Pistons Bench

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Sep 3, 2005.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Hey...thanks to you! Your signature reminded me of one of my favorite Carlin bits. I thought briefly about the 7 words you can't say on TV, but figured it would look pretty dumb in % marks :decision:
  2. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

We took a step back last year. The first year with LB, he thought we took a step back, letting Cliff and Barry go. I am lookinf forward to the new regime. There are going to be a lot of people watching. I believe that we will be successful early on, but I hope that success does not make Flip nervous.
  3. betelgeuse

betelgeuse Second Round Draft Pick

I'm anxious how Flip is going to ba able to put everything together. We seem to be very deep on paper. For one we have the best and deepest frontline in the NBA (4 former all-stars in Ben, Sheed, Dice and Dale all playing the forward-center spots).

Here's how I see it:

1.) We still have a great starting 5
    2.) We have 3 vets coming off the bench who can play solid minutes (Dice, Hunter, Davis)
    3.) We just signed an up and coming player in Maurice Evans who can finally help Tayshaun put under control guys like Wade, Manu, etc.
    4.) We have 3 talented young guys (Arroyo, Delfino, Darko) each with their own unique talents who could develop into solid contributors given the chance.
    5.) We just drafted 2 rookies (Acker and Maxiell) who seem to be steady and figure to be solid and contribute in the next few years
    6.) We took on a nice project in Amir who has a lot of upside. He's very athletic and very long and has a lot of growing to do. Great for the future Pistons.

And that's a great 15 players to have on your roster. A great blend of vets and youth, athleticism, length and finesse. I love this team!

I just don't know how Flip is going to put it all together. Our team looks really good. Going after the championship and helping his young guns grow into basketball men? God help Flip. Although some fans are still anxious about the absence of "shooters", I like what Joe Dumars said, that not all of your needs can be brought in from the outside some of it has to be met by growing it internally.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

Maxiel

I think this guy might be a steal for the Pistons. Just watched some highlights, and I can't believe this guy. A monster for sure.

Maybe I should be the first to start a JMax supergenious I-told-you-so club. I don't think I'm the first to be excited about Maxiel, but I might be the first to call for the latest rookie club. Do I dare put that kind of pressure on the young Piston...