Pistons @ Golden State - Dec. 9th 2005

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by mercury, Oct 2, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Dec 9th @ "The Arena"
    10:30pm EST

TV: FSN Detroit
    Radio:WDFN-AM 1130

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    VS
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Injuries: Detroit -- G Lindsey Hunter (ankle), out. Golden State -- F Troy Murphy (flu), questionable; F Mickael Pietrus (knee), out

Comments on this game?
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

this is going to be a greta back-court matchup, but our frontcourt will dominate them.
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'm expecting Tayshawn to bring it. Can Dunleavy contain him. Will the pistons be able to stop Troy Murphy or will he have the usual big night againts our front line?
  4. B.P.F.HandsDown

B.P.F.HandsDown Second Round Draft Pick

First game of WC Trip

Sorry fellas that I have been M.I.A., but a brotha been trying to maintain and my internet has been down! Anyway, this is probably the most intriging matchup that they have had all yr. thus far. In past yrs, the DP's have always had trouble w/ BD, especially on the road. J-Rich is having a good yr. as well so far, but they still don't have enough to handle the DP's!! It also is a tricky game because they will be fresh off of all of that rest and sometimes that can work against you. This is not the same GS team of previous yrs. They gone bring and our boys will be ready for the challenge. Let me know what you guys think!!!

I'LL HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Definitely need another strong game from Sheed. Tay vs Dunleavy will be a good matchup, each trying to proof their worth after signing a big contract this season. Billups vs Baron will be another good matchup, each trying to proof they are worth an all star outing this year. As Rip and Ben, they should have a better matchup. PISTONS should win this game.
  6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Tay will be more aggressive than usual and walk all over Dunleavy, because he's much better and wants to show it. That contract thing really seems to have stuck with both of them. Davis will actually try to penetrate for a change and remind people how much of his talent is wasted behind the arc.

Expect a rugged game. GS seems to get up for Detroit and played us tough in their place last year.
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Ben on WDFN at 5:20 today.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

thanks

thanks for the info. player of the game will either be tay, or ben he;ll finally have a good foot by that time.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Our perimeter dee better be up because these guys will bomb without conscience.
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

keep the pace at a good level. run for easy baskets, but don't let the warriors run. good test for the pistns, and the warriors lets see if this start is for real or just a fluke.
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

Flip on WDFN at 4:35 today
  12. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

is it friday yet

if us as fans are getting antsy waiting for them to play again just imagine how the players feel id quote the thread with billups saying he hates the long layoffs but im lazy. All the rest for the guys better not make them come out slow goldenstate likes to run if they can. on a side note i think tay will crush dunleavy on offense and help hold j rich in check on d.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

according to the boxscore i saw a couple days ago the last time we played the warriors last season tay held j-rich to 6-17 shooting even with baron davis on the team. hope we see the same thing today. dunleavey has sucked all season long so unless he somehow starts doing good rip will easily handle him.
  14. Slippy

troy murphy and Ike digou will hurt our team more than usual. We need to learn how to shut down middling bigs. Opposing front lines have had too much success against us.
  15. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I hate these long layoffs, too

BUT, it was probably good for Ben's foot. Now that Darko has apparently played his way out of PT (I am probably more disappointed than anyone on here), Dale does not do much either, so Ben will be needed all the more. Shades of last year :doh: .

BUT, maybe our middlin' big will show up and play well against their middlin' big and save the day :pound: :thumb: :horn: :welcome: :first: !!!

At least, now I am convinced that Flip is fair and that is all we could have asked for, besides the g-r-e-a-t start, that is.

Nobody out here called that, as I recall. A lot of us would have been happy with 8-5, with all the western conference teams and a couple of mean back to backs.

Lookin' good!!!
  16. Slippy

Troy Murphy is questionable: flu.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

1st quarter

Murphy is looking fine.

Warriors scored 19 points in just the first 7 minutes. This isn't a Pistons-type pace. Is the Detroit defense still on vacation?
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat is open, we have a small group following the game. Feel free to join us.
  19. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Flip may be fair, but he seems to have zero trust in ANYONE on the bench, except for Evans, Dice, and Arroyo. Dice and Arroyo, I can understand. Not playing Darko after his recent bombs, I can understand. But, Delfino has proven he can play, and if he aint gonna play Darko, then were is Davis? We need bench play, soon. No way we go the season without injury, unless that's Flip's idea to start playing people.

Seems like the man is coaching scared, he's afraid, not just of losing, but of even falling behind.
  20. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

good game here.

Pistons by 2 late in the 4th....