Pistons At Bucks ~ November 26th, 2005

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

85-76

HEY, i called this one! Knew we had to go old skool, my bruddahs!!
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

he did!!!!

That's Sheed!:laugh: LOLOL, my bruddah!
  3. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Unexpected Pleasures

Flipper managed the bench nicely in the first half which undoubtedly preserved the starters well enough to git-er-done down the stretch.

I like the pick&roll with Chauncey and Sheed on the wing. It’s really cool watching them work it for alternate back to back treys.

Most important performance of the night was by Arroyo who probably played his best road game of the year. He was solid over a second quarter stretch the length of which is usually reserved for the Palace. The second unit tends to go as he goes.

Why didn’t the Bucks continue to go inside to Bogut. He was making good things happen for them. Must be the result of a young PG.

Sheed is very impressive. I honestly hope there are no KG trade discussions, just to see how this year works out for Sheed. He is meeting every expectation voiced over the summer. Last years version of RW would have picked up a technical during the Bogut offensive outburst. All Sheed did last night was say “gimme the ball “, and proceeded to give some of it back.

Anyone get the feeling that knee to knee hit on Dyess turned out to be another successfully passed psychological test. He was skying last night. Looking more and more like Ben on the shot blocks.
  4. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Wave

I think Flip agrees. At least, in his post game, he could not figure why DMC got only two blocks credited to him. He said that he had four on one play.

I have to agree, Ben alters a lot of shots, too, as does Sheed. Hell, everybody does, but give DMC some credit. He changed the game last night and for sure, had more than two blocks. I stayed up and watched that section again on the tube, and he more than doubled that two blocks. Easily. When the ball changes direction mid-air, and when it does not get out of the shooter's hands because the defender's hand stops it, that, my boy, is called a block :eyebrows: .
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

My observations

• First, I agree with everything Lee said. That's a first. :)
    • Darko was incredible last night and was robbed by the statisticians. His only weaknesses appear to be rebounding and offensive agression, but I'm fine with him just coming in and changing the game defensively for now. Dare I say that Darko set the tone inside defensively tonight. Our starters were allowing wayyyyy too many free passes to the basket until Darko came in altering shots like someone was talking about his momma.
    • Dice appears to be rounding back into form. It's about time! We missed ya big man.
    • Arroyo did a great job running the offense last night, but he still remains a liablitity on "D". Am I the only one that notices that every offensive play goes toward Arroyo the moment he enters the game? I'd like to see the second unit trap more to make up for Evans's and Arroyo's shortcomings on the defensive end.
    • Mo has really shown his value. Again, ball handling and defense against the 3 spot appear to be his only drawbacks. He's just too short. Mo has defended well against shooting guards though. We need Delfino in the game, like Bballj has continuously lobbied for.
    • Our rebounding has to improve. When the guards help out the bigs on the boards we are a much more effective rebounding unit. Our bigs also need to attack the boards with more intensity early on. For most of the first quarter our team seemed really flat footed. I'm not used to the oppositon getting second opportunities on our first unit regardless of Milwaukee's top offensive rebounding ranking this year.
    • Bogut looked impressive. What a difference a couple of games make. He took it to the Detroit defense and had reasonable success. Not bad, young fella. Not bad at all.
    • I can't wait for our rematches against Dallas and Washington!
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

I have to disagree. I saw Bogut put some wicked moves (and score) on both Ben and Rasheed. Can't say I've seen anything like that from Darko.

The blocks were very impressive, though. I was out of my seat for a few of those.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I also have to disagree with Darko/Bogut as per bball jay. I posted a week or so ago in the rookie thread that Bogut is very mature, and very tough.

Darko has more upside but Bogut is much further along right now.
  8. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Darko -vs- Bogut

Prince -vs- Melo revisited.
    Defense -vs- Offense :frusty:

Just one question. Which of you will be WolverineGreat ?
    Go ahead boys, let the fur fly. :laugh:
  9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko's outside game is much better than boguts. also darko can drive better than bogut. darko is also a better passer in my opinion. bogut may have the better post game at this point. i think bogut gets the benefit of being on the court very often and being the focus of the offense so of course you would see him make good moves more often than you would see darko.

i remember the atlanta game that was the one game that darko was aggressive offensively. that's the game that showed me darko was the truth. he was hitting from outside and doing hooks in the post. darko has offensive game i think he just needs a green light. right not he is just letting tay and dice do the scoring.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Blocks

I'm not disputing that someone screwed up the block total. My point is that the stat guy is provided by the NBA, not some schmoe hired by the home team.
  11. max

max All-Star

Bogut/Darko

Bogut is also 7 months older than Darko.

Its a long season. As it goes on Darko should start bring more things that he has been working on in practice the past 2 seasons onto the court.

Deflino should start getting more time and I would not be surprised to see Maxiel make an impact. Lot of things can and will happen between now and April. You know someone is going to hit somekind of a milestone or whatever.
  12. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I'm still not entirely clear on the setup, but here's an article for those interested:

http://compuserve.nba.com/celtics/inside/CTS-ScoreTable.html
  13. JustinSane

JustinSane Second Round Draft Pick

Saunders said "The guy here", which implies the statistician stays at the location. This makes sense; I doubt the league pays for plane tickets to rotate the stats guys. Does the NBA pay the scorekeeper's salary, or does the team? I don't know. Either way, it is a hometown scorekeeper who works every game for the same team. Bias can be expected. I've seen nothing to indicate that the league hires them. The only statistics directly affecting the outcome of the game are score, timeouts and time on the clock. Probably the officials monitor those and no one cares overly about the rest.

Edit: LanierFan, thank you for finding that article. Very interesting read.
  14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I wonder if there is a review process after the game... where they can adjust stats.
    In baseball errors get changed on the fly... Hockey routinely changes assists and goals... but you don't hear about the NBA changing final stats (at least I can't recall)
  15. max

max All-Star

Good Idea

They really should.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yes, the league can adjust stats

A team just has to send in a request to the league and ask them to review tape on something.
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

This new color makes me feel like...

...I just sold my B&W Tv in 1972 and I am watching the wizard of Oz!!:eyebrows:
    Anyway, Flip said today- again- he's gotta keep D&D out there . We'll see...all i want is 12-15 for each...I guess we need an injury, cause our first 6 to 8 are just too good!..my bruddahs!