Pistons All Over The News Regarding Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Feb 12, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nope just an end of an era that begin some time in 2002 and ended prematurely last year and the coffin is being possibly sealed this season.

Unless Q plays his rookies and we get a top 5 pick this summer, it might be another year of fruitless play.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Playing the rookies, all small forwards, would mean Tay has a backup at small forward. Which means we win out the season.

So it won't happen. I doubt Kuester is allowed to win many more games.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

My guess is we'll be settling for Monroe, Aldrich or Whiteside with our pick.
    The deadline is not much of a restriction for us... in less than 2 months we can start new trade talks.... at that time there won't be the same roster limits/salaries to worry about.

Would have liked to at least se a minor deal to give us something to talk about... how many 2nd rounders do we need anyways?

Big or Bust
  4. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What is our draft stock in the 2nd round as of right now anyways?
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Not necessarily. Q really loves that small ball, Wilcox is hurt and Kwame's in the dog house. I see Daye playing center soon.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I think we have just one 2nd round pick to go with our lottery pick this year.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No, no, Daye is way too tall to play center. Maybe he will stick Atkins there.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Maaaaaan this some Ol' Bull####!!!!!!!! I've often agreed with Joe when he says, "I'm not going to make a trade just to make a trade" But this is one time where that is actually WHAT THE TEAM NEEDED! We have 7 SF's and 13 SG's, a 35 year old center and no PG! My goodness, WTH, is he grieving the departure of his boys Hammond and Wilson? Is he now TGJD?
  9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

thanks, I am grateful to notice that I am not the only one who's truly upset. The roster is a pure joke; a bunch of role players and glue guys, only one C and the only PG is Chucky Atkins. And it's not like teams didn't want to make trades...
  10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

gimme list of available PG/Cs and their pricetags, then we'll talk.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Toldya....when do we shut this thread down and start talking about ways to sit Tay down for the rest of the season to get some PT for Daye and Summers so they can be skilled enough to play with JJ in the Rookie-Soph All Star challenge

I can see it now, three Piston second year players lead the sophs to a victory or our prized (insert name here) rookie challenge game!:)
  12. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Man, I haven't been on here in forever! Seems the league is getting more and more inbred. Big names with big salaries getting on different teams and no one team really being a team from home bred draftees anymore.
    Stern is an idiot deluxe. His league is floundering and all he can do is blow off any 'problems' with CBA negotiations in his interview on with Ernie,Kenny and Charles.
    Even Dumars can't get good talent anymore.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Besides our own 2nd rounder here's our European stockpile:

2011 second round draft pick from Denver
    The less favorable of Denver's 2011 2nd round pick and Portland's own 2011 2nd round pick to Detroit [Denver - Detroit, 7/13/2009]

2011 second round draft pick from Toronto
    Toronto's own 2011 2nd round pick to Detroit [Detroit - Toronto, 6/15/2007]

2012 second round draft pick from Houston
    Houston's own 2012 2nd round pick to Detroit (top 40 protected in 2012, top 35 protected in 2013, top 35 protected in 2014 and unprotected in the 2015 Draft). [Detroit - Houston, 6/25/2009]

2013 second round draft pick from L.A. Clippers
    The L.A. Clippers' own 2013 2nd round pick to Detroit (top 55 protected in the 2013 Draft). If the L.A. Clippers' own 2013 2nd round pick is in the top 55 picks, then the L.A. Clippers' obligations to Detroit shall be extinguished. [Detroit - L.A. Clippers, 2/16/2009]

14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

there are alot of available PG's out there for the cheap. With C's, it's different of course.
    Devin Harris (ok, probably not cheap)
    TJ Ford
    DJ Augustin
    Ramon Sessions

Luke Ridnour
    Kirk Hinrich
    Nate Robinson

Jarret Jack (?) or Jose Calderon
    The marked ones are/were reportedly on the trading market. The others are presumbly to have since they play for teams that already have one very good PG ahead of them. With Centers, it's different but I don't think guys like Roy Hibbert, Kendrick Perkins or Dalembert are untouchable.
    I know, none of the listed guys would have put us over the top; but, for players like Rip or Tay you won't get CP3. So either you're lucky because a team wants to dump salary or you try to look at the long run and change the extremely unbalanced roster.
  15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

only TJ ford and Ramon sessions are PGs by skill, but not remarkable upgrade over stuckey . Rest of the folks are similar to stuckey -2/3 SG and 1/3 PG.

Devon harris trade demands automatically high 1st round pick( add players, etc).

also teams of your listed players have no interest in neither tay or rip due to various reasons.

the fact that buzzed boozer/amare'e stayed at home speaks in volumes how hard is to get good C/PF.
  16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

Hinrich, Ridnour, Calderon, Ford, Augustin and Harris are all true PG's. Stuckey is not a PG, not even in a way players like Jarett Jack are. I don't want to say that Stuckey is a bad player; he simply is no PG what so ever.
    The Pistons could have gotten Boozer last summer (I think for RIP or Tay), but JoeD refused. But you're right, a good big is hard to get. But it's not that difficult to get a decent PG and the Pistons need one pretty badly.
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

You guys are onto something here...this could turn into a valuable topic...
    first identifying the desirable PG's and Centers
    then recognizing the other teams potential strength at that position... for example could they replace the player via draft or excess FA $'s
    If the Nets land Wall then Harris is automatically available.
  18. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Easy call on this. It is TJ Ford all the way. Can lead a ball-club and at age 26 you can stretch a contract. Career: 6.2 assist, FT% .820, rebounds 3.3, and pts 12.2. Bynum as a backup. It is my understanding that Troy Murphy is on that team.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    He didn't just let BBen go. He threw $40-50M at him. Ben would've stayed if he was happy. With home discount.
    -
    LB knew he could rob the Knicks so he spit the Pistons bit.
  20. max

max All-Star

Thank You. Finally the truth is spoken about LB.