Pistons All Over The News Regarding Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Feb 12, 2010.

1. max

max All-Star

As much as I have been complaining about Dumars lately I would not want to see him replaced at this time. He has really only had 2 bad years out of the last 10. One thing that would be irreplaceable is the respect he gets around the league. We will always have an advantage that way when it comes to FA's.

Interesting how Denver wants Dyess now. Makes me suspect if there was an wink and a nod last year then they cut Dyess so we could sign him back. Perhaps on the condition that he would throw them a player over the summer - Like Afflallo.

2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Shhhhh...the ABB might hear you.

Indeed he was, but of course no one will talk about that. The acceptable stance was that he was all washed up.

How you like me now? © Kool Moe Dee

3. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Allman Brothers Band?

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This thread title seems a little misleading....I have not heard a single national reporter mention the Pistons in the last three days so should we be hoping for cap relief or trade or just be resigned to the fact that Joe is going to ride out the storm with with what we got....?

5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We arent making any moves. Disappointing, but not really. Tay will be valuable this off season.

6. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

We apparently tried to get Kaman.

The Clippers held off on discussing center Chris Kaman prior to trading Marcus Camby to the Trail Blazers. According to sources, the Pistons are now showing interest in Kaman, who is a Michigan native.
    Detroit has been looking for a big man and they have been linked to Utah's Carlos Boozer and Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire.
    Sources added that Los Angeles is unlikely to deal Kaman, even though he has two years and $23.5 million remaining on his contract (after this season).

Read more: RealGM: Wiretap NBA News

7. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm not sure if I'm disappointed. Tay is reproving himself as a fine player. If he's healthy, he's much more valuable of course - not just around the league as one of the best glue players in the game, but also to our team. He and Jerebko make an excellent pair of starting forwards. Having him in the lineup and healthy and in sync (yay, for all of the 3 games this season that's happened!) helps the offense be a lot more fluid. Jonas plays really well for us as a ball mover, and as a finisher around the rim. And on defense, they are both really strong at that end of the court. With Ben Wallace, that gives us 3 very smart very strong defenders up front, and Jerebko and Ben always play with tons of energy.

If and when we trade Tay, it needs to be with the recognition that he's a valuable guy, and we've got to get something valuable back.

Same things hold true for Rip.

Since we're a couple years away (at minimum) from being contenders, there really isn't a great hurry IMO to just trade those guys. EXCEPT, we do want to make sure that we're developing Daye and that we develop Summers too. When we make a trade, it better be to get back a young talented center.

8. Brap

Brap Starter

By the way, Jerebko is turning out to be an absolutely great defensive player. His wonderful agility, and his length and his hustle makes him incredible at closing out on shooters and staying in front of his man and contesting every shot. He doesn't try to block everything - so he's rarely out of position. He's got great great feet.

On offense, he's very talented, and he plays within himself. He's gotten some criticism for putting the ball on the floor too much - but I think that's one of the things he's quite skilled at. Also he moves the ball really well. And I'll bet he's going to become a really fine outside shooter, which, combined with his excellent near the rim game, and his overall excellent BB IQ is starting to get really exciting.

Prediction: I think we're looking at a young Dennis Rodman, but much much better offensively.

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If we did lose JD he'd be rehired somewhere within a year, his portfolio is solid.
    And I could see the Davidsons stipulating Joe stays thru 2012 if he so wants.
    -
    However I see the following as glaring errors:
    Not kissing Darkos azz and playing him.[do not comment on that in this thread]
    Not giving LB4LB the world when he won the championship.
    Being a little too loyal to some of the players.
    Letting LB4LB talk out of both sides of his mouth during a championship run.
    Twitch not letting BBen touch the ball. Thus forcing BBens hand.
    Losing Billups
    The Curry ramifications[wasting A1 etc.]

10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Ever wonder why JD didn't intervene? Maybe he didn't see it as a problem. Remember, He just let Ben go into free agency.

Also, I think that rolling LB was Davidson's idea and JD would not intervene in that one.

11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

so JoeD didn't find any way to get rid of Tay and RIP? I really don't like this. What value does he want for a role player and a one-dimensional shooting guard with a very bad contract? He should have felt lucky if he had gotten expiring contracts in exchange. Point is, this team doesn't need either of them. This team needs drastic changes that go farther than adding Free agents like CV and BG. With Jerebko, Tay has become expandable. So did RIP with the acquisition of BG. So why doesn't Joe get rid of them instead of asking for value in return?

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

No deals likely
    Per ESPN
    Latest: Pistons source puts chances of a trade at less that 10 percent http://bit.ly/cCGg0g

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This sucks! When Phx is willing to move Stat for cap relief, JJ Hickson and a late 1st rd pick! You're trying to tell me they won't take Tay, Wilcox and and a lottery pick????? Maaaaaaaan...... BUMP Joe Dumars!

14. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

He could use some more meat on his bones....:pound:

Yep agreed, maybe Joe is trying to drive a hard bargain and then will sell it off at the last minute when nothing comes through.

Or his hands are tied.

Or he is foolish.

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Or he is smart and there really isn't a good deal out there and he's not making a move just to make a move.

BTW, the BG and CV signings are what I wish we had done in 2005 as they both are proving that they are complementary players and not integral pieces. The problem is we now have a full roster of complementary players.

16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This will also be a test for Q... is he going to work in the rookies more... or make some foolish vet playoff attempt.... he is now on trial

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Obviously we valued Tay and Rip more than any other GM....didn't help that they sat on the bench for 20 games with injuries.

if anything Joe erred in upping Rip's contract last year and traded the wrong guard to begin with.

While the Wizrds and Clippers have added cap space, we are stuck with the same team next year unless we taynk and get one of those top three draft picks....who can possibly start....

18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

This past offseason's free agent pickups marked the last nail in the coffin for this team.

There is no reason to want to wear a Detroit Pistons uniform now.

What a difference a couple seasons marred with questionable decisions makes.

Fail.

19. JJ33

JJ33 Second Round Draft Pick

It isn't the end of the world if we don't do some trading.

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No, but it is the end of this season.

All we can hope is that we lose our way out and get a nice pick, because the Mid-level isn't going to buy a lot this offseason.