Pistons All Over The News Regarding Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Feb 12, 2010.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

www.blog mlive.com/
    Report: Cleveland Cavaliers could be interested in Richard Hamilton

This would certainly be a hoot. Just listening to Sportstalk radio here in D.C. Richard Hamilton's name was mentioned several time in certain trade scenarios involving the Wizards.

Something is definitely up on the homefronts, Dumars is working the phones.

Don't particularly care for the trade that is mentioned in the Mlive Blog unless someone here can convince me otherwise lol.

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

There's tons of speculation involving the Wiz. One of them is as absurd as the Celts sending Ray Allen to DC for Jamison AND Butler. (SOURCE) That would be just like the Pau Gasol trade.

Pistons could be the 3rd team in deals involving contenders and rebuilders.

3. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

Yep. It has been a real long time since I have been excited for trade deadline week. Can't wait to see what happens.
    2 things everyone wants is a big man and/or capp spayce

4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

If the general and most reliable buzz in Joe's ear indicates that LeBron will leave for a bigger market then this could be a great move.

Demand one of those number ones. They can protect it all to snot but if James leaves Hamilton could be our next Otis Thorpe (except perhaps this time we pick better).

5. max

max All-Star

I know. Something has to happen - any kind of trade. I need something, even if it's a small one.

I have a feeling though that Dumars is gong to deny all rumors next week. If anything rumors at least show that he is doing something.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Clev is screwed, nobody is going to take Big Z or Hickson. I believe we can get more for Rip than most people think. But trust and believe that the UConn trio (Rip, Allen, Butler) will all be on different teams come Feb. 19th.

7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hickson would be great in Phoenix. Maybe not STAT numbers right away, but close.

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Nice call KG... that's about right... sittin back waitin' for the show.

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wiz and Mavs look close to a deal.

Butler for Howard being the centre of the deal. Some more guys may get thrown in such as Haywood, Stevenson, Gooden and Tim Thomas.

Would Butler be enough to put them over the top? Haywood would likely see a starting gig. I wonder if they'd slide Butler to the 2?

G- Kidd
    G- Butler
    F- Marion
    F- Nowitzki
    C- Haywood

Bench- Terry, Dampier, Barea, Beaubois, Stevenson

10. detteam

detteam All-Star

He should. If they don't make the WCF I'll be shocked. I think they juggle Dampier and Haywood for a while to see what works best. Terry can go back to his 6th man spot.

Mavericks reach tentative deal to trade Howard, Gooden for Wizards' Caron Butler, Haywood | Dallas Mavericks News | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News

11. hitafreethrow

I dont think it puts them OVER the top...In my opinion its more or less a lateral move as Butler doesn't bring anything more defensively (actually maybe even less than when Howard was playing well), and that is where they are really behind say Denver and Utah...

Alot of fire power onthe floor when you bring Terry in off the bench to replace Marion, and move Butler to the 3. Three 20 point scorers on the floor with Kidd could and should be very hard to stop.

12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Dampier earns playing time over Haywood, the apocalypse is here. Haywood has been a beast all season. (See CJ's Coynesters, Novice league) :)

13. hitafreethrow

CJ would know too,he's been eyein those stats! But you are right, Haywood has been a beast, and now being with a new team, especially Dallas, where if he plays well down the stretch he could potentially get some good bucks this offseason...We know how bad Dallas wanted Gortat last year, and what they offered him. If Haywood can keep it up, expect the same for him.

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This trade is now official unless somebody fails their physical...

..so despite Cuban looking foolish out there in the celebrity game last night, he had time to make a deal to get closer to the top.

I have not seen Joe anywhere yet, although I swear for a moment I saw him in Hooters last night sitting in the corner by himself....with no other GM's in sight..

15. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Is it possible to trade Kwame if we're not using him. I mean we could get a player with an expiring contract for him and then get rid of the guy with the expiring contract later down the road. Kwame is taking up a space on the bench for no reason. I know he can contribute to the team some but I can't even remember the last time I seen him on the court. I would like to get him out of here so that he can at least get some PT somewhere else.

16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Harsh toke.

17. Brap

Brap Starter

With the Washington/Mavs trade, Caron Butler is one of the high profile big names now off the market. The other big names still potentially available are Amare, Jamison, Rip and Tay. Dallas in the West has made the first huge move, and I suspect that amps up the pressure on all the rest of the West contenders to add their own impact guy. It's highly likely that Cleveland is going to make use of their expiring contracts (Szrnerfabbiaalllkkkkk) to acquire one of the other big names, and that means Boston, and possibly Atlanta and Orlando will have to make a serious play for the other big names.

As I look at it, I think it's highly likely that Rip and Tay will be heavily sought by one of these teams.

18. hitafreethrow

Interesting thought on the bottom of the ESPN.com article about Cleveland going after STAT. Mentions that GS is offering Maggette for Z...Dont know how I really feel about that. Maggette seems like he would fit fine into Cleveland, and Cleveland would not have to give up J.J. Hickson.

Maggettes contract is thru 2013 I believe, so it would strap them for a few years so really a lateral move contract wise, but Maggette still has some juice in the tank, and could help them defensively.

19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If the Cavs land Amare (today's hot rumor) then the moves we're looking at (dumping Rips deal etc) seems minor league.
    This has been the concern over the difference in ownerships willingness to convert expirings into long term investments using bird rights.

IMO the best move we can make this year is to get new ownership.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If I am understanding things (and I haven't read anything today), PHO is going to buy out Z and he'll resign with CLE. It would be Hickson for Stoudamire basically.

If this trade goes through the Cavs will have added Shaq and Stoudamire to a team that already has LeBron. The Pistons would need to trade at least half their team in order to trade for those 2.

Needless to say, but Joe D owns Danny Ferry.