Pistons are interested in David Lee

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by explosivity, Jun 8, 2009.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bison Dele is the best user pic for long! Oh, and ye, I'd take Lee too. But he doesn't exactly solve our problems and needs a big that blocks shots next to him.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ding ding.

Actually I think it's worse. Both are probably a couple of inches shorter than listed. With Max the Pistons could start an all 6'6" team. All they need to do is replace Curry with Nellly and it would be a go.
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I do not think that there is a need to create threads based on daily rumors from newspapers...

it is logical to assume that JD with cap space explores every option, asks prices and so on. it is pretty safe to say that "Pistons is interested in every free agent and restricted FA;and explores every trade option".
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Neither do I but folks got nuthin else to do but speculate when our favorite team has been sidelined for almost six weeks and a team that we thought we could beat is actually playing in the finals.

Plus with the realization that our favorite team could possibly be worst next year, we are all hoping/dreaming/praying that Joe can pull a rabbit out of his hat with all of the possibilties out there.

So yep new threads are being created daily giving a new spin on the same subject matter, but it's all good right now and the forum was devleoped for opinions. I just can't wait until after draft day and then FA signing day when the real criticism and praise begin. :):stirthepot:
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Something surely happens during draft night but I do not expect 1st of July to be storming FA signing day: since most probably there arent many buyers and some above average value of goods are for sale, expect slow negotiation processes.
  7. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

definitely not a "soft" player.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I hate these spec articles. David Lee is not what we need at all. I realize the pool of FA's/available players sucks, but still.
  10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Good point. The free agent pool is far from great.

We can all have faith though, since Joe will be in the enviable position (because he is way under the cap) to be able to pull off any trade another team agrees to regardless of whether or not it works on "trade checker".

If Atlanta wants to trade Josh Smith for Kwame and the #15, Joe can do it.

If Portland wants to dump Frye for a second rounder and a picture of Amir eating cheerios....it's a done deal.

I started out looking at free agents exclusively early on in the year but our options go so far beyond that list it is very encouraging to me, as long as Joe is determined to get things done.
  11. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

I would be up for David Lee OR Paul Millsap, but not both. They are both PFs...and undersized at that.
  12. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Easy on the trade Amir talk! My bad, as long as it's just a picture........but not an autographed picture!!!!
  13. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

I would love to see David Lee in a Pistons uniform, he is a walking double-double and is still young and could improve even more. Don't know if it is possible, but I would like to see the frontcourt of David Lee - DeAndre Jordan - Ron Artest.
  14. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The only way Millsap and Lee could work at the 4 & 5 would be to have Artest at the 3...
  15. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

After watching some Lee footage on youtube I have to agree. He seems to lack the lateral quickness to defend against the more athletic PFs. If his D is ordinary against center's, it will be even worse against PFs. He'd be good for MLE money as a rotation guy, but not for anywhere near 10 mill and the bulk of minutes at the 4.

Even though I expressed opposition to this move in the past, after watching the slow footed Lee, I am not so against acquiring Amare for the right price, providing we acquire a genuine 5 like Gortat to play beside him.

Get Stuckey a decent J, and as some have mentioned in the past, Stuckey and Amare's 2-man game (aka pick n roll) could become devastating. Swap Gordon into the mix and even more so.

Acqiure Amare and Gortat, and we are maybe a piece away from being back in the hunt in the East for a few years to come.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think it would be great if the Pistons assigned the number 356 to him.
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Perfect!
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

lee (the poster not the player) would still bag on him for being too slow and taking minutes away from Amir.
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I've had the pleasure (or not) of watching him in person many times. He's like that guy who puts up stats and at the end of the game you sit there trying to figure out how he got them b/c he has so little impact. He's had occasional good games, but he's definitely not a starter on a title team.
  20. max

max All-Star

Thats the thing that makes me skeptical about getting guys on losing teams. If they were that good then why was their team that bad. Of course you cannot expect a "solid" player to make a huge impact but still.

At any rate he would be better than what we had last year.