Pistons At Nuggets ~ March 1st, 2006

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons At Nuggets
    March 1st, 2006 ~ 9:00pm
    The Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
    TV: Local Only
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your Comments?
    ~~

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

tayshaun needs to force carmelo to gaurd him. tay didn't do that to lebron, but luckily his D helped us win. if he plays good on both sides we should win. pistons 97-84.

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree. As far as I know, Melo isn't really known as a lockdown defender, so Tay should be able to start working his way out of his slump.

4. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

This is a sleeper game, where on paper Detroit should beat this team. Detroit is coming of an impressive home away sweep of the Cavs, and Denver is coming of an dreadful lose to the Bucks of all teams.

Keys to the game: The Pistons need Tay to get off the pony and lite a fire under his butt. Tay will be gaurding Melo and if he can hold him to his average or less than Detroit will be fine. Last years game in Denver was a route by the Nuggets but it was after the brawl and the Pistons were not playing any ball at that time. This game will be hard fought and the Pistons are coming in focused and ready to pile up the W's.

My perdictions in this game look for the Pistons D to lock up the flow of the game 93-81. CB will have a double double 19-10.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

This is a team we should nut up on. But with CB at home he could be distracted. Karl can coach and Kenyon will bring it - they'll try and sniff blood. We should beat these cats with our arrogence alone.
    90 - 88 Pistons

6. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

I hope that Delk can get 5-10 minutes tonight.

:fingerscr

7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Yes, I hope that Tayshaun will bring it all tonight and work his way out of his slump. He needs to show Carmelo why the Pistons didn't take him.

I will not get to see the game but I will look forward to everybody else telling me about it.

I just realized that I need to change my avitar. I had forgotten. When I have time, I will change it. Nothing like a red flag waving in front of the bulls.

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

To-neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Delk!!

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

10. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

this game really pissed me off. i'm not one of those that cares whether we win it with brilliant o in a high scoring game or with smash mouth d in a low scoring one. but i hate those games where the other team brings all the energy and all the pistons look like they're stoned or hung over. even ben and lindsay, who can usually be counted to bring intensity (that can often be infectious) didn't bring it. and where was tay? sheed? chauncey's 3 pt shooting was about the only positive thing in this game. i don't wanna see another one like this ever again. :mad: :frusty: :P :doh: :sick:

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Denver is a good team. Sorry, not a good team, but an excellent collection of athletes.

Camby matches up well inside, Boykins always gives us fits, and K-Mart is very good and annoying when he goes off.

The Ps would have had a chance to win it, but I really felt like Chauncey kept trying to put on a show for the home town. Some of those late 3rd, and 4th quarter trey attempts were really suspect.

I saw Mr. Big Head chiding Mo Evans early in the game, but that only goes so far when CB was unable to get the offense organized down the stretch. His 4th quarter ball handling has all but disappeared since just before the All-Star game. I've never seen him lose his handle that many times, let alone in consecutive matches.

Oh well, Seattle should get all they could ask for Friday night. I think Flip is starting to assert himself, and practice tomorrow should be intense.

Maybe the Nugs just have our # this year. Maybe Mr. MVP should learn how to run a fast break. Not happy, but it's one loss to a team we will probably never see again this season.

Oh, and Tayshaun, Tayshaun, Tayshaun, when the light is brightest, it's time to shine my man. It's Hero Time. Carmello had the last laugh tonight. More so than that big goofy kid K-Mart.

12. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

I think Denver is one of those teams that can surprise you when you're unfamiliar with them. It's a matter of solving their fastbreak and defending those alley oops better. Both can be done, and there's a great chance this team gets upset in the 1st round. But just like last year, they'll look unstoppable after the first game.

Carmello looked as good as he's ever looked against Detroit. Man, I wish we had one player that could get to the hole half as well as Carmello can. That's the one truly bland thing about our team - their lack of one-on-one ability. (yes, Anthony could be a Piston right this very moment. I'm aware).

I still hate Kenyon Martin. The game of basketball is insulted when he drains treys like that. What a clown. Truly. Brings back memories of the Nets. Man, rarely does a team come along like that Nets team...just a purely despicable team.

The Nuggets made Detroit look very beatable tonight. Unfortunately we're seeing that the Pistons can be out worked and out jumped.

13. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Denver would not score 80 points on us if it were a playoff game. They can play some defense but their offense is weak. We played no D and did not scout their loop plays to boot. I hate giving up a game to SA--that is what bothers me. Rip still gets too frenetic at times when someone like Patterson gets into him.

Before we all get carried away with Delfino, his shot is not yet developed as a young player. And, what is with Tay? But did we get outhustled tonight....

I wouldn't get carried away with Melo. We blocked him time and again at the hoop. Martin played way over his head....

14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

a 'woops' game. we don't match up well with denver and thankfully won't have to see them again

15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I didn't see this one or follow it online as this pesky PhD I'm doing is starting to get in the way. Gazing at the box score, I see Tay didn't do a lot on offense. I hope Prince is planning on ratcheting it up for the playoffs. Another poor shooting night from him. Also, the rebounding disadvantage was substantial. Camby was the Windex Man last night. Looks as if the third quarter was the undoing for Detroit. Is McDyess OK? Is he, like some on detnews.com, going through Arroyo Withdrawal?

16. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I have noticed that Dice struggles against his former teams. First NYK, now Denver. He was missing a lot of his usual shots and missed at least 2 layups. I don't know why we never post him up though. I guess it's just Flip's fear of actually scoring on something other than 20 footers and threes.

17. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Dice has trouble getting his shot off when he goes against younger guys of his size. Put a live, big body against him such as Martin and he starts pump-faking his layups, fading on his jumper and doing all sorts of stuff that has me screaming at the TV. It's like his knee is telling him, "Remember when we could jump like that?"

I agree with MW that Chauncey was playing to the hometown folks. Overall Denver reminded me of the Trailblazers from a couple years ago--a bunch of aggressive, emotional athletes who get up for Detroit and pull the Pistons into a bad style.

18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I HATE losses like that one. Got outrebounded drastically. NO points in the paint. Got killed by high- flying Martin. The rebounding problem should be taken serious it starts to become our weakness- we haven't been crashed on the boards for the first time last night.
    Tay's slump is holding on for a very long time. I was worried it would turn out like that- playing great and promising in the final year of the contract and then becoming average material.

19. vthomp

You look at the 10 loses that the pistons suffered this year and the Box score is the same all over. Points in the paint, rebounding, and energy. THe same story for each of the loses. One thing that I really didn't like was the 3rd qrt in the first 9 mins it was obvious that the starters did not have it and their was still no subs, and it became to much to over come.

This lose was not as bad, but being outrebounded 55-39 will always equate to a lose. You never want to start a west coast tour with a lose like that because it gives the rest of the teams a model on how to beat you, and with the Pistons if you send 4 guys to crash the boards you will get the rebound because our guards are horrible rebounders, and if Sheed head is not into it he is no good on the boards.

with two games left I think the Pistons can get but they will be much tougher than I originally thought they would be. I thought they would go 3-0 on this trip but to come out 2-1 is okay but they have to beware of the energy factor in these next two games. GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!

20. vthomp

You look at the 10 loses that the pistons suffered this year and the Box score is the same all over. Points in the paint, rebounding, and energy. THe same story for each of the loses. One thing that I really didn't like was the 3rd qrt in the first 9 mins it was obvious that the starters did not have it and their was still no subs, and it became to much to over come.

This lose was not as bad, but being outrebounded 55-39 will always

Correction 59-35 even worse OMG!!!!