1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons and free agents

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jul 1, 2010.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I've been calling it the herd instinct.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What it does is showcase what incredible boobs most of them are.

I have plenty of criticisms about how stingy Bill D was, but the man was a very shrewd businessman, who got as much out of been a penny pincher as anyone could.

3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

You know, I think Bynum is gonna get some good offers in FA. Teams have just been handing out bad contracts left and right to players that are making well more than what they're worth (Darko 5 yrs/20 million? Amir 6/34 million?). Dumars' signings last summer don't even seem that bad in comparison.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I hear ya and truthfully (deep down inside) I hope some OTHER team SHOWS HIM THE MONEY! I'd really like to see Will get a nice- set4life -contract, just don't want the Pistons to be the team to give it to him.

5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I'm with you there, bro. Our backcourt is too crowded as it is anyway. I'd rather the Pistons not spend any money this summer. Just pursue trades.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As long as he is above Kwame and the Collins brothers he may be good enough to share the load with Monroe.

7. pass99

I agree. Trades involving RIP, Tay, Max, and Wilcox get you front end help. Save the MLE for a quality PG. The Lakers got themselves a deal with Blake at 4/16mil so some value additions are possible.

Felton for me is not athletic enough and not worth the MLE where is currently at (5.5mil).

8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was a pleasure having Haywood on my fantasy basketball team last year. He was solid for points and rebounds every game and was one of the better shot-blockers in the league last year. You guys act like double-double big men shot-blockers grow on trees.

9. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Yep. Just not sure where.

10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep, only 4 guys averaged more than 9 boards and 2 blocks last season:
    Howard
    Bogut
    Camby
    Haywood

And surely his numbers would have been better had he not been in a timeshare with Dampier for half the season.

Not at that price. Unless we do a sign and trade with Dallas using Rip. :sssh:

13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We will do a sign and trade with Dallas, then we will sign Matt Barnes.

Also have a feeling with Lakers signing Blake, Joe may go after Jordan Farmar in a sign and trade with the Lakers.

14. pass99

Survivability will now be the ringing true for the next few years. You have to build in a certain (incremental) way. Much like Hammond is now doing with the Bucks and the pull he learned from the Piston's situation.

The big difference between the two for me is that JD falls in love and Hammond is ruthlessly analytical. The lower your market strength, the more analytical the push. Of course, a little communication helps smooth things out (personality-wise)...Langlois needs to get busy.

15. pass99

Not really. You can bet that the frenzy of over-paying has not played out.

Cuban will not let him go, since Centers around the league will be a long void over the next few years.

Some smart GM's (speaking of voids) will understand there are better ways to the finals. I like what Hammond is doing.

Looks like Jefferson might not make it here...oh well.

16. pass99

JD should be jumping all over Farmar. There is your MLE player. Give him a four year deal and your PG problems are solved. He is only 23 and had an anomaly year last season. One of the quickest and athletic PGs out there. He also has great range and a BenG/Farmar combo would be very tough for teams. You then can afford to bring Bynum and Stuckey off the bench...a very tough 4 man rotation for any team to handle.

17. Brap

Brap Starter

Haywood isn't getting enough respect around these parts. The guy is a good NBA center. He and Monroe, Ben Wallace, Maxiell, Summers and JJ would be a deep physical group of C's and PF's. It seems like we'd have to do a sign and trade to acquire him if he gets an offer more than the MLE, which he might.

18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

19. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Farmar/Gordon would be tough for teams? What teams? The Mad Ants? I thought this team valued defensive presence and offensive consistency. I'd hardly say a guy who hasn't shown the ability to run a team in his 4 years in the league solves any PG problems.

Haywood rightfully so is going to sell himself high in this market. We do need to find a legit big man in free agency though. 20-30 win teams rely on an over the hill Ben Wallace as their only proven big man.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It's funny how things like actually winning games in the league takes a back seat to whether a guy has averaged a double double or whatnot.

You'd think with 5's being in such short supply that teams that had one would have a distinct advantage over those that didn't. That hasn't been the case in Haywood's career though. We're just a few minutes from posting his per 36 mpg averages which of course he's never come close to playing because he's always split time with legends like Erick Dampier and Etan Thomas.