Pistons/Cavs Preview - Series Overview

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 21, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Series Overview

mikhail1973

Pistons should be able to come up on top as long as they can keep themselves motivated. Game 1 is obviously important and Pistons need to make a statement showing who is the boss. If they play their game they should be able to win this in 5 or 6.

Series Winner: Detroit

adpreston1988

I'm going to pick the Pistons over the Cavs in 6 games. I wouldn't be surprised if we win in 5 games, but I would be very surprised if it goes 7 games (like last year). The Pistons let the Bulls series get out of their hands and are more focused now not to throw games away. This, plus the fact they want to make a statement for last year's series agains the Cavs that should've gone 4-5 games too. They don't want to repeat last year's series against the Cavs, which might have cost them the series against the Miami Heat. The Pistons want to win the whole thing this year for Webber and McDyess so they won't want to prolong this series more than they have to.

I see the Pistons winning their first 2 home games, the Cavs winning game 3, the Pistons going up 3-1 by winning game 4, and then losing at home in game 5 (like they did against the bulls) and then closing the series out on the road in game 6, which the Pistons love to do.

Dumars4Ever

Games 4 and 5 in the second round gave us an unpleasant reminder of how "the switch" can still flip back to off at a moment's notice with the Pistons. And we got more than enough of that last year against this very team in the playoffs. But I think the focus will consistently be there this series, at least consistently enough to wrap it up without going longer than necessary.

Pistons in 5.

linwood

Pistons in 6 because Magic Air James walks his way to a couple of victories.

bezeach

The Cavs rely on James every game while the Pistons get contributions from a balance of all five starters. The Cavs have trouble winning when nobody but James steps up. The inconsistency of the Cavs will be the reason why the Pistons will win this series, in 5 games.

st8ofmind

Here's how the people who do this for a living have it...

CLEVELAND WINS IN 4 or 5 GAMES+1200
    CLEVELAND WINS IN 6 GAMES+800
    CLEVELAND WINS IN 7 GAMES+650

DETROIT WINS IN 4 GAMES+630
    DETROIT WINS IN 5 GAMES+200
    DETROIT WINS IN 6 GAMES+380
    DETROIT WINS IN 7 GAMES+240

And as Sheed might say "These cats know what they talkin' bout."

In their eyes Detroit has a better shot of sweeping than losing in 7, I disagree on that as I believe Bron and the zebras will get at least 1.

My thoughts

05% chance Detroit in 4
    20% chance Detroit in 5
    50% chance Detroit in 6
    20% chance Detroit in 7

Detroit in 5 or 6....

Dlev59

Game 1 is huge. The Pistons will come out blazing. I look for Rip to have a very good series and for Tay to continue his all around solid effort and provide that new found leadership. The Pistons need to squash any confidence the Cavs may have. This is their first ECF with Lebron, they are probably excited just to be there. Pistons should let them know immediately - this is OUR TIME.

One series away from the Finals, I don`t see Detroit`s intensity or focus waning.

Lebron is going to get away with some calls by the refs, the Pistons can`t let that take them out of their game.

Barring a serious injury or two to the Pistons I don`t see any way the Cavs could win this series.

Detroit in 5 games.

Maverick

Detroit will hold serve at home, and then lose 1-2 on the road to come back and take the series in 5 games. Lebron will win one on sheer star power. But the Cavs have no answerr on defense for Detroit and only LeTravel on offense. I don't see the possibility of the Cavs winning more than one game.

I do think the Cavs will attempt to get physical with the Pistons in the hopes of getting in our heads. I don't see this working and the Cavs will pay for it with whistles.

dba

If the Pistons have been watching the Spurs, they know it's going to take everything they have and some luck to win it all if they make the finals. They also know how badly letting the Cavs back into the series last year hurt them. If they want another banner, now is the time to step up. I think they know that too. It will all come down to the boards. No boards, no rings. This year, I don't think the Cavs can beat them twice. Once surely, but four to one is how it will end.

BillLaimbeer

Get out the brooms. I'm feeling a sweep. Pistons are heading back to the NBA Finals after 4 more games. I think Detroit learned the hard way last year how to stop LeBron and Co. This year, they seem to be more prepared (physically, mentally, bench, coach, etc.). Look for the Pistons to get some production out of a new face this series.