1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons At Cavaliers ~ February 27th, 2006

Discussion in 'February 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons At Cavaliers
    February 27th, 2006 ~ 7:00pm
    Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
    TV: TV20 and NBALP
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your Comments?
    ~~

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'll go Pistons 89
    KingJ 35
    Cavs 50

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i have a feeling this will be very close. 88-85 pistons

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

here we go again :) 95-86 pistons

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

who else has the feeling that ilgauskas will have a little extra insentive for tonight's game? the cleveland crowd will be in it, and the cavs players will want revenge.

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

98-90 Pistons.

Chauncey's shooting woes will come to an end at the right time. Look for him to will the Pistons to a victory here.

7. bdubya

bdubya Second Round Draft Pick

After last night, this one's gonna have playoff intensity. Bench will need to bring the D when they're in; think Delfino can keep James from going off too bad? :fingerscr

8. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Oh you can feel it, This game will be a hard fought game and I get the feeling that what I thought about yesterdays game will happen tonight at the Q. The Cavs are in desperate straights they have in the back in their minds what has happen in the last two years in the 2nd half of the season.

Detroit in recent has not played well in Cleveland and I would like for them to come out and take the heart of the Cavs. Cleveland always on the other hand play well at home agains't the Pistons. Yesterdays game Detroit bullied Cleveland all game and road it to the win. Cleveland missed alot of open jumpers that may fall tonight so I'm looking at an energy game tonight that Cleveland may pull out. My perdiction for this game I have the Pistons pulling this out 95-92 .

I never had a bad feeling about this game so I think our boys will pull it out.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i'm expecting tayshaun to have a big game tonight. lebron played horrible D on him yesterday and left him open, but tay didn't take advantage of his open shots. i'm looking for him to hit those shots tonight.

10. linwood

linwood All-Star

Looking forward to this one. I saw the Friday night game in Chicago. I was wearing my Pistons hat, and the locals wanted me to give the Bulls props for not getting slaughtered. It looked like the return of the defense and the fullcourt press. It seemed to really frustrate the Bulls.

Sounds like the Defense was back at the Palace on Sunday, as well.

11. G-man

G-man Starter

Ref's call it very tight from the opening whistle and the Pistons run away with it early in 4th, win by 13..

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Can't wait to hear the crowd react when Sheed touches the ball.

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

14. max

max All-Star

Pistons win - by another 12 pack.

Amusing hearing their announcer talking about a "grudge" game. For those who enjoy watching a finely tuned veteran team win this was a good one.

15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like the fact that Flip has been using his bench a bit more lately. Even DD has been seeing some minutes.

Maybe we've all been wrong about Flip. Maybe he was just messing with us, not using his bench. Early April fools prank perhaps? :P

16. DetTitan

DetTitan Second Round Draft Pick

Pistons showed tonight that they are not to be toyed with. Rip hit big shots down the stretch, and Chauncey took care of the ball, found rip, and hit the game sealing shot. They showed composure when early on it appeared they had none with the T's. To win back to back games against the Cavs and LBJ is truly a great feat.

They showed the Pacers the other night what they can do when they turn it on, and it improves my confidense in the team come playoff time that they will be able to go out and beat these teams in a night in night out basis.

17. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

I think we are really showing something at this stage. We are beating the best competition our division can give us. Pacers, cavs twice now. Oh yea and the Bulls.

we are rollin :heh:

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Damon Jones is so "brokeback mountain"! 2 games, 45 minutes , 0 for 7 shots and 0 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so hate him so!!!!!:laugh:

19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wow, nice call.

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pistons could not be denied. LeBron has a long way to go before the MJ comparisons should take place. MJ fought the Pistons for 4 years before he got his shot at the title. LeBron hasn't even made the playoffs yet...

Great defense. As ugly as Hunter is on offense (that part of his game is intact), he just seems to key everything on defense. He instantly changes the tempo of the game once he hits the floor. Although some folks like to overlook hustle, Lindsey's bounce off of LeBron to maintain possession was an important play. Hunter never gives up even if things seem futile.

Tayshaun in a disappearing act on offense again (put some weight on boy!), but he did make timely defensive plays and seemed to get into LeBron's head in the 4th.

Refs tried to hold the Stones back, but they couldn't. I kinda like the whining. I'd just like to see Flipstone do a little more of it to take the pressure off of the starters.

Sheed is so talented. He's still the key to winning a title. When he raises his game, he's probably our best player.

Kudos to Flip for trusting Rip to win the game, calling 2-Chest variants over and over because the Cavs had no answer down the stretch.