Pistons All-Time Opponent Index

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Jan 2, 2008.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Box scores from all games by opponent.

The link is to the Pistons - Celtics history. Go to the bottom of the page to select another opponent.

At the far right are the players the Pistons have played against for that specific opponent; i.e., in this case the Celtics.

It doesn't appear that the box scores of the playoff games are included but those can be found on basketballreference.com.

Each team page also has our largest margin of victory and loss games against that specific opponent.

Our worse loss to the Celtics ever in a regular season game was on Dec 24, 1960. We lost by 44 points 150-106. Our largest margin of victory against them of course was on Jan 31, 2003 by 52 points 118-66.

Box scores are not available for all games. It appears that he box scores for the Celtics games begin with the 86-87 season. I did not check box scores for games against other teams.

The Boston Celtics vs. The Detroit Pistons Team Powered By PistonsHistory.com

This link is the summary by opponent page. Click on the opponent and go to the detail.

Detroit Pistons All-Time Opponents Powered By PistonsHistory.com

Here is a link to the highest scoring Pistons game ever as well as the highest scoring NBA game ever, with written commentary and box score. I think that I posted this sometime back, but some may not have seen it.

ESPN.com: Page 2 : The big score

:hoops:
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Only 6 players in double figures for the Pistons in the game vs. the Nugs.
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

To me one of things amazing about that game was that only two guys, one on each team had double figures in rebounds.

You would think that in a game where over 250 shots were taken that more than two guys would have over 9 rebounds. As it was Laimbeer and English each only had 12 rebounds.

:hoops:
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Cavs are the only team that dates back to the 80's that the Pistons have really dominated, except in the playoffs. They have taken care of Grizzlies and Clippers too, but have been absolutely horrid vs Bill Russell's teams and their offspring.