1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons All Over The News Regarding Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Feb 12, 2010.

1. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Pistons Still Searching For Big Man

[​IMG] The Pistons will likely be looking for a big man this offseason.

"I think we knew what our need was coming into the season," said guard Richard Hamilton.
    Detroit is a jump-shooting team without a presence in the middle.
    Ben Wallace has fit in nicely, but Kwame Brown, Charlie Villanueva, Chris Wilcox, Jason Maxiell and Jonas Jerebko aren't in a position to be a post presence at either end of the floor.
    Friday's loss was a perfect example of their struggles.
    After shooting 80% in the first quarter and scoring 29 points, the offense scored just 56 points over the final three quarters.

2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

CV is Sheed without D; and Sheed without D is almost worthless. I had big hopes in CV but he disapoointed this far. Still, I think he could do better - just like Sheed, he has the inside game, he simply doesn't want to play there but I don't know why.

3. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's not easy to bang, and work for position with your back to the basket. Not that Sheed doesnt have heart, because he showed alot of heart at times for the Pistons, but it's the fact that he is willing to not fight for that position, and face up at the three point line that shows lack of something inside. CV is the same way. And his lack of BB IQ that is really hurting him, I dont think he understands the game all that well at this point.

4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

his bball iq is another thing I noticed yesterday; CV is one of the few Pistons who doesn't realize when you have a surplus of players on the same side or in the same area. He also tends to try to set a pick when another player is already on his way to do so. It's the little things that make you notice that this guy obviously has weaknesses. He's good to provide a scoring punch of the bench, but he's not starter material. Too bad the Pistons have no cash and a very bad roster, this won't make it easy to get back on top with guys like CV, BG and Stuck as the core with years to come...

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I wasn't clear. I meant to say that this explains a lot about what happened with subsequent coaches. Both Flip and Curry never had the respect of the players.

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

=
    Flip whipped 55 wins average from them.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Why harp on these minor obstacles?