Pistons At Pacers ~ March 24th, 2006

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

2. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

And these pics are not a true indication of the depth of the Pacers lineup. No Artest, maybe JO? And Sarunas definitely will be contibuting off the bench. Not sure whether AJ will be starting by then either.
  3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

The Pacers starting lineup Wednesday was Anthony Johnson-Stephen Jackson-Peja Stojakovic-Jeff Foster-David Harrison, with Tinsley, Granger, and O'Neal coming off the bench. As for the "Sarunas definitely will be contributing off the bench", well, all of that came true except the "definitely will be contributing off" part. Jasikevicius has fallen out of the rotation for generally sucking.
  4. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

Had you even looked at the date of the post, you would have known the pics. Truth about Sarunas, though.
  5. max

max All-Star

The Stats are current.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This Just In...

I hate the Pacers.
  7. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

with Dallas' loss last night, and the spurs loss on Wednesday night, we've got an opportunity to create a little breathing room with a win tonight.

there's no question that we are the better team and should be able to win even on their home floor. but obviously the pacers are motivated (they hate us too, and they are still jockeying for playoff position: big difference between playing NJ in the first round and Miami), they always play us tough, and their defensive intensity will help create a playoff style tempo and atmosphere.

all in all, the game presents a superb opportunity for the Pistons to build on what they did in the 2nd half against Miami, to develop some of the facets of their game they'll need come playoff time, and to send a message to EC foes that nobody really has a chance against us in the EC playoffs.

Now we'll see if they actually show up to capitalize on the opportunity...
  8. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We really need to win this game.

First, make it a statement game to J O'Neal. Let him understand that he just cannot say stuff on national tv that he like their chances playing us in the playoffs. In addition, a win for Pistons will indirectly letting O'Neal know that the only way that the Pacers can beat us is to play without him (since the only time they beat us this season is without him).

Second, a loss for the Pacers means that it may eventually pushes their seeding to 7th in the conference. If it happens, it means they will play the Heat in the 1st round. Even if the Pacers can't beat the Heat, at least they will play them tough throughout the series. It may take 6-7 games to decide the winner. Then, Heat have to face the other bogey team, the Nets in the ECSF. The Nets always play them tough. Another series that might go to 6-7 games. By then, the Heat especially Shaq will get be so tired to face the Pistons.

ECF, Pistons to beat Heat in 5 games if Heat have to go thru Pacers and Nets. Pistons in 6 if the Heat go thru other teams.

Back to this game, as usual, keep them off the offensive boards and play DETROIT BASKETBALL DEFENSE, we shall win this game pretty easy.
  9. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

This game will have the same intensity we saw in the wednesday game with Miami. I think the Pistons will have more energy in this game than the last time they played in Indy.

Last game in Indy was on the 2nd night of a back to back, and in the 2nd half Detroit tanked it and Indy rode their energy to a win. I do look forward to seeing German play and see how both teams Match up in a intense battle. This game will be close and the first team to 80 or 90 will win this game.

I think this game of course is much bigger for the Pacers, and it will show guys will come out playing with a bunch of energy and will jump on the Pistons early, it will level out and I expect Detroit to pull this one out in the end. The team who rebounds better might decide the game, the Pistons can't allow the offensive boards to be taken away again, so I have the Pistons 89 Indy 84.

GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I would love to see J.O held to under 10 points and a double digit victory. That would be SOOOO satisfying!
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I aint studding Oneal because he's the most overrated player in the league. What has he done? Has he ever been the difference in any game he ever played against us? All we had to worry about was Artest and reggie goin off. Tinsley is the biggest sissie in the league and he fears Chauncey. I'm dying to see the Pacers in a series. The game tonight means nothing ...except to stay up on the Spurs...
    Great loss by the Mavs last night. They have only 2 more losses to spare cause we aint losing 18 games this year, my bruddah!:fingerscr
  12. jammertime

I caught most of the Dallas game last night. Man, what a finish! Dallas is a solid team, and they were playing without several key guys.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

jAM. i'm probably the only black man that knows u use the montreal Canadians logo. I grew up watching a lot of "Hockey Night in canada" on CBC and my favorite players were 'The Flower' and Larry Robinson. I was also a big Steve Shutt fan...How ya like me now, Jack?:popcorn: :yo:
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Open da Chatttttttttttttttttttt!!! LOL!:laugh:
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

16. roscoe36

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

There i gooooooooooooooooooo
  18. roscoe36

The game is on, CHATTERS, WHERE ARE YOU ???!!!
  19. jammertime

Awesome!

When I was little, my father used to ask me "What does Guy Lafleur do?" and I'd respond "He shoots, he scores!".

I'm a bit younger. My all-time favourite Hab is Patrick Roy. It was a sad, sad day when he was shelled by Detroit and then demanded a trade. Looks like history is repeating itself with Theodore being dealt the the very same Avs.
  20. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Jeez, we have got to get something in the paint. 6 Pistons - 32 Pacers as of 6:03 left in the fourth.

:doh:

Can't complain about anything else coz we're winning.

Delfino 7 points and 2 rebounds and 11+ minutes and counting.