Piston's glass half full

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Pistons so far has not managed yet to...lose every game.
    :winner_first_h4h:
  2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Sorry to hear about that dude. I hope you can find employment soon. :)
  3. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Don't hafta feel sorry. Many here offered excellent insight to the Flip coaching dilema.
    I just figured that somebody would miss him.:crying:

Somebody like LOW coulda done a tribute to Flip. :boink: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig:
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Ha! You wish, Stuckey fanboy!

Stuck's going to the D-League by December '09!
  5. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Look...I have knocked Stuckey when he needs it and I don't drink the Kool-Aid. That comment is unfair and hyperbole. And we all feel comfortable (mostly in frustration) in using it at times.

He has an upside talent and we need not go too far in thinking that a learning curve is completely unproportional with the marketing of quick-time professionals into celebrities. Sheed, Rip, Tay and AI fit-the-bill quite nicely, thank you.

I remarked some time ago about my main concern; the potential regression of Stuckey within the current atmosphere: where he was going to be bounced back-in-forth between a veteran (all-star) team whose huge egos would not go lightly.

The question some might ask: why the concern?

Look at his demeanor: placid and not aggressive. This is an expression, writ large internally, that need nurturing externally. In the current mind frame of atmosphere, he must hunker-down and try to do no wrong. For a PG, this is a regression of learning not to feel dismissive about your mistakes.

It's arrested development. You might ask of what? Let us remember, that Stuckey is a product of a small school. Talent has an undue influence of potential writ-large that witnesses a fish, with little wiggle room, in a small pond. He came out in his junior year and missed activity in his first NBA season. Talent (not lost) was minimized by mental stasis. JD might have recognized and wanted to think of him of his alter ego: but JD, in his playing days, had enormous buffers working next to him, that Stuckey does not have. Stuckey's regression is take-off on JD's current mind set.

It is wrong (and ever more comfortable) to compare different styles with associated positional roles. Stuckey is not a point guard. To make him so is too depreciate one's talent in recognizing that personality is merely a by-product.

Bynum (like AI) is a classic point guard. It is a purity of always going forward. You can have talent with all types of quickness, agility, and flying manuevers...but, without that mental grasp, you will fall short. Bynum is a world traveler...lean, hungry and dancing to his music.

Was it a vision, or a waking dream?
    Fled is that music:---do I wake or sleep?
    Keats, Ode to a Nightingale
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

when Pistons miss POs, overworked Tay, Dice and Pistonsforum can enjoy deserved rest. :beer: :burgereater::bath1: :sleep::pop2::fish2: :djparty::chopper: :party2::couch2:
  7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

This is probably the best place to point out that Joe didn't exactly waste the ability to get a guy like Bosh or Amare (or whoever your "guy" is) when the trade deadline expired.

The difference is that now he is under the cap. Instead of a "guy" for Iverson or Rasheed, being under the cap allows Joe to be one of those teams that can swing an "Amare for Walter Sharpe and a second round pick" just to provide Phoenix with cap relief.

Somewhere in these deals trade exceptions get created I believe, which have high value in themselves.

This summer, as has already been astutely pointed out, will be very telling of Joe's ability.
  8. max

max All-Star

Good points. You can also do things on draft night such as a player plus your pick for a top 10 pick if you can find another willing team that is also under the cap.
  9. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

we have a (mostly) professional basketball team in the area to follow (st louis doesn't)
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As the team continues to descend, posting in this thread becomes more difficult, eh? :)
  11. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

In Flip's two best seasons, we lost a combined 41 games.
    (2005-2006) + (2007-2008)
    We may get to tie that in one season...:good:
  12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

enjoy losing while you can, it may not last long! :nerner:
  13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

If we have to fight our way into the playoffs.....once we get there we will be fighters.

Or some crap like that.
    :laugh:

Personally I think this looks more like a pratfall into the playoffs than a fight.
  14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

[strike]The Pistons[/strike]Bynum defeated a team (Bobcats) when it really mattered.
  15. max

max All-Star

I have a feeling Bynum is the real deal - in spite of his height. Lock him up on a cheap deal while we can and thats one less thing to worry about.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

During this year's playoffs, we can save money on spray paint and reuse the numbers board next year.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I love the gallows humor. :hanged2::pound::pound: