1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons Close To Signing Sharp & Will Bynum & Ron Artest News

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 21, 2008.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I'll help you out with the analogy...

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Originally Posted by LA Dre [​IMG]
    Bottomline is I love my old trusty SUV, but if the ugly Hybrid going to improve my gas mileage, then I should consider it?:sssh: If I had the time I could think of a better analogy......:)
    I'll help you out with the analogy...

Quote:
    Bottomline is I love my old trusty SUV, but if the illegally modified Honda Civic with bad brakes, bald tires, and a leaky gas tank gets me a much better zero to sixty, then I should consider it? :sssh:

__Thanks Lurker________________ great avatar too:)

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I fail to see how the potential was there with a known playoff choker coach . . If anything our potential just shot up 100 points.

------------------

Poor misunderstood Ron Artest. I hate how people gloss over things because ppl are famous or talented. If he were a normal person, he would be a criminal in jail for assault.

4. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

You are watching a different team than me if you think emotions didn't effect his effort. Game 6 = 4 points.........4 points!

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

C'mon Ron, computer time is over at the psycho ward. Don't make me call the orderlies with the straitjacket.

Round, your post was music to my ears. I don't even recognize what team's forum this is sometimes lately. Wow.

I think Sheed's skill set doesn't shine in the type of game that Flip Saunders coaches. I'm interested in seeing if he will settle down a little more in Curry's system.

6. LA Dre

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I guess that's true, but i never believed they could win with Flip at all.
    -----
    It could go either way, but i'm optimistic in the message. How that message is applies/translated remains to be seen

8. LA Dre

Me either after they loss to Miami in 06, but since we had a history of letting go coaches who won 50+ games, Joe had to stick with Flip..:yellowprison:

9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

The current squad is now thoroughly dominated by the personality of Sheed. He is entirely internal and does not and can not, evolve the whole team. A lot of weight rides on that "55" Cadillac. Big bumper, and a lot of reflective chrome. A four barrel carb and a high compression "8" will now suck you try on cruise control. Do you want and can you afford the effortless of cruise control?

10. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

YouTube - Ron Artest "Fever"

I actually didn't realize how deep he is into the rap thing. I figured it was probably terrible. This is well produced and if I didn't know who he was, it wouldn't stand out to me as bad at all.

Also, this is a pretty good look at his personality as he interviews Kobe.
    YouTube - Kobe Bryant + Ron Artest

12. pass99

Of course, Rick is all-over the Internet. Another career jump, another chance. Let us not overlook that aged, static image. People change, adapt (or not adapt) and migrate toward different levels of reactive experience. The obviousness of THE physical destination advances regardless of cultural placement.

Always worry about duplication.

...take high abstracted man alone; and he seems a wonder, a grandeur and a woe. But, from the same point ,take mankind in the mass, and for the most part, they seem a mob of unnecessary duplicates. ...

'Moby Dick", Herman Melville

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Ron Artest told me he was a rap superstar and doing "big things" :sssh:

I'd click the link, but i'm scared. I heard the interview though. My first thought was Wow, he really wants to join the Lakers . . .

14. pass99

No, no no! Don't be scared, it's a "man" thing. We don't worry about survivability; it's your thing!

15. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

16. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

The video you linked to shows Artest getting ejected and celebrating on his way off the floor. So of course his team was so inspired by his enthusiasm, and the way he goes full throttle, plays physical and chippy, and is a very good teammate on the court, and fouls on the drive like some mysterious bear with asterisks in its name, that they went out and won the game.

Except that they actually lost by 14 points and fell to six games under .500.

So there you go. If you want to see a player who will draw a lot attention to himself and show guys like Salvatore and Crawford who's boss, then fun-loving Ron Artest is your guy.

17. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

they lost by that much because the Jazz are a much better team (better than us even), lets not kid ourselves.

the guy is hungrier undoubtedly hungrier than any starter on our tired squad, and with direction this thing can work. Give the guy a team that isn't the reincarnate of the Jailblazers or a team in the process of destroying and rebuilding and see what he is capable of.

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

a team with the best record in the east? where as they were getting beat by the pistons in the playoffs trys to tear rips head off? yea.... i've seen him on good bad and indifferent teams and he always loses it.

His track record on the court of meltdowns, off the court meltdowns makes any other player of any talent look like a choir boy.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The interesting thing about the interview with Kobe was that you could really see how much pride Artest takes in his defense and how he's most impressed with Kobe's relentlessness on the floor. He also seemed to like to talk about his kids.

In that game where Artest got ejected against the Jazz, he didn't really do anything over the line. It was more that he bordered the line of being too physical for such a prolonged period that they had to eject him before a fight broke out. That play that he got kicked out on was nothing.

I'm more worried about his effect on the other players off the court than his in-game behavior.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

He did allegedly bust up MJ's ribs prior to his comeback. At least he probably wouldn't be ducking and hiding from the likes of Bron Bron and Co.