Pistons At Cavaliers ~ February 27th, 2006

Discussion in 'February 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

in case no one else noticed, the pistons held the cavs to 9 points in the 4th quarter
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Nice analysis guys (damn nobody to argue with :^)...
    Micro, I was trying to think of a PG that has scored on Lindsey yet... I'm sure it's happened... but ya know that's a good sign.

I will always maintain that Prince would be a better fit playing mostly at SG... he generally struggles against the physical SF's... and there's a lot of them in the East.... he expends a lot of energy trying to keep them out of the blocks (rubber legs)...
    I'll have to give up the dream of Harrington at SF & Tay backing up both positions.... You can imagine how Tay would post up SG's...he plays a lot of SG's on defense anyways.
    It won't get any easier for him on Wednesday if he's matched up against Ruben Patterson.

The officiating hit an all time low tonight... they were determined to call a one sided game.... I'm starting to think there's some truth to something coming down from the league office about the Pistons whining.
  4. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

n e 1 know if there is video of Sheed laughing at the Illguaskas shove?
  5. DetTitan

DetTitan Second Round Draft Pick

The thing to look at about the Pistons whining, is to look at Flip vs. the other coaches in the league. Compared to the other coaches, Flip is the most mild mannered coach ever. He is rarely barking at coaches unless the call is totally obvious. Some coaches are on the ref the entire game. If the coach does this, the players don't really have an excuse to do the same thing. Of course the past couple of years LB was on the officials every single stinking play, and the players still argued a fair amount, but probably not as much as this year. Flip is a mild mannered coach and I believe that helps the Pistons, and hopefully the league sees that and will take away some of those undeserved techs.
  6. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm glad that sometimes dirty game was won.
    Interesting detail from nba.com

Billups had 15 points and 12 assists and Ben Wallace swept 12 boards for Detroit, which shot just 38 percent (33-of-87), was beaten on the boards (42-39) and outscored in the paint (36-20) and in second-chance points (17-12) - and still won rather easily.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You defense only people had to love these 4 last games; putting the screws to Cavs even worse. I think LH still knows how to run an O LB style.
    Total pts.= 157, my call 174
    himat goes inside and wins!
    nice call on the spread G-
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It is just so much more demoralizing for a team like the Cavs to lose by getting outmuscled than to lose by getting out-shot. The Pistons are playing more of a playoff style recently. It is good to know that they haven't forgotten.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yes it has, the O is still fluid, and the D has kept teams in the mid 80's for a while now.