1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons @ Grizzlies... December 19th

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by mercury, Oct 3, 2005.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Oh, I get it. Intentional sarcasm. :)

2. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I forgot to note that Carlos Arroyo pretty much sucked last night, and I wanted to make sure it was mentioned.

Can't they put an Invisible Fence transponder in his jockstrap or something? If he's still standing around dribbling when the shot clock goes under 10, Flip just presses a button and -- zzzpt! -- he gets the message. There is no excuse for monopolizing the ball for two-thirds of a possession when you're not doing anything with it.

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Yeah, but DS was able to run circles around CB a couple times and CB wasn't getting any help in the paint

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The excuse would be that he is waiting for the play to develop and screens to be set. I think that Chauncey has an easier time, because his defender can't sag off him at all, or bam, 3-pointer. That is why I think that Carlos needs to be a bit more selfish offensively, so that the defense respects him.

5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I doubt there's a play in the NBA that requires 10 seconds to set up. And even if there is, a point guard standing 30 feet from the basket is in no position to execute it. His job is to use movement to lure opponents into the right position for screens and cuts, not to stand around like he's surveying a building foundation.

Carlos has plenty of quickness and skill for that job, even if he doesn't end up taking the shot.

6. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

So what you are saying is the reason why the game was so close is because Sheed was in early foul trouble. Cool.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Just what the doctor ordered a tough game against a team with good D and a great frontline. I hope the moxie that it took to win last night will continue into 2nite and we get one over Portland, No D Miles should be a good thing. Sheed will be very motivated from the bad game lastnight and having the student Zac in town.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah we should of fouled, and we've seen flip pull that off against GS when we were up by 3 so it's not like he doesn't know about that. delfino had a couple of very good slashes.