Pistons Camp notes

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Well said sir.

And only CB has stepped up to Flip`s defense if I am not mistaken.

Correct. If you want to call that a defense, we all know he is Flip`s boy.
  2. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

It's funny to me how flip can be accused of letting the team do whatever it wants and they get the best record in francise history on one hand,but when they fail to make the finals it was flip playing more offense than D, playing the starters to many minutes,and poor coaching on the other.... Sounds crazy huh! And there are plenty of Centers that can score on Shaq Dampier,Yao,Odom,and Amare' just to name a few. Oh yeah Wade has blown every defense theory out of the water by getting sent to line "97" times that's just sick, and Miami's starting 5 can all score- [all]
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What is the goal of this team? Is it to win in the regular season and flame out in the post-season? Is it to field the most all-stars from a single organization?

According to Joe, the goal is the same this year as it was the last year: TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!

Right now, its our time. We have the talent. Once that window of opportunity closes you can go back to celebrating wins and playoff appearances.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Sat, Oct 7, 2006 at 2:52 PM
    Chris McCosky - Weblog
    Bumps and Bruises

The Pistons had their first minor injuries of the preseason on Saturday. Dale Davis, who has been one of the best players in camp thus far, strained his left hamstring. Rob Griffin, free agent shooting guard from Belleville, dislocated the ring finger on his left, non-shooting, hand. Both players are listed as day to day, though the Pistons will probably be very cautious with the 37-year-old Davis.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Crap. I can't believe Rob Griffin is already injured.
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

There goes the season.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Pistons notebook: The Pistons did not practice Sunday. They flew to Puerto Rico for their first exhibition game, a matchup with defending NBA champion Miami. The game is Tuesday night in San Juan.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I find it interesting that our D-League coach came here to talk with Blalock... so this coach is Mo McHone a former Pistons assistant.
    Is it possible that we could influence that teams direction (plays or how to use our youngsters)?
  9. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

That was the fastbreak guru Gentry hired, right? We can't find someone more meat-and-potatoesish to coach that team, or is it not our choice?
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Not our choice.

The team has ownership independent of the NBA clubs. It's a major problem with the D-League system IMHO.
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 1:54 PM
    Chris McCosky
    Pregame notes Weblog

Anybody going to watch the Pistons tonight? Going head to head with the Tigers, Pistons television guys aren't exactly expecting a ratings coup. For those who are tuning in, though, get ready to see large doses of Flip Murray, Nazr Mohammed and Carlos Delfino. Flip Saunders is going to give them all the time they need to find their comfort zone. Expect the starters to play 20 to 25 minutes max. Dale Davis won't play. His hammy is still tight.
    Watching Nazr Mohammed at shoot-around today. I was transfixed. He spent about 20 minutes taking entry passes from Dave Cowens and working on one post-up move after another. I thought to myself, man, when is the last time I saw a Pistons big man working, I mean really working, on his low-post game? Been a while. When Mohammed signed, a lot of people from San Antonio and other places said Mohammed would frustrate us because he has a good post game, good moves and a nice touch on his shot, but he has bad hands. So many times he was rendered ineffective because he couldn't catch the entry pass. Pistons coaches thus far have been pleased. They say he works hard on it and has been very efficient in the block. That's another thing to look for tonight -- you know, between innings.
    Chauncey Billups has a new tatoo. I don't usually notice or write about tats, but I thought this one was pretty cool. His whole back is inked with faces and facts about his wife and children with the tag, "My family is my backbone." Pretty neat.

DETNEWS | Weblog | Pistons
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

cHAUNCEY MUST AVERAGE 22 AND 8 FOR US TO MAKE IT TO cONFERENCE fINALS....a first team All-Pro type year!
  14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer