new for him.

Delfino played a good long shift in the 2nd quarter, but saw no action in the 2nd half. He hit that triple. He played pretty solid D. Two pretty tough shots were hit on him. Korver looks like he has added to his game. For sure he was a lot more than that spot up shooter he has often been exclusively for a game.

This game mainly featured one on one play from Philly, while the Pistons played team ball. As usual, a high percentage of made shots had assists attached. And we, as usual, did not turn over the ball. Lots of assists, few turns. Sure, Flip gets credit here, but its his point guards who lead the execution of such flawless ball handling.

Dyess got a bloody noise halfway thru the 2nd quarter, but he stayed in there quite late in the 4th quarter so he got about his usual minutes. I certainly don't rember a lot of scoring from him tonight.

Arroyo did not play in the 2nd half, but he did get a good long stretch in the first half. Still, this is the first of a back to back. Flip just might be making a mistake playing Billups so much tonight. Yes, maybe we can win tomorro night, but why put your star thru such a stretch of minutes. Play the bench.

Well, basically one more game gone, and no further progress on preparing for the playoffs. 39-6 sure sounds nice. Too bad they give you zero credit for it once the playoffs start. 45 games played, 37 left to go. When will Flip start doing what really matters, preparing to win a Championship. We are patiently waiting Flip. Get to work. GO PISTONS!!!!!
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Lee- don't forget that there are 2 other teams out there with only 4 more losses than the Pistons. Home court advantage, which is their stated goal, is not locked up by any means. And SA has done it with an injured starter. And SA also lacks the hunger right now. They are more dangerous than they seem.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Homecourt matters not at all--

Unless you can beat the team on homecourt. Like you say, SA is keeping right up with us pretty much, despite having a couple of injury problems so far this year. (Ginobili, Duncan's foot problems.) We absolutely do not know how healthy SA will be in June when we hopefully will be playing them. Far better to prepare for the worst. Right now, the Pistons are not going to beat SA in a 7 game series if SA is fully healthy. (Homecourt or not.)

I firmly believe the Pistons have the better roster. But that means little if a coach will not get his roster involved.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

'Sheed must have been feeling lighter with the new do. At least in the first half.
  19. roscoe36

20. roscoe36

Excerpts from the Game Chat when DarkoWatcher from the DarkoRules Blog inquired into the absence of DMC.

7:55 pm [DarkoWatcher]: is darko not in the lineup
    7:56 pm [roscoe36]: Darko isn't playing because he's sad that you don't update your blog anymore
    7:57 pm [DarkoWatcher]: oh
    7:57 pm [DarkoWatcher]: i will updait this weekend
    7:58 pm [DarkoWatcher]: sereously why is he not in the lineup does anyone know
    8:26 pm [DarkoWatcher]: so guys
    8:26 pm [DarkoWatcher]: wear the heck is darko
    8:26 pm [jammertime]: the same place he always is
    8:27 pm [roscoe36]: Detteam, did you remember to pay Darko's speeding tickets? *eek*
    8:27 pm [DarkoWatcher]: he isnt on the bench
    8:27 pm [LA Dre]: cleaning up Sheeds hair
    8:27 pm [DarkoWatcher]: is he may be getten traded
    8:27 pm [jammertime]: I hear that the next name the Pistons are going to put on the court is Darko's. Right in front of the end of the bench.
    8:27 pm [detteam]: damn!...i knew i was forgettin somethin
    8:28 pm [Zoso]: Darko is not on the bench?
    8:28 pm [Zoso]: that's interesting
    8:29 pm [roscoe36]: DarkoWatcher, this could be a good blog entry if you can break the news
    8:34 pm [roscoe36]: Dalembert and Darko have the same agent
    8:35 pm [roscoe36]: Mark Cornstein
    8:35 pm [detteam]: conspiracy theory micro?
    8:36 pm [roscoe36]: anything is possible ;)
    8:36 pm [detteam]: lol
    8:36 pm [roscoe36]: Sixers are rumoured to be prepping for some big moves before the deadline
    8:36 pm [Jackattaq]: Ok, I've gone and missed the whole conspiracy, anyone wanna fill me in?
    8:36 pm [DarkoWatcher]: guys this darko thing is a reeal mistery
    8:36 pm [roscoe36]: the Steven Hunter trade is "supposedly" a prelude to more trades
    8:37 pm [LA Dre]: Anybody listen to Blaha to see where darko is?
    8:37 pm [Jackattaq]: A Darko Trade?
    8:37 pm [Zoso]: had either broadcast mentioned anything about why Darko is not on the bench?
    8:38 pm [DarkoWatcher]: this is huge
    8:38 pm [detteam]: ixney on the darko say
    8:38 pm [LA Dre]: Nothin on ESPN about it
    8:38 pm [DarkoWatcher]: hi linwood have you hurd anything about why darko is not in the lineup?
    8:38 pm [linwood]: HEY! IS DARKO PLAYING?!! WHATS THE DEAL?
    8:39 pm [Zoso]: I guess he's not even on the bench Linwood
    8:39 pm [linwood]: no. I am out of the loop on darko. Last time joe D and I had dinner... he wasn't talkin!
    8:39 pm [LA Dre]: darko and elvis not in the the building
    8:39 pm [detteam]: fred's gotta give us the straight poop
    8:39 pm [linwood]: What? really?
    8:39 pm [DarkoWatcher]: this shoud be a bigger story in detroit then the super bowl
    8:39 pm [linwood]: traded?
    8:39 pm [Zoso]: we'll have to file a missing persons report
    8:39 pm [DarkoWatcher]: roscoe have you hurd anythiiin
    8:39 pm [DarkoWatcher]: ?
    8:40 pm [jzchen]: darko overslept n miss the flight to philly
    8:40 pm [DarkoWatcher]: is darko in streat clothes
    8:40 pm [jzchen]: flip then told him to stay in the bed n don get up til a trade is done, lol
    8:40 pm [LA Dre]: Darko out hangin with AI
    8:40 pm [roscoe36]: I heard that Darko got invited to a Superbowl party
    8:40 pm [jzchen]: lol
    8:40 pm [detteam]: they buds?
    8:41 pm [puertoricanballer]: lol
    8:41 pm [linwood]: Does he have the flu?
    8:41 pm [linwood]: Been makin out with delfino?
    8:41 pm [roscoe36]: The "Hunter" flu
    8:41 pm [Zoso]: that's a good guess Linwood
    8:41 pm [detteam]: allergy
    8:41 pm [roscoe36]: Hey Lwood
    8:41 pm [linwood]: what?
    8:41 pm [DarkoWatcher]: may be darko is on the bench for the red wings
    8:42 pm [DarkoWatcher]: it coud hapen
    8:42 pm [jammertime]: Darko has the West Coast virus
    8:42 pm [jzchen]: no, darko trying out for the lions
    8:42 pm [LA Dre]: Darko out with Mick Jagger
    8:42 pm [puertoricanballer]: lol
    8:43 pm [jammertime]: He has planteryourassonthebenchitis
    8:43 pm [jzchen]: so he thought he might hv a better chance wif the lions
    8:44 pm [puertoricanballer]: I think I just saw Darko with a phillly cheese steak sandwich.
    8:45 pm [Buckeyes#1]: darko was sighted at smokers anonymous

Today we find out that Darko had the flu and didn't make the trip, but man-o-man, the speculation was rampant! :D

Chats run on PF almost every game. Members are welcome, it's like hanging out with friends while watching the game, and out of town fans without TV or radio access can get some insight into the game as it happens.

Come join us next game.